PDA

View Full Version : Garrard Attempts to Lead Jags Past Bills

G. Host
11-24-2007, 09:39 AM
From the opposing press:

http://www.kcba.com/sports/nfl/story.aspx?content_id=04dcf893-1007-4dd4-b017-d127429efe6b

This Sunday, the Bills will stick with starting quarterback J.P. Losman despite his past two mediocre games. Losman may have received a pass for the New England game after he was 15-of-26 throwing for 173 yards and an interception against the league's fourth-ranked defense, producing a passer rating of 74.7. He was also sacked four times.

Losman, though, faces another tough defense predicated on rushing the passer and making offenses one-dimensional. Losman must be at the top of his game on Sunday, especially since Buffalo's offense has managed just 13 points in each of its last two road wins (Dolphins, Jets).

patmoran2006
11-24-2007, 10:21 AM
This game scares the **** out of me.

Garrad hasn't thrown a pick all season, and we thrive on turnovers. He also has the best 3rd down completion % in the entire NFL, which means he doesn't force a lot of stupid passes.

Then of course, the meat and potatoes of the Jags offense is that running games with Jones-Drew and Taylor. Not a good matchup for Buffalo in my mind. I guess what gives us hope is the starters on defense Jags have missing, it's on Losman to have a huge game, he needs to if we're going to win.

The kind of QB Garrad is the kind of QB I think Edwards can become. High percentage and smart and keeps his team in the game regardless of opponent. Of course, Edwards has made a few bonehead rookie throws for picks this year, which I think in his next go-round he'll learn a lot from.

YardRat
11-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Garrard's due for a couple of picks, then. I hope they both get returned for TD's :D

As long as Jax doesn't turn the ball over, this isn't a good match-up for us. They can pound with the run and use high-percentage passes to keep our defense honest. Their defense doesn't have to do much except guard Lee deep and stack up against the run.

Unless we can get some big scoring plays from ST and D, I don't see us putting too many points on the board.

mybills
11-24-2007, 08:18 PM
McGee is gonna pick him off, twice. :D

Ickybaluky
11-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Jacksonville has really struggled defending the pass. They have given up 40 pass plays of 20+ yards or more, most in the NFL. The Jacksonville S frequently are caught out of position and surrender big plays. Look for Losman-to-Evans for a Bills win.

jamze132
11-25-2007, 03:32 AM
Jacksonville has really struggled defending the pass. They have given up 40 pass plays of 20+ yards or more, most in the NFL. The Jacksonville S frequently are caught out of position and surrender big plays. Look for Losman-to-Evans for a Bills win.
I like your enthusiasm but Losman to Evans was so yesterday...

mybills
11-25-2007, 06:35 AM
I like your enthusiasm but Losman to Evans was so yesterday...
What? It's Monday already? :eek:

jamze132
11-26-2007, 08:02 AM
What? It's Monday already? :eek:
From here on out, its going to be "Edwards to the checkdown".