• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Anatomy of a play: Moss' 43-yard TD pass

An interesting breakdown of the play on NFL.com:

LINK

Fans normally aren't privy to that kind of breakdown. It shows how coaching and scheme decisions play out in a game.
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: Anatomy of a play: Moss' 43-yard TD pass

thanks.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i dont understand why people dont do all out punt blocks on brady every time.. at least someone could hit him.. at this point.. nothing else is working.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

This is a great analysis on that play.

What I'm trying to figure out is why the Bills are trying to revert to inept trickery on defense, gambling against the best, but run an atypical conservative offense?!

When the Bills played Dallas they brought the farm. The punt fake on the initial drive..etc.

2 guys rushing Tom Brady? Way to over think it guys.

Comment

• Kerr
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
          This is a great analysis on that play.

What I'm trying to figure out is why the Bills are trying to revert to inept trickery on defense, gambling against the best, but run an atypical conservative offense?!

When the Bills played Dallas they brought the farm. The punt fake on the initial drive..etc.

Actually, they had the right idea onle sending two linemen, but they failed to do something else, which was bump 'n' run and kill brady's timing, but no, our defensive gurus made our solid corners play off their receivers. If you want to get to a qb like brady, you need to kill his timing whether it's through a good pass rush(we don't have) or good coverage(we have). In our case, our secondary is our strength, yet our defensive gurus chose to let them get burned out there relying on our pass rush. If our secondary was allowed to play man and bump coverage, maybe mr. coverage sack would have amounted to one sack on brady like he always does.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

****ing DiGiorgio.

9 in coverage against 5 receivers and we still can't ****ing stop it. ****.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
              Actually, they had the right idea onle sending two linemen, but they failed to do something else, which was bump 'n' run and kill brady's timing, but no, our defensive gurus made our solid corners play off their receivers. If you want to get to a qb like brady, you need to kill his timing whether it's through a good pass rush(we don't have) or good coverage(we have). In our case, our secondary is our strength, yet our defensive gurus chose to let them get burned out there relying on our pass rush. If our secondary was allowed to play man and bump coverage, maybe mr. coverage sack would have amounted to one sack on brady like he always does.
              Our personnel are pretty much the opposite of what the scheme calls for. Same old song.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

Yeah, that was a pretty ****ed up gameplan.

Leave it to Buffalo to lead the way in finding new and interesting ways to lose an NFL game.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE

Comment

• Oaf
                    Do you read what you write?
                    • Jun 2007

I thought that was actually the right idea because we got the same amount of pressure with two guys as with seven guys.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      ****ing DiGiorgio.

9 in coverage against 5 receivers and we still can't ****ing stop it. ****.
                      WTF are you talking about? DiG was where he was suppose to be. Did you see who McGee was covering? NObody. Well maybe the ref.

Another problem with this is that, who the hell rushes two people at Brady? I think even a ****** knows that the only way you can make Brady commit a mistake is to pressure him. TWo man rush? You kidding me? That's why they scored on every drive.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• djjimkelly
                        • Apr 2003

look i said this on gameday right after the play happened our scheme IS WAY FLAWED.

more proof cover 2 is a joke

even bigger proof jauron is a fraud.

and this leaves us in a serious quandry. we are 5-5 with totally inept coaches.

however media believes 5-5 is some miracle for this team i called 8-8 for many reasons. and one of those factors was coaching. one was our lack of skill and size at WR.

but anyone who believes this cover 2 scheme is EVER gonna cut it for us is totally crazy.

the biggest issue we face is simple another year or 2 of jauron and this cover 2 CRAP we will draft another 5-6 guys with high picks who are supposed to fit this crap scheme. and then boom we will fire jauron someone else will come in say this scheme is a joke.

THEN THE VICIOUS CYCLE BEGINS AGAIN THUS ****TY TEAMS STAY ****TY FOR YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am i sick of losing sure but i know it wont stop till we get a real scheme on both sides of the ball.

SYSTEMS SUCKS PLAYERS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLAY TO STRENGTH OF YOUR PLAYERS AND YOU WILL RARELY GO WRONG OUR COACHES REFUSE!!!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          WTF are you talking about? DiG was where he was suppose to be. Did you see who McGee was covering? NObody. Well maybe the ref.

Another problem with this is that, who the hell rushes two people at Brady? I think even a ****** knows that the only way you can make Brady commit a mistake is to pressure him. TWo man rush? You kidding me? That's why they scored on every drive.
                          did you watch the video NE39? Apparently not.

Dig was in the middle where the two DT's were supposed to be. He didn't pick up Welker in the slot, which forced Wilson to move in towards Welker instead of hanging back to take the deep route away from Moss. If DiG had dropped deeper instead of trying to hold hands with the DT, he could have picked up Welker and Moss wouldn't have been wide open.

Now, could DiG successfully cover Welker? Probably not, but it would have been a much more difficult completion than just lofting it to a wide open Moss.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            did you watch the video NE39? Apparently not.

Dig was in the middle where the two DT's were supposed to be. He didn't pick up Welker in the slot, which forced Wilson to move in towards Welker instead of hanging back to take the deep route away from Moss. If DiG had dropped deeper instead of trying to hold hands with the DT, he could have picked up Welker and Moss wouldn't have been wide open.

Now, could DiG successfully cover Welker? Probably not, but it would have been a much more difficult completion than just lofting it to a wide open Moss.
                            OF course I saw it. Welker is the slot guy in that situation. The safety Wilson was suppose to pick up the deep wr which was mOss . McGee or whoever that cb was was playing the run which is why he was covering no one.Bad read on his part .

The pass was completed to Wilsons man. Moss was in Wilsons area of responsibility so you're blaming the wrong guy. So you're complaining about the wrong guy.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              i dont understand why people dont do all out punt blocks on brady every time.. at least someone could hit him.. at this point.. nothing else is working.
                              How funny! I was just having that same conversation with some friends on Thanksgiving. Your losing anyways, the least you can do is put a hurt on Brady and show how much you like having the score run up. I'm hoping this happens by some team this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X