PDA

View Full Version : Losman faces last chance to secure starting job

shelby
11-25-2007, 08:14 AM
So it comes down to this for J.P. Losman. One start — probably his last if it’s lost — as a member of the Buffalo Bills.

After coming to the Bills as a highly-touted first-round draft pick, one that the team traded up to get in 2004, Losman has had more downs than ups in his career. A knee injury in Week 3 against the New England Patriots gave Trent Edwards his chance, and the rookie did enough with it to win the starting job.

Losman took over in a win against the New York Jets last month, and has held the starting job ever since. But the feeling around the team is his hold on the position is tenuous at best.

“You’re asking me if I feel like I’m on a short leash? I’ve been feeling that way for quite some time,” he said. “It’s not affecting my play. That’s not the reason why we are not scoring points or we’re not winning ball games. That’s something that you’re going to have to get over and be mentally tough as a player. I’ve been able to deal with those things over the last couple of years, but I’m still learning how to get better at it I guess.”

Bills coach Dick Jauron said he doesn’t consider this a make-it-or-break-it game for Losman, yet he left the door open for a potential switch.

“We’ll just play this game and see where it goes,” he said.

full story (http://www.niagara-gazette.com/Buffalo%20Bills/gnnbuffalorbills_story_328220148.html?keyword=topstory)

i have always wanted JP to succeed. i know he's not our future QB, but i hope he has a great game today.:pray:

:gobills:

hurls
11-25-2007, 08:27 AM
I don't know. The kid had a good game, followed by a bad game they won, followed by a bad game they lost that Roger Staubach couldn't have won. I kinda wish they gave him more of a chance with the OLine they brought in here. He was hurt vs NE, lineman were out, JP is back with the reg line now, but only for what, the 3rd or 4th game in a row? We need to see consistent performance from consistent performers to make the decision. To kill the guy, he needs to suck for a lot longer IMO. That sounds bad, but makes sense.

njsue
11-25-2007, 08:56 AM
He better take his head out of his ass and play big or it is out to pasture.

Don't forget to vote. Help the food banks of buffalo by increasing the Bills chances in this contest. We have to be in the MIC. This can be accomplished in the first goal of knocking off Jacksonville.

http://www.chunky.com/ClickForCansVote.aspx

njsue
11-25-2007, 09:04 AM
JP looks like a scared kid when opposing defense put the heat on him. For once I would like to see him make a great decision.

Hopefully today is the day.

Don't forget to vote. Help the food banks of buffalo by increasing the bills chances.

We have to back the team.

http://www.chunky.com/ClickForCansVote.aspx

Bufftp
11-25-2007, 09:14 AM
Hurls, explain to me how having fun and providing food to the less fortunate has become an obsession of your negativity?

shelby
11-25-2007, 09:19 AM
Keep it football related please. Click for Cans has its own thread.
This article is about JP, not Chunky Soup.

mybills
11-25-2007, 09:41 AM
CSL

HHURRICANE
11-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Evans continues to disappoint me. So much for being a team player. It's not obvious to him that JP is fighting for his job?

It's looking more and more likely that Evans will not be here.

bills_7
11-25-2007, 11:33 AM
sucks that lynch has to be out.. i think ul see losman play to we are out of teh playoffs then give trent the last few games...

YardRat
11-25-2007, 11:37 AM
:gobills: :beers:

justasportsfan
11-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Evans continues to disappoint me. So much for being a team player. It's not obvious to him that JP is fighting for his job?

It's looking more and more likely that Evans will not be here. First of all he didn't say anything derogatory to any player .
HE is backing up a BILLS PLAYER. what is it about that that doesn't make him a team player? Is It because he's not backing up a bills player you like ? ok.