PDA

View Full Version : Is this JP's last game?

Mr. Cynical
11-25-2007, 03:14 PM
Is this the end for JP?

Historian
11-25-2007, 03:23 PM
Gannon tried to be politically correct by saying, "Buffalo needs better play at the QB position."

But in reality, he was probably laughing his nuts off in the booth.

Mr. Cynical
11-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Gannon tried to be politically correct by saying, "Buffalo needs better play at the QB position."

But in reality, he was probably laughing his nuts off in the booth.

Gannon would be an upgrade. Seriously, anyone who still wants to debate the fact that JP is not a starting caliber QB is delusional. He simply does NOT have it.

JP = RJ

End of story.

Let's just hope TE gets the rest of the season so we can see if he has the potential to be our future. If not, we need to try again.

Philagape
11-25-2007, 03:27 PM
If this is a prediction poll, it's as much about the coaches' stupidity as the QB, therefore nothing's a given.

justasportsfan
11-25-2007, 03:27 PM
If it is, what a lucky guy. He was unlucky to be drafted by the bills in the first place. Now he can move on to better things while this organization will continue to blow until the ownership changes hands.

Michael82
11-25-2007, 03:37 PM
If it is, what a lucky guy. He was unlucky to be drafted by the bills in the first place. Now he can move on to better things while this organization will continue to blow until the ownership changes hands.
Good point.

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 03:38 PM

Is bagging groceries a better thing? Because I guarantee you that this bum won't start anywhere else.

justasportsfan
11-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Is bagging groceries a better thing? Because I guarantee you that this bum won't start anywhere else.
yeah yeah. Did you guarantee Kurt Warner would continue to bag groceries too?

BTW, you think the browns might want to trade Anderson for Evans?

ParanoidAndroid
11-25-2007, 03:43 PM
I would say yes, but I don't think the coaching staff is going to switch again until we are mathematically eliminated. I do think that Trent will play the last couple of games and end up becoming the starter to begin next season. Trent is clearly the smarter of the two.

Jan Reimers
11-25-2007, 03:44 PM
I've been a JP suporter, but I've seen enough. I don't think JP wil ever master the mental aspects, or the intangibles, of playing QB in the NFL.

It's time to give Edwards a try.

Mitchy moo
11-25-2007, 03:44 PM
No emotion involved, Trent needs to play.

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 03:45 PM

BTW, you think the browns might want to trade Anderson for Evans?
Kurt Warner never got a chance in the NFL before his breakout season with the Rams. Losman has had plenty of chances. He just sucks. Point blank, period.

Why would the Browns want Evans? He'd be their third receiver. And 4th option in the passing game. Behind Braylon, JJ and KII.

hydro
11-25-2007, 03:46 PM
JP supporters are pouting now. Hilarious!

justasportsfan
11-25-2007, 03:51 PM
Kurt Warner never got a chance in the NFL before his breakout season with the Rams. Losman has had plenty of chances. He just sucks. Point blank, period.

Why would the Browns want Evans? He'd be their third receiver. And 4th option in the passing game. Behind Braylon, JJ and KII.
tell me what qb would've succeeded in LOsmans place under the circumstances he was in since he's been here? Rivers? He's struggling NOW with better supporting cast.

Did you also guarantee Steve Young was gonna be a bust after his tampa stint too?

Philagape
11-25-2007, 03:51 PM
JP supporters are pouting now. Hilarious!

Come now, take no joy in this. JP makes everybody pout.

lordofgun
11-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Sadly, no.

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 04:03 PM
tell me what qb would've succeeded in LOsmans place under the circumstances he was in since he's been here? Rivers? He's struggling NOW with better supporting cast.

Did you also guarantee Steve Young was gonna be a bust after his tampa stint too?

Trent Edwards has done better in "succeeding" this year than JP...succeeding being winning. I could care less what the stats look like as long as we win.

And no, Steve Young showed more in 85-86 with the Bucs on an even worse team then we are now. Anyone could see he was a decent QB. He actually could make plays. James Wilder and Gerald Carter were the leaders rushing and receiving respectively. Would anyone predict he had the ability to do what he did? NO. But going to SF sure helped him out.

Steve Young played in 19 games as a Buc...JP has played in 37 games as a Bill.

Michael82
11-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Have you seen how lousy the league is right now with Quarterbacks? The teams are hurting. Kyle Boller sucks! Joey Harrington is starting for the Falcons and blows chunks! Tavaris Jackson blows! He's starting. Hell, David Carr is even starting right now. Plus Vinny Testeverde was starting. Oh and also AJ Feely is starting tonight! It's ugly out there right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see JP Losman traded to a team and be starting next September.

Historian
11-25-2007, 04:08 PM
10-21.

:shakeno:

Cleve
11-25-2007, 04:08 PM
As badly as I like to see Loseman sent to the locker room forevah, I don't have much confidence in either Levy or Jauron making the right call.

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Have you seen how lousy the league is right now with Quarterbacks? The teams are hurting. Tavaris Jackson blows! He's starting. Hell, David Carr is even starting right now. Plus Vinny Testeverde was starting. Oh and also AJ Feely is starting tonight! It's ugly out there right now. I wouldn't be surprised to see JP Losman traded to a team and be starting next September.

The Vikes will draft a QB...without question.

Carr and INTerceptaverde only started because of injury to Delhomme.

Feely? Starting due to injury of McNabb.

Anywhere else?

Boller and Grossman are just as bad as Losman. Harrington? I wish JP was that bad.

Please, show me a team that would rather have JP on their roster now as starter...then show me a team that would rather take someone who is an outright bust than draft a QB or make a run at Derek Anderson in the offseason.

Cleve
11-25-2007, 04:11 PM
10-21.

That's Losman's win-loss record as a starter? That's horrible. Unfortunately, I can already hear old Marv spinning away on the Bob Mathews Radio Show - "Well you know, Bob - I had a losing record as a head coach when I came to the Bills.... blah blah blah!!! We have to give this kid enough time.... blah blah blah!!!"

That's why I think we'll be plagued with Loseman for a while longer - Marv's got a big ego - and it will be hard for him to admit that both Losman and Jauron were bad decisions.

Philagape
11-25-2007, 04:16 PM
That's Losman's win-loss record as a starter? That's horrible. Unfortunately, I can already hear old Marv spinning away on the Bob Mathews Radio Show - "Well you know, Bob - I had a losing record as a head coach when I came to the Bills.... blah blah blah!!! We have to give this kid enough time.... blah blah blah!!!"

That's why I think we'll be plagued with Loseman for a while longer - Marv's got a big ego - and it will be hard for him to admit that both Losman and Jauron were bad decisions.

Marv has no connection to JP. He inherited him.

feldspar
11-25-2007, 04:28 PM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/images/0801GUE53CIQ1_bills_1.jpg

Cleve
11-25-2007, 04:29 PM
I realize Levy's inherited Loseman - but he's made excuses for his squalid play for his nearly two years now with the Bills. You ought to listen to Levy on the Bob Mathews Show on Wham 1180 Wednesday night at 7 pm, I believe. You wouldn't think he was talking about the same Buffalo Bills team we see.

Philagape
11-25-2007, 04:50 PM
When any member of a team talks to the media, they're acting as PR agents too, so you can't trust that it's what they really think.

Mr. Cynical
11-25-2007, 04:58 PM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/images/0801GUE53CIQ1_bills_1.jpg

:roflmao:

Perfect response.

shelby
11-25-2007, 06:29 PM
i hate to say it, but i agree with log. i think Jauron will start Losman again next week.

Ebenezer
11-25-2007, 06:31 PM
I think they are going to let him play himself out of a contract...that being said they need him to play to raise his trade value.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Uh, guess what? I voted NO becasue our coach is so f**cking stupid that he will continue to play him!

TacklingDummy
11-25-2007, 08:58 PM
SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAVE BEEN DRAFTED.

THANKS TOM DONAHOE.

Mad Bomber
11-25-2007, 09:02 PM
As much as I hate to say it, JP Losman is the second coming of Todd Collins.

IMHO, he will NEVER make it as a viable NFL quarterback.

Out.

finsrclowns
11-25-2007, 09:05 PM
SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAVE BEEN DRAFTED.

THANKS TOM DONAHOE.

Way back in the day I said Donahoe would be judged based on the success of his two biggest gambles- Willis McGahee and JP Losman. I think it's fair to say now both choices were mistakes and with that fact makes the Donahoe era a failure. Add Mike Williams to that report card and you have a tebure that can't be bailed out by some later round successes.

Losman was a panic move by a guy that couldn't grasp as the Patriots do that football teams are built from the inside out. But Losman's failures are not because of a poor line, he just isn't an NFL QB.

OpIv37
11-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Is this the end for JP?

This question is actually two questions:

First, SHOULD this be the end for JP?
Second, WILL this be the end for JP?

The answer to the first question is yes. The answer to the second question is no, because Jauron and Fairchild are morons.

Mitchy moo
11-25-2007, 10:02 PM
10-21.

How you stay a starter w/ a record like that I'll never know, he's got pictures or something.

MikeInRoch
11-25-2007, 10:11 PM

I don't know what you are smoking if you think that JP could hold Warner's jock.

MikeInRoch
11-25-2007, 10:11 PM

The answer to the first question is yes. The answer to the second question is no, because Jauron and Fairchild are morons.

I agree 100%.

clumping platelets
11-25-2007, 10:15 PM
I've been willing to give JP a legitimate chance but today's game ended my support for him..........play Trent the rest of the way

ajsdx
11-25-2007, 10:21 PM
I've been willing to give JP a legitimate chance but today's game ended my support for him..........play Trent the rest of the way

I'm the same way. I was a huge JP fan before the season, and I felt bad for him when he got hurt on that dirty play. After TE stepped in there and looked half-decent, my 100% support for JP wanted to about 60%. After the Patriots game, JP was down to about 10%, just because he showed nothing. After today, he's at 0%. His chance is over. I don't know if Edwards is the answer, but JP isn't.

I would have bet money that this was going to be JP's year, too. I guess that's why I am not currently in the employ of the NE Patriots front office.

Ebenezer
11-25-2007, 10:35 PM

they are not morons...

the fans are in a lose-lose....JP is done here but the FO has to maximize any trade for him....to do that he has to play better...which means sitting here week by week hoping he plays better so he has value but not well enough to ensure we get the best draft choice possible...yet, he won't play that well which means losses and terrible play and decreased trade value

:dizzy:

Mitchy moo
11-25-2007, 10:37 PM
they are not morons...

the fans are in a lose-lose....JP is done here but the FO has to maximize any trade for him....to do that he has to play better...which means sitting here week by week hoping he plays better so he has value but not well enough to ensure we get the best draft choice possible...yet, he won't play that well which means losses and terrible play and decreased trade value

:dizzy:

:dizzy::dizzy:

clumping platelets
11-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Take a conditional pick for him, sign Steve McNair as the #2 behind Trent, and get some more weapons on offense

clumping platelets
11-25-2007, 10:38 PM
:dizzy::dizzy:

:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

njsue
11-25-2007, 11:40 PM
WTF is Josh Reed doing DUCKING as the ball flew over his head????

Stunod

njsue
11-25-2007, 11:41 PM
I see them staying with Losman until the end of the season. Then they will make a QB decision in the off season.

I say we make an effort to grab Derek Anderson of the Browns.

Mitchy moo
11-25-2007, 11:43 PM

KH 2, the revenge.

Inetpub
11-25-2007, 11:46 PM
I have stopped posting in the Losman posts simply due to my bias on the fool. I really dont like him at all as our qb. NEVER HAVE and NEVER WILL. But one thing I did notice was, DOES HE EVER HIT A WR IN STRIDE???

After watching that game again I think there were a good dozen catches by the Jaguars in stride. NOT 1 bills catch was in stride. Everytime they had to stop or jump or dive to grab the ball. Usually dive.

And that throw to Reed. WTF was that? He had all day and night and he threw it 3 yards in front of Reed to his favorite target - Turf.

When will get get rid of him and finally get me out of the red in reps?? Cause u all know the only reason why im in the red is because of loserman.

Mr. Cynical
11-25-2007, 11:59 PM
I have stopped posting in the Losman posts simply due to my bias on the fool. I really dont like him at all as our qb. NEVER HAVE and NEVER WILL. But one thing I did notice was, DOES HE EVER HIT A WR IN STRIDE???

After watching that game again I think there were a good dozen catches by the Jaguars in stride. NOT 1 bills catch was in stride. Everytime they had to stop or jump or dive to grab the ball. Usually dive.

And that throw to Reed. WTF was that? He had all day and night and he threw it 3 yards in front of Reed to his favorite target - Turf.

When will get get rid of him and finally get me out of the red in reps?? Cause u all know the only reason why im in the red is because of loserman.

As I've said before, JP = RJ. Neither of them can/could throw to a spot, hence, they both suck/sucked.

Ebenezer
11-26-2007, 12:16 AM
As I've said before, JP = RJ. Neither of them can/could throw to a spot, hence, they both suck/sucked.
remind me....didn't you want JP over DB?

Mr. Cynical
11-26-2007, 12:25 AM
remind me....didn't you want JP over DB?
Not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China, but yes. Why wouldn't I? He was an unknown back then. I have always been on record saying I wanted to give JP a chance to show what he can do. I supported him for 3+ years. It's in black and white on my past threads.

I stuck with him through Dredsoe and Holcant. His time is up. He showed he can't do it. Time to move on.

I now want to give TE the same opportunity that was given to JP. Let him play out the year, evaluate, then hopefully play next season in full. If, after that length of time he is not progressing (as JP clearly hasn't) then again, time to move on.

Ebenezer
11-26-2007, 12:28 AM
Not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China, but yes. Why wouldn't I? He was an unknown back then. I have always been on record saying I wanted to give JP a chance to show what he can do. I supported him for 3+ years. It's in black and white on my past threads.

I stuck with him through Dredsoe and Holcant. His time is up. He showed he can't do it. Time to move on.

I now want to give TE the same opportunity that was given to JP. Let him play out the year, evaluate, then hopefully play next season in full. If, after that length of time he is not progressing (as JP clearly hasn't) then again, time to move on.
I am just saying that you were so intent on having JP in there...there were those of us who always felt he couldn't cut it...

Kenny
11-26-2007, 12:33 AM

If we do that, we better make sure that TE is not the guy, because after this season, Anderson will cost $$$.

Michael82
11-26-2007, 12:58 AM
Good post. I'm with you.

EDS
11-26-2007, 08:14 AM
I think JP should be out as starter but I think the coaching staff gives him one last shot against the Skins.

Mr. Cynical
11-26-2007, 09:12 AM
I am just saying that you were so intent on having JP in there...there were those of us who always felt he couldn't cut it...

Well I'm glad you have a crystal ball. I was so intent because I *knew* Dredsoe couldn't cut it. That was easy - he had the history. So did Holcant. JP at least had the advantage of being a rook, so you can't really "know" until you see him play.

Now, I could pull out my crystal ball and say TE *is* going to be a starter in this league. I have a *feeling* about him, just by the way he has shown poise in the pocket after only 4 games. JP has never looked that comfortable or in command after 4 years.

trapezeus
11-26-2007, 09:23 AM
the reason JP won't go anywhere and won't amount to anything...in his post game on his third pick he said, "I just didn't see the linebacker."

He didn't see the coverage. he's an awesome athlete, but so is everyone else on the field. they are the best of the best. running around and not grasping the strategic part of the game is going to render you useless in the NFL.

He's a good kid, and since he's a first round pick, he'll get another shot. but he's going to be out of this league in 2 more years.

mybills
11-26-2007, 09:31 AM
wow...should probably reword the question.
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/mybills/lastgame.jpg

MikeInRoch
11-26-2007, 05:28 PM

I agree 100%.

Well, looks like we were both 50% wrong.

shelby
11-26-2007, 05:31 PM
i was wrong, and i'm glad.
Good luck to Trent this weekend.

:gobills:

Mr. Cynical
11-27-2007, 11:45 PM
:up:

TigerJ
11-28-2007, 10:42 AM
I would say probably. I think the odds are about 3-1 that he's done. The only thing that will change that is if Edwards gets hurt.

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 10:45 AM
The only thing that will change that is if Edwards gets hurt.
If that happens we don't blink. We bring in someone to compete with Trent for the starting job next year.

Gunzlingr
11-28-2007, 10:52 AM

Kurt Warner was cut by the Packers in 1994.