• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Losman faces last chance to secure starting job

So it comes down to this for J.P. Losman. One start — probably his last if it’s lost — as a member of the Buffalo Bills.

After coming to the Bills as a highly-touted first-round draft pick, one that the team traded up to get in 2004, Losman has had more downs than ups in his career. A knee injury in Week 3 against the New England Patriots gave Trent Edwards his chance, and the rookie did enough with it to win the starting job.

Losman took over in a win against the New York Jets last month, and has held the starting job ever since. But the feeling around the team is his hold on the position is tenuous at best.

“You’re asking me if I feel like I’m on a short leash? I’ve been feeling that way for quite some time,” he said. “It’s not affecting my play. That’s not the reason why we are not scoring points or we’re not winning ball games. That’s something that you’re going to have to get over and be mentally tough as a player. I’ve been able to deal with those things over the last couple of years, but I’m still learning how to get better at it I guess.”

Bills coach Dick Jauron said he doesn’t consider this a make-it-or-break-it game for Losman, yet he left the door open for a potential switch.

“We’ll just play this game and see where it goes,” he said.
    full story

i have always wanted JP to succeed. i know he's not our future QB, but i hope he has a great game today.

• hurls
    • Oct 2003

Re: Losman faces last chance to secure starting job

I don't know. The kid had a good game, followed by a bad game they won, followed by a bad game they lost that Roger Staubach couldn't have won. I kinda wish they gave him more of a chance with the OLine they brought in here. He was hurt vs NE, lineman were out, JP is back with the reg line now, but only for what, the 3rd or 4th game in a row? We need to see consistent performance from consistent performers to make the decision. To kill the guy, he needs to suck for a lot longer IMO. That sounds bad, but makes sense.

Comment

• njsue
      Jersey Girl!!!!!!
      • Sep 2003

He better take his head out of his ass and play big or it is out to pasture.

Don't forget to vote. Help the food banks of buffalo by increasing the Bills chances in this contest. We have to be in the MIC. This can be accomplished in the first goal of knocking off Jacksonville.

Comment

• njsue
        Jersey Girl!!!!!!
        • Sep 2003

JP looks like a scared kid when opposing defense put the heat on him. For once I would like to see him make a great decision.

Hopefully today is the day.

Don't forget to vote. Help the food banks of buffalo by increasing the bills chances.

We have to back the team.

Comment

• Bufftp
          Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Hurls, explain to me how having fun and providing food to the less fortunate has become an obsession of your negativity?
          Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
          "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
          Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
          - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
          to be led by permanent ideals -
          that is what keeps a man patient
          when the world ignores him,
          and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• shelby
            The Vanilla *****
            • Jul 2002

Keep it football related please. Click for Cans has its own thread.
            This article is about JP, not Chunky Soup.

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

CSL
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Evans continues to disappoint me. So much for being a team player. It's not obvious to him that JP is fighting for his job?

It's looking more and more likely that Evans will not be here.

Comment

• bills_7
                  TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
                  • Mar 2004

sucks that lynch has to be out.. i think ul see losman play to we are out of teh playoffs then give trent the last few games...

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      Evans continues to disappoint me. So much for being a team player. It's not obvious to him that JP is fighting for his job?

It's looking more and more likely that Evans will not be here.
                      First of all he didn't say anything derogatory to any player .
                      HE is backing up a BILLS PLAYER. what is it about that that doesn't make him a team player? Is It because he's not backing up a bills player you like ? ok.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                      X