PDA

View Full Version : CFL Commish thinks NFL team coming to Toronto

Mudflap1
11-23-2007, 06:28 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3124329

Night Train
11-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Sounds like we'll take the CFL's Argo's place and replace our Miami rivalry with the Hamilton Ti-Cats.

hammerbillsfan
11-23-2007, 11:12 PM
:ill:

THATHURMANATOR
11-24-2007, 02:17 AM
Sounds like we'll take the CFL's Argo's place and replace our Miami rivalry with the Hamilton Ti-Cats.
How did you come to that conclusion by reading the attached article? If anything it insinuates that it will be a team other than the Bills

Night Train
11-24-2007, 05:43 AM
How did you come to that conclusion by reading the attached article? If anything it insinuates that it will be a team other than the Bills

It's called humor, Thurm.

Unlike everyone rushing to bury us, I'll enjoy the team and let time play itself out. Every news article shouldn't trigger a knee jerk reaction. It's all speculation.

Jan Reimers
11-24-2007, 07:39 AM
The Jags and the Vikings need new homes.

The Bills will be fine in Buffalo with a consortium of local owners, including Jack Kemp as President and Jim Kelly as Director of Football Operations.

patmoran2006
11-24-2007, 10:22 AM
I do think Jimbo is VERY SERIOUS about keeping this team here, and I'll go as far to say he may get some kind of deal done with Wilson before he dies.

If the team goes totally on the open market, I think its over for buffalo.

DynaPaul
11-25-2007, 07:32 AM
Per PFT:

TORONTO THINKS THE BILLS ARE COMING by Michael David Smith

Stephen Brunt of the Toronto-based Globe and Mail reports that Canadian Football League Commissioner Mark Cohon is working on "the beginning of a strategy for co-existence" with the NFL, which increasingly looks like it wants to establish more of a presence in Toronto.

According to Brunt, Cohon is the first CFL commissioner ever to acknowledge the possibility of the NFL playing in Toronto.

"You have an owner in Ralph Wilson in Buffalo who has said, 'When I die, my estate will sell the franchise,' " Cohon said. "You have the Bills interested in marking Toronto as part of their territory. ... So I think there are all of these things lining up that indicate it could happen. I'm not sticking my head in the sand. That would be the worst thing for the CFL commissioner to do. So I think there's a real potential."

Brunt writes that the Bills are "coming to Toronto to play two games a year starting next fall," but no definitive plans along those lines have been announced.

NFL officials and Bills owner Ralph Wilson have, however, expressed an interest in seeing the Bills play home games in Toronto, which is about 100 miles from Buffalo.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has said that Wilson's proposal to play one home game per season in Toronto for the next five years has been met with general acceptance from Wilson's fellow owners.

mybills
11-25-2007, 07:49 AM
:chuckle: