PDA

View Full Version : The Good News

Don't Panic
11-25-2007, 03:17 PM
5 more starts for Trent before he gets a full offseason to prep as the new starter of the Buffalo Bills. Let's make sure we get him one more weapon in the offseason to give him a better chance.

Philagape
11-25-2007, 03:26 PM
We desperately need a second starting WR and a TE who's good for more than just dumpoffs.

Kerr
11-25-2007, 03:30 PM
I nominate Bryant Johnson or DJ Hackett. Hopefully we draft Martin Rucker to help at TE.

Don't Panic
11-25-2007, 03:35 PM
A true 2nd WR from FA is a must, for Evans and Edwards sake.

Devin
11-25-2007, 03:38 PM
I nominate Bryant Johnson or DJ Hackett. Hopefully we draft Martin Rucker to help at TE.

Couldnt agree more. I am so hoping we draft Rucker.

Night Train
11-25-2007, 03:41 PM
We better find Edwards a Coach who won't ruin him. Plus a couple WR's since I see Evans wanting to leave here ASAP.

justasportsfan
11-25-2007, 03:42 PM
We desperately need a second starting WR and a TE who's good for more than just dumpoffs.
we're gonna need 2 starting wr's. I doubt Evans will be here next year. When does Parrish's contract end? We might need 3.

Michael82
11-25-2007, 03:49 PM
We better find Edwards a Coach who won't ruin him. Plus a couple WR's since I see Evans wanting to leave here ASAP.
Exactly. Everyone is so thrilled to begin the Edwards Era....but yet the team needs so much help in other areas first. Personally, I'm not sold on him. He reminds me of Chad Pennington. He won't lose you the game, but I also don't see him single handedly winning it either. I guess we'll see. The point is...we need help in so many areas before this team can even come close to competing with the Patriots....

1. A WR to replace Lee Evans, who will demand to be traded after JP Losman gets traded
2. A 2nd WR that is big and can be a possession receiver.
3. A big Tight End who isn't afraid to make catches in the middle of the field. A Jason Witten or Dallas Clark type TE.
4. A new starting C who can actually push for the 1st down on 3rd and short and block the blitz.
5. A new OL coach. I really think he is the problem with our offensive line. The system that he is using does not work for these guys. Sure, they protect the QB, but there is no holes whatsoever for the running game.
6. A new offensive coordinator. Steve Fairchild is one of the main problems with the offense. It's way too predictable and sucks ass.
7. Someone to wake Perry Fewell up and convince him to do more bump and run. Cover the WRs a lot better, especially on 3rd down. :sigh:
8. A new OLB, Keith Ellison sucks!
9. Depth on the OL. We have none. :ill:
10. Another CB because Youboty can't stay healthy and we have no depth there.

Don't Panic
11-25-2007, 03:54 PM
Too early for the Pennington comparison... I think he'll turn out to be a much better pro. Completely agree with #s 2, 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9. I think Evans will come around and Ellison won't be replaced. As for TE, I just don't see us making a switch.

ParanoidAndroid
11-25-2007, 03:54 PM
I agree that we need lots of help at WR, but I think Evans will be fine. Parrish is a utility player, not a starter and Reed is just as inconsistent as JP.
We could use a true pass rushing DE as well. Something isn't right wth Schobel. Sometimes I wonder if this mystery "illness" has anything to do with his off-season weight loss.

WR x2, TE, DE, CB, QB, DT

For once, I am not adding O-line to the list. Finally! This group is getting better every week. They were getting a nice push in the second half against a pretty good D-line. :up:

colin
11-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Exactly. Everyone is so thrilled to begin the Edwards Era....but yet the team needs so much help in other areas first. Personally, I'm not sold on him. He reminds me of Chad Pennington. He won't lose you the game, but I also don't see him single handedly winning it either. I guess we'll see. The point is...we need help in so many areas before this team can even come close to competing with the Patriots....

1. A WR to replace Lee Evans, who will demand to be traded after JP Losman gets traded
3. A big Tight End who isn't afraid to make catches in the middle of the field. A Jason Witten or Dallas Clark type TE.
4. A new starting C who can actually push for the 1st down on 3rd and short and block the blitz.
5. A new OL coach. I really think he is the problem with our offensive line. The system that he is using does not work for these guys. Sure, they protect the QB, but there is no holes whatsoever for the running game.
6. A new offensive coordinator. Steve Fairchild is one of the main problems with the offense. It's way too predictable and sucks ass.
7. Someone to wake Perry Fewell up and convince him to do more bump and run. Cover the WRs a lot better, especially on 3rd down. :sigh:
8. A new OLB, Keith Ellison sucks!
9. Depth on the OL. We have none. :ill:
10. Another CB because Youboty can't stay healthy and we have no depth there.

LOL @ this post!!

so trent hasn't convinced you (4 games in) but you kept thinking jp had something for this long? based on how many excuses you've given jp if trent plays exactly like he has you should buy every jersey he has available!!

y r u late to give up on jp but early on trent?

as for the rest, i agree about a TE, WR, and OLB (i think we might go after lance briggs). the rest is just depth and getting new guys in. a cb and DT will help, but the biggest issue is that we are 2nd and third string all over the place.

3rd string at 2 positions in secondary, a scrub OLB, and a practice squad guy in the middle.

on O we need a big WR, and a qb who can play. i think trent can be that guy soon

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 03:57 PM

Winning cures all ills. This team has a better chance to win with Trent in than JP. If we rattle off wins, Lee will be happy to stay seeing everyone's ultimate goal is to win. Usually.
I think we need a true number 1 receiver. A guy who can be open constantly. A guy who does more than streak patterns. A guy that will catch 6-7 balls a game.
Couldn't agree more here. Hence why I wanted us to draft Greg Olson.
I mocked the signing of Fowler when he was brought in and got lambasted by people. Fowler is terrible in the running game and adequate in the passing game. Always has been, always will be. He's not a starting caliber player, except for here.
5. A new offensive coordinator. Steve Fairchild is one of the main problems with the offense. It's way too predictable and sucks ass.
Bill Callahan got fired by Nebraska, I'd be all for bringing him in...NOW to be the OC. I liked how the Raiders O was under him.
6. Someone to wake Perry Fewell up and convince him to do more bump and run. Cover the WRs a lot better, especially on 3rd down. :sigh:
Disagree. Our D is bend but don't break because...we have NO pass rush. Our ends are the most overpaid, overhyped thing since Paris Hilton.
7. A new OLB, Keith Ellison sucks!
When Poz comes back, we'll be ok here.
8. Depth on the OL. We have none. :ill:
Our o-line hasn't sustained any injuries this year, among starters.
9. Another CB because Youboty can't stay healthy and we have no depth there.
Just one? Greer is legitimately a 2...McGee is a 3, at best. We need a top corner and a guy for the Dime.

All in all, the main problem of this team is pathetic QB play. If we could sustain drives, kill clock, get points...most of these glaring holes would be overlooked. Why? We'd be in ball games til the end and win more.

CLo_in_Roch
11-25-2007, 03:58 PM
I pray we find a real pass rusher. I am sick of seeing guys realease before we are in the backfield.

Is it possible yet to clone Bruce or Reggie?

justasportsfan
11-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Personally, I'm not sold on him. He reminds me of Chad Pennington.
He's like a mixture Rob Johnson and Chad at this point . Rob had a good arm but hardly used it and so far, that's what we've seen from TE. Time to see that arm.

He can read defenses well like CHad did in his prime. I'll give Trent that but he has been INT prone when going for big plays. Time to try and see if that can be fixed.

Well as far as being injury prone as Rob or Chad wait and see . I hope not. I'm tired of waiting for Jim Kelly's replacement.