mchurchfie
11-25-2007, 02:35 PM
What's there to talk about, we have none.:down:

chubluv
11-25-2007, 03:16 PM
Aint that the truth!

Don't Panic
11-25-2007, 03:23 PM
A lot of tweaking for our D that has allowed 92 points in the last two weeks this coming offseason.

Historian
11-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Jax was holding our DEs all day long, but they weren't calling it.

Michael82
11-25-2007, 03:39 PM
It sucks! :ill:

Kerr
11-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Perry Fool preaches freedom to WRs.

LABillsFan
11-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Lets talk about holding the Jags to 5 field goals and keping the O in the game. D's have bad games, O's have bad games, personally (and I know it's not saying much) but the D is playing better than the O. I'll give up FG's all day rather than TD's but sustained drives and points by the O helps out the D. I think you saw it with Trent playing.

mchurchfie
11-25-2007, 04:04 PM
The only sustained drives I saw were on the Jags side. I think they punted one time the whole game. FGs and time of possession add up too after awhile. A couple of blitzes would have been nice but Fewell has zero balls with his same old predictable defense.:z:

Bmax
11-25-2007, 04:16 PM
No pass rush....Need DT and DE ...In FA and Draft

Suggestions....

FA-Colin Cole Green Bay...DT
Draft-Vernon Gholston DE Ohio St.
DT-M arcus Harrison-Arkansas- rd's 3-5
DT- Frank Okam -RD- 1
DE-Derrick Harvey-Rd-1
DE-Jonal St Dic-Mich ST- Pass Rusher-RD-3-4...Fast riser...short small 6-1 -255...See Elvis Dummervill- who every scout said was too short at 5-11 ...but the guy got 8 sacks .. bills have 9 this season total yikes...some say he is a OLB...Might fit 3-4 better...

Remeber this Mathis from Indy is not big but very quick .. This front needs more speed .. See Colts def or Tampa's from the past ...With out pressure the cover 2 or tampa 2 .. struggles....

Don't even get me started on the WR's .....

Another time another post....

BMAX

RoanokeVABillsFan
11-25-2007, 05:15 PM
I agree. I think the Fewell has done a really decent job this year until this game. These receivers are not feared around the league, in fact, they've been known to be a weak spot on this team. This qb hasn't made mistakes, but he looked like Brady on 3rd downs because we gave him all day and didn't force him into rushed decisions. We played a zone on almost all of them and they just picked their spots. Why the defensive calls didn't mix things up and throw some man to man on this group of receivers and blitz to put pressure on this qb is beyond me. I know hindsight is 20-20, but after he completed 8 out of the first 10 (if I remember right), you have to do something different and we didn't seem to change. It was almost like hoping he'd finally screw up instead of us forcing him to.

im4bflo
11-25-2007, 05:18 PM
the cover 2 sucks!

YardRat
11-25-2007, 07:00 PM
I thought I saw more man coverage today than in the previous few games.

Akhippo
11-25-2007, 07:23 PM
We did blitz once on third down and it worked. Its all about confusing the offense and kjnowing what they are likely to do.

I think we need a lesson on how to defense the slant. We have gotten killed all year. I thought the cover two gave the WR and outside release so he can get dumped to the safety. We shouldnt be giving free inside releases for 15 yd gains.

Number one priority in the draft is a pass rushing D lineman. We have 9 sacks all year. NINE. If that doesnt put a premium on our line I dont know what number will. Especially with the philosophy of the cover two being pressure. I dont care how much money was given to our DE's. Thats the GMs mistake and a sunk cost.

DarbyTheDinosaur
11-26-2007, 06:37 AM
Why are they constantly giving 15-20 yard cushions on 3rd and 10-12 plays? Does the Cover 2 defense not allow you to put a body on the WR at the line...you know, slow him down an extra second so your DE and DTs can actually get to the QB? How many "three step drop and fire for 15 yards" did Garrard complete yesterday? On just about every one, I saw somebody from the D line a step or two away...I can't help but think that with a little stick at the line, maybe there would have been a little more time to create a sack or force Garrard out of the pocket.