PDA

View Full Version : My Game Thoughts without much JP talk

patmoran2006
11-25-2007, 03:53 PM
JP is going to dominate the conversation for the next several days, as he should. He's a terrible, terrible, stupid quarterback who very likely started his last game here. I could write a book about how disgusting he played today (have you EVER seen a worse 27 for 40 game?). HOwever, I don't want to talk about him in THIS thread, because there is A LOT more besides him that demands attention and discussion.

* This is a stupid ****ing team. A 4th and 5 too many men penalty gives the Jags a first down, and of course Taylor goes for a 50 yard TD the next play. How the **** do you have TOO MANY MEN on the field on a fourth down? How about that wonderful OFFSIDES penalty on a kickoff following our touchdown.. Ends up being a 31-yard difference in field position. You gotta love when you need to take a TIMEOUT on a 4th down punt from inside your own 15 yard. YOu gotta be kidding me, what a stupid football team.

* I didn't read too much into it because it was against the Patriots last week, but this secondary was totally EXPOSED by a bunch of second-rate WR's today. McGee looked he did in 2006 all over again, Greer was just as bad. George Wilson is REALLY getting exposed lately, and for all his "stature" as a top 8 pick, is Donte Whitner EVER going to make a big, game-changing play? I don't care what any of you say, Whitner is a decent player but don't tell me this defense wasn't better off had we drafted Ernie Simms or Haloti Ngata instead of Whitner.

* As for our "pass rush". We have one sack, ONE! in the last four games. We have 9 sacks in 11 games, the worst in the entire NFL. You have to be kidding me. We paid Schobel and Kelsay that outrageous money to be the WORST pass rushing team in the NFL? Horrible. Speaking of the DL, did Hargrove do something to get in the dog house? I barely remember him playing today. To me, he's been as disruptive as any DL I've seen for us this year.

* HOw does your "best" WR go 59 and a half minutes without a single catch? Oh, that would be on the QB, and I'm trying not to talk about him.

* A-Train played hard, and the "losman TD pass" was pretty much all effort by A-Train, but it's time for Fred Jackson to come into the game before Thomas.

* After smoking some crack for the last few weeks, I'm back to the conclusion that this team will never go anywhere.
=======================================================
OK, I just can't resist.

Losman is a terrible quarterback. I truly hope he doesnt see the field again. The problem is, he's been so horrible the last few weeks his trade value is GUARENTEED to plummet this off-season.

As I outlined on another thread, on that second back-breaking interception, Robert Royal was open in the right flat and nobody was within 17 yards of him. You know what, forget the fumble and forget the telegraphed interceptions; how many times did we see today (and replays showed) were guys WIDE open and Losman failed to ever see them, and he wasn't under pressure either. That's just the **** that a NFL calibre QB can't do.

I'm not sure JP threaded a great pass in traffic once the entire game. They were all dumpoffs or throws to wide open guys. Jesus, even that play to the sideline to Reed when nobody was within 5 yards of him, with no pressure on JP was a terrible throw that Reed was forced to drag his feet on the sideline (if they actually even got down). Losman's now 3-16 vs teams with .500+ records, and 7-5 vs teams with losing records.

If you want to win your 6-7 games per year with Losman at the helm, be my guest Dick (fitting name). But after these last three weeks, why you'd want to play this ****** another down is beyond me.

Kerr
11-25-2007, 04:00 PM
I agree with most of what you say, but nobody's secondary can really hang with any offense unless they get at least a decent pass rush. Ours was non-existent throughout the whole game. Greer made some good plays. This is why perry fool was supposed to bump the receivers on 3rd down to kill gerrard's timing. Something he neglected to do against NE. Perry Fool gave their wr's all the cushion they needed to get 1st downs.

colin
11-25-2007, 04:02 PM
yeah, we suck pretty bad.

imo the issue with the D is that we were thin there with talent to start (losing our 2 vet LBs and best overall player and CB HURT) and we are down to 2nd and 3rd string.

denny is still not healthy either. the real issue with our D is bad linebackers and horrible secondary. our D line isn't great by any means but you get the big push from the front 4 by having things locked down behind you and you need that one extra guy.

chicago, tampa, indy, they all get big pressure from the front 4 WHEN THEY COVER. when they don't they get picked apart.

the talk about losing evans is funny to me. has done anything this year? he has had big games the same time JP has had big games, a few bombs against bad Ds.

i'd like him to stay, but there are PLENTY of big wr's i trade him for in a heartbeat.

patmoran2006
11-25-2007, 04:04 PM
I agree with most of what you say, but nobody's secondary can really hang with any offense unless they get at least a decent pass rush. Ours was non-existent throughout the whole game. Greer made some good plays. This is why perry fool was supposed to bump the receivers on 3rd down to kill gerrard's timing. Something he neglected to do against NE. Perry Fool gave their wr's all the cushion they needed to get 1st downs.
True to a point. Good post.

I did mention that as well. 9 sacks in 11 games when you have one DE making $50 million and another $24 over 4 years is discraceful. Levy for whatever reason tremendously over-valued both; because unless they feast on the **** teams of the league, they do nothing in bigger games.

mchurchfie
11-25-2007, 04:14 PM
It would be nice if Fewell would start getting creative again like he did against the Cowboys. I'm getting so ****ing tired of him sending four DLmen, weakass ones at that, and dropping everyone else back just to end up giving up big chunks of yardage to convert another 3rd and long or even giving up TDs like today. Good coaches get the most out of the least and he isn't doing a thing to help what is an already bad defense.

OpIv37
11-25-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm really getting sick of Whitner. The guy is just average. Everyone wants to blame the system or the lack of a pass rush for Whitner's lack of big plays, but that's just ridiculous. Good players make big plays- Whitner has taken every snap for the D this year and has exactly 0 big plays. Great.

Mudflap1
11-25-2007, 04:18 PM
Part of the problem with the defense is that our offense keeps putting them out there on the field! Sure, there's truth to everything said about the defense, but this offense is supposed to be controlling the time of possession and mashing teams, and they're not. The inconsistent play of the line is part of the problem, as well as Losman of course.

I'll say this only about Losman. The guy is physically talented, and sometimes that's enough for him to make enough plays to win. I think it's as simple as this though -- the guy just can't read a defense, and time and time again makes bad decisions when he gets flustered. As Pat said, how many missed reads were there today? Tons. How many times (whether he completed the pass or not) did he stare down his receiver? Constantly.

It's time to bench Losman for good, I've seen enough.

Jon

xXSpIkes5IXx
11-25-2007, 04:19 PM
I have supported Losman this entire season...but i have now seen enough.

I was so sure the light was going to click for him after last year, i guess i was wrong. He just looked lost.

Lets see what Edwards can do.

sdbillsfan2
11-25-2007, 04:22 PM
We could get rid of our qb, but we'd still have the same sub par coaching ,and money hungry old fraud of an owner. The Bills didn't go to the super bowl because of what Wilson did, They went despite of what he did! I've watched this team for 45 years now! Great coaches and great owners is where it all starts.
We have neither. I've listened to everyone say "wait until next year" .I'm friggin tired of waiting.! Give me the Rooney family, of even the putz from Dallas for an owner! Give us what we as Bills fans Deserve for all the money and tears we've shed over this team! Ralph sucks, DJ sucks , and I'm so sick of everyone acting like it isn't their fault! Jim Kelly...unless your blowing smoke up everyones as* , get that money team you say you have ,and throw the money in Ralph's face! He'll sell if he smells enough money!

CLo_in_Roch
11-25-2007, 04:27 PM
I think Schoebel (or however he spells his name) has mailed it in. He's got his payday and now what's the concern? It seems like this guy hasn't done a power clean in years. No shoulder or pressing strength from his upper body. He is realying on his speed too much. Good god, the tackles you face have their hamstrings parrellel to the turf, as soon as they spring..... explode from your 3 point and unbalance them!

HHURRICANE
11-25-2007, 04:50 PM
If this team had 2 legitimate DEs and a QB we would be a lock for the first wild card spot.

This team isn't that far away. No sacks means no QB pressure which means that guys are going to be open. Unless of course you have Losman as a QB.

trapezeus
11-25-2007, 05:06 PM
I'm really getting sick of Whitner. The guy is just average. Everyone wants to blame the system or the lack of a pass rush for Whitner's lack of big plays, but that's just ridiculous. Good players make big plays- Whitner has taken every snap for the D this year and has exactly 0 big plays. Great.

But how can you complain about an average player when there are so many subpar players. i'll take average if we can get some other players in positions who are much better. Being average on the Bills defense right now is a big deal. And that's really sad, but hopefully a draft can sort that out.

Turf
11-25-2007, 05:10 PM
JP is going to dominate the conversation for the next several days, as he should. He's a terrible, terrible, stupid quarterback who very likely started his last game here. I could write a book about how disgusting he played today (have you EVER seen a worse 27 for 40 game?). HOwever, I don't want to talk about him in THIS thread, because there is A LOT more besides him that demands attention and discussion.

* This is a stupid ****ing team. A 4th and 5 too many men penalty gives the Jags a first down, and of course Taylor goes for a 50 yard TD the next play. How the **** do you have TOO MANY MEN on the field on a fourth down? How about that wonderful OFFSIDES penalty on a kickoff following our touchdown.. Ends up being a 31-yard difference in field position. You gotta love when you need to take a TIMEOUT on a 4th down punt from inside your own 15 yard. YOu gotta be kidding me, what a stupid football team.

* I didn't read too much into it because it was against the Patriots last week, but this secondary was totally EXPOSED by a bunch of second-rate WR's today. McGee looked he did in 2006 all over again, Greer was just as bad. George Wilson is REALLY getting exposed lately, and for all his "stature" as a top 8 pick, is Donte Whitner EVER going to make a big, game-changing play? I don't care what any of you say, Whitner is a decent player but don't tell me this defense wasn't better off had we drafted Ernie Simms or Haloti Ngata instead of Whitner.

* As for our "pass rush". We have one sack, ONE! in the last four games. We have 9 sacks in 11 games, the worst in the entire NFL. You have to be kidding me. We paid Schobel and Kelsay that outrageous money to be the WORST pass rushing team in the NFL? Horrible. Speaking of the DL, did Hargrove do something to get in the dog house? I barely remember him playing today. To me, he's been as disruptive as any DL I've seen for us this year.

* HOw does your "best" WR go 59 and a half minutes without a single catch? Oh, that would be on the QB, and I'm trying not to talk about him.

* A-Train played hard, and the "losman TD pass" was pretty much all effort by A-Train, but it's time for Fred Jackson to come into the game before Thomas.

* After smoking some crack for the last few weeks, I'm back to the conclusion that this team will never go anywhere.
=======================================================
OK, I just can't resist.

Losman is a terrible quarterback. I truly hope he doesnt see the field again. The problem is, he's been so horrible the last few weeks his trade value is GUARENTEED to plummet this off-season.

As I outlined on another thread, on that second back-breaking interception, Robert Royal was open in the right flat and nobody was within 17 yards of him. You know what, forget the fumble and forget the telegraphed interceptions; how many times did we see today (and replays showed) were guys WIDE open and Losman failed to ever see them, and he wasn't under pressure either. That's just the **** that a NFL calibre QB can't do.

I'm not sure JP threaded a great pass in traffic once the entire game. They were all dumpoffs or throws to wide open guys. Jesus, even that play to the sideline to Reed when nobody was within 5 yards of him, with no pressure on JP was a terrible throw that Reed was forced to drag his feet on the sideline (if they actually even got down). Losman's now 3-16 vs teams with .500+ records, and 7-5 vs teams with losing records.

If you want to win your 6-7 games per year with Losman at the helm, be my guest Dick (fitting name). But after these last three weeks, why you'd want to play this ****** another down is beyond me.

If I wasn't so disguisted I would have typed the same thing. Well said.

RoanokeVABillsFan
11-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Fred Jackson makes plays. I don't care where he was/wasn't drafted. He did it all pre-season, but now he's showing it against 1st stringers. It seemed like they moved the ball when he was in there. Every other team figures out how to get their play makers the ball. Not playing him more is another vote against the ignorance of this offensive coaching staff.

shelby
11-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Good post, Pat. i can't argue with a thing you wrote.

DraftBoy
11-25-2007, 06:17 PM
We need to get Fred "THE MAN" Jackson the ball more thats going to be the key to us turning it around. Did Dwayne Wright see one offensive play all day? I know he was the dumbass who was way offsides on the kickoff.

OpIv37
11-25-2007, 08:22 PM
But how can you complain about an average player when there are so many subpar players. i'll take average if we can get some other players in positions who are much better. Being average on the Bills defense right now is a big deal. And that's really sad, but hopefully a draft can sort that out.

it's more because of what we could have had instead of Whitner. I agree that there are other more pressing trouble spots, but it's frustrating that Whitner isn't living up to being a #8 overall pick.

Oaf
11-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Positives:
- Greer, Parrish, Jackson, and hell even old man Thomas impressed me today.

- The run D played well on run downs with McCargo and Denney playing well IMO

- The fi- wait, nope, that's it.