PDA

View Full Version : Anatomy of a play: Moss' 43-yard TD pass

Ickybaluky
11-23-2007, 06:36 PM
An interesting breakdown of the play on NFL.com:

LINK (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80467def)

Fans normally aren't privy to that kind of breakdown. It shows how coaching and scheme decisions play out in a game.

Tatonka
11-23-2007, 06:53 PM
thanks.

Tatonka
11-23-2007, 06:54 PM
i dont understand why people dont do all out punt blocks on brady every time.. at least someone could hit him.. at this point.. nothing else is working.

RedEyE
11-23-2007, 07:58 PM
This is a great analysis on that play.

What I'm trying to figure out is why the Bills are trying to revert to inept trickery on defense, gambling against the best, but run an atypical conservative offense?!

When the Bills played Dallas they brought the farm. The punt fake on the initial drive..etc.

2 guys rushing Tom Brady? Way to over think it guys.

Kerr
11-23-2007, 09:40 PM
This is a great analysis on that play.

What I'm trying to figure out is why the Bills are trying to revert to inept trickery on defense, gambling against the best, but run an atypical conservative offense?!

When the Bills played Dallas they brought the farm. The punt fake on the initial drive..etc.

Actually, they had the right idea onle sending two linemen, but they failed to do something else, which was bump 'n' run and kill brady's timing, but no, our defensive gurus made our solid corners play off their receivers. If you want to get to a qb like brady, you need to kill his timing whether it's through a good pass rush(we don't have) or good coverage(we have). In our case, our secondary is our strength, yet our defensive gurus chose to let them get burned out there relying on our pass rush. If our secondary was allowed to play man and bump coverage, maybe mr. coverage sack would have amounted to one sack on brady like he always does.

OpIv37
11-23-2007, 09:47 PM
****ing DiGiorgio.

9 in coverage against 5 receivers and we still can't ****ing stop it. ****.

Philagape
11-23-2007, 10:21 PM
Actually, they had the right idea onle sending two linemen, but they failed to do something else, which was bump 'n' run and kill brady's timing, but no, our defensive gurus made our solid corners play off their receivers. If you want to get to a qb like brady, you need to kill his timing whether it's through a good pass rush(we don't have) or good coverage(we have). In our case, our secondary is our strength, yet our defensive gurus chose to let them get burned out there relying on our pass rush. If our secondary was allowed to play man and bump coverage, maybe mr. coverage sack would have amounted to one sack on brady like he always does.

Our personnel are pretty much the opposite of what the scheme calls for. Same old song.

jamze132
11-24-2007, 06:16 AM
Yeah, that was a pretty ****ed up gameplan.

Leave it to Buffalo to lead the way in finding new and interesting ways to lose an NFL game.

Mitchy moo
11-24-2007, 07:00 AM

:crush:

Oaf
11-24-2007, 09:30 AM
I thought that was actually the right idea because we got the same amount of pressure with two guys as with seven guys.

justasportsfan
11-24-2007, 10:32 AM
****ing DiGiorgio.

9 in coverage against 5 receivers and we still can't ****ing stop it. ****.
WTF are you talking about? DiG was where he was suppose to be. Did you see who McGee was covering? NObody. Well maybe the ref.

Another problem with this is that, who the hell rushes two people at Brady? I think even a ****** knows that the only way you can make Brady commit a mistake is to pressure him. TWo man rush? You kidding me? That's why they scored on every drive.

djjimkelly
11-24-2007, 11:09 AM
look i said this on gameday right after the play happened our scheme IS WAY FLAWED.

more proof cover 2 is a joke

even bigger proof jauron is a fraud.

and this leaves us in a serious quandry. we are 5-5 with totally inept coaches.

however media believes 5-5 is some miracle for this team i called 8-8 for many reasons. and one of those factors was coaching. one was our lack of skill and size at WR.

but anyone who believes this cover 2 scheme is EVER gonna cut it for us is totally crazy.

the biggest issue we face is simple another year or 2 of jauron and this cover 2 CRAP we will draft another 5-6 guys with high picks who are supposed to fit this crap scheme. and then boom we will fire jauron someone else will come in say this scheme is a joke.

THEN THE VICIOUS CYCLE BEGINS AGAIN THUS ****TY TEAMS STAY ****TY FOR YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am i sick of losing sure but i know it wont stop till we get a real scheme on both sides of the ball.

SYSTEMS SUCKS PLAYERS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLAY TO STRENGTH OF YOUR PLAYERS AND YOU WILL RARELY GO WRONG OUR COACHES REFUSE!!!!!!!!

OpIv37
11-24-2007, 12:57 PM
WTF are you talking about? DiG was where he was suppose to be. Did you see who McGee was covering? NObody. Well maybe the ref.

Another problem with this is that, who the hell rushes two people at Brady? I think even a ****** knows that the only way you can make Brady commit a mistake is to pressure him. TWo man rush? You kidding me? That's why they scored on every drive.

did you watch the video NE39? Apparently not.

Dig was in the middle where the two DT's were supposed to be. He didn't pick up Welker in the slot, which forced Wilson to move in towards Welker instead of hanging back to take the deep route away from Moss. If DiG had dropped deeper instead of trying to hold hands with the DT, he could have picked up Welker and Moss wouldn't have been wide open.

Now, could DiG successfully cover Welker? Probably not, but it would have been a much more difficult completion than just lofting it to a wide open Moss.

justasportsfan
11-25-2007, 12:59 AM
did you watch the video NE39? Apparently not.

Dig was in the middle where the two DT's were supposed to be. He didn't pick up Welker in the slot, which forced Wilson to move in towards Welker instead of hanging back to take the deep route away from Moss. If DiG had dropped deeper instead of trying to hold hands with the DT, he could have picked up Welker and Moss wouldn't have been wide open.

Now, could DiG successfully cover Welker? Probably not, but it would have been a much more difficult completion than just lofting it to a wide open Moss.
OF course I saw it. Welker is the slot guy in that situation. The safety Wilson was suppose to pick up the deep wr which was mOss . McGee or whoever that cb was was playing the run which is why he was covering no one.Bad read on his part .

The pass was completed to Wilsons man. Moss was in Wilsons area of responsibility so you're blaming the wrong guy. So you're complaining about the wrong guy.

Nighthawk
11-25-2007, 10:47 AM
i dont understand why people dont do all out punt blocks on brady every time.. at least someone could hit him.. at this point.. nothing else is working.

How funny! I was just having that same conversation with some friends on Thanksgiving. Your losing anyways, the least you can do is put a hurt on Brady and show how much you like having the score run up. I'm hoping this happens by some team this year.

OpIv37
11-25-2007, 01:43 PM
OF course I saw it. Welker is the slot guy in that situation. The safety Wilson was suppose to pick up the deep wr which was mOss . McGee or whoever that cb was was playing the run which is why he was covering no one.Bad read on his part .

The pass was completed to Wilsons man. Moss was in Wilsons area of responsibility so you're blaming the wrong guy. So you're complaining about the wrong guy.

Wilson's responsibility was the deep part of the field on that side. Because DiG didn't drop deep enough, there were two guys coming uncovered into Wilson's zone. If he picks up Moss, Brady throws to Welker. He picked up Welker, so Brady went to Moss. Wilson was screwed either way because DiG didn't pick up Welker.

Mr. Cynical
11-25-2007, 03:20 PM
An interesting breakdown of the play on NFL.com:

LINK (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80467def)

Fans normally aren't privy to that kind of breakdown. It shows how coaching and scheme decisions play out in a game.

Sorry but right now I could give two s***ts about anything concerning the Cheatriots.

justasportsfan
11-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Wilson's responsibility was the deep part of the field on that side. Because DiG didn't drop deep enough, there were two guys coming uncovered into Wilson's zone. If he picks up Moss, Brady throws to Welker. He picked up Welker, so Brady went to Moss. Wilson was screwed either way because DiG didn't pick up Welker.
MOss caught the DEEP ball. Wilson should not care what goes on underneath him and stop the big play. THe big play was his responisibility. He gets the blame.

Wleker didn't catch the ball MOss did. Nuff said.

OpIv37
11-25-2007, 03:42 PM
MOss caught the DEEP ball. Wilson should not care what goes on underneath him and stop the big play. THe big play was his responisibility. He gets the blame.

Wleker didn't catch the ball MOss did. Nuff said.

He had to care what went on underneath him because DiG was out of position. You're basically saying that it's not ok for Wilson to leave Moss wide open but it is ok for Wilson to leave Welker wide open. Wilson was put in the impossible position of trying to do both his job and DiGiorgio's.

justasportsfan
11-25-2007, 03:48 PM
He had to care what went on underneath him because DiG was out of position. You're basically saying that it's not ok for Wilson to leave Moss wide open but it is ok for Wilson to leave Welker wide open. Wilson was put in the impossible position of trying to do both his job and DiGiorgio's.
yeah yeah, like Leonard was out of position. :rolleyes: Moss' cover guy left him alone . THe ball was thrown on the right side of the field. DiG was in the center of the field where the MLB was suppose to be. The MLB on that play was suppose to cover the middle part of the field and the play was made where? Deep on the right side. That's not DiG area. If you can't understand that, nothing i can do just like you did't know where Leanoard was suppose to be.

We can argue this til' we're blue in the face the fact is, MOss caught the TD and he isn't Dig's man.

OpIv37
11-25-2007, 04:10 PM
yeah yeah, like Leonard was out of position. :rolleyes: Moss' cover guy left him alone . THe ball was thrown on the right side of the field. DiG was in the center of the field where the MLB was suppose to be. The MLB on that play was suppose to cover the middle part of the field and the play was made where? Deep on the right side. That's not DiG area. If you can't understand that, nothing i can do just like you did't know where Leanoard was suppose to be.

We can argue this til' we're blue in the face the fact is, MOss caught the TD and he isn't Dig's man.

just watch the damn video- they explain how DiG didn't drop far enough and he was in the same areas that the DT's were supposed to cover. It doesn't get any clearer than that.

Wilson was in DiG's area because DiG was out of position and that's why Moss was open. And this isn't my opinion- watch the video- it's shown and explained by someone who knows a lot more about football than you or me. You're just sticking up for DiG cuz you like the guy- that's what this is really about.

justasportsfan
11-25-2007, 04:18 PM
just watch the damn video- they explain how DiG didn't drop far enough and he was in the same areas that the DT's were supposed to cover. It doesn't get any clearer than that.

Wilson was in DiG's area because DiG was out of position and that's why Moss was open. And this isn't my opinion- watch the video- it's shown and explained by someone who knows a lot more about football than you or me. You're just sticking up for DiG cuz you like the guy- that's what this is really about.
I watched the damn video. Moss caught the ball. HIs cb should've done a better job at reading the play and he wouldn't have left MOss in the first place. Wilson should've stuck to Moss and let someone else worry about Welker so he wouldn't give up a huge play. Remember, if Welker caught the ball that would be a bend D and a TD to Moss would be a break D. Guess which is better, bend or break? Guess what happened, break.

Never give up the big play. Wilson did and it was in his area of responsibility. Just like Leonard caught an INT in his area of responsibility ;)

OpIv37
11-25-2007, 04:43 PM
I watched the damn video. Moss caught the ball. HIs cb should've done a better job at reading the play and he wouldn't have left MOss in the first place. Wilson should've stuck to Moss and let someone else worry about Welker so he wouldn't give up a huge play. Remember, if Welker caught the ball that would be a bend D and a TD to Moss would be a break D. Guess which is better, bend or break? Guess what happened, break.

Never give up the big play. Wilson did and it was in his area of responsibility. Just like Leonard caught an INT in his area of responsibility ;)

Wilson was out of position because he was trying to compensate for DiG's mistake. If DiG wasn't out of position, Wilson wouldn't have been out of position either.

And on that Leonard INT, a pass 2 feet higher would have been a TD. But that's ok- we can give our guys credit they don't deserve for the other team's mistakes :rolleyes: