PDA

View Full Version : Josh Reed at the end of the game (merged)

Mudflap1
11-25-2007, 04:15 PM
What does everyone think of the Josh Reed "Alligator Arms" play at the end of the game where he let up on the 4th down play so he didn't get hit?

Jon

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Smart play by Reed...don't jump for a ball you have no prayer in getting and you don't get killed in the process when you come down with air.

Live to play another day.

Kerr
11-25-2007, 04:19 PM
No wr likes to put themselves as highlight reel material for a defense

HHURRICANE
11-25-2007, 04:25 PM
I loved it. If Jauron doesn't realize that the team has given up on JP that was the play that solidified it.

mybills
11-25-2007, 04:26 PM
He's an NFL player...which includes play MAKER.
Don't EVER DUCK you idiot!

edited for TOS violation

justasportsfan
I think the sun was to his face. Reed fights for balls and fights for yards more than anyone on this team other than Lynch.

Bmax
This play just shows why we need to start Edwards and draft a big WR.....

Limas Sweed from Texas..how's your wrist.

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=15&change_well_id=17&member_id=87

..Bowman how's your knee-Oklahoma st...

http://www.okstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=1421&SPID=143&DB_OEM_ID=200&ATCLID=138860&Q_SEASON=2007

Bmax

mybills
11-25-2007, 04:27 PM
I think the sun was to his face.
NOT EVEN AN ISSUE!

Night Train
11-25-2007, 04:29 PM
I think it's much ado about NOTHING in a game that was already lost.

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 04:29 PM
At the risk of a tos violation....
You guys are ******s.

So you'd rather him jump for a ball that Michael Jordan in his prime wouldn't have even gotten to and risk getting injured from the inevitable big hit he woulda taken coming down with nothing but air?

mybills
11-25-2007, 04:34 PM
So you'd rather him jump for a ball that Michael Jordan in his prime wouldn't have even gotten to and risk getting injured from the inevitable big hit he woulda taken coming down with nothing but air?
every other athlete in the NFL does it...what makes him so special? Is he a pretty boy?

Mahdi
11-25-2007, 04:45 PM
What does everyone think of the Josh Reed "Alligator Arms" play at the end of the game where he let up on the 4th down play so he didn't get hit?

Jon
More like Josh Reed Turtle Neck,,,,, he ducked so low I think his head disappeared into his body.

mybills
11-25-2007, 04:55 PM
More like Josh Reed Turtle Neck,,,,, he ducked so low I think his head disappeared into his body.
exactly! he looked like Steve Erkle when Laura tries to scratch her head.

trapezeus
11-25-2007, 05:08 PM
At the risk of a tos violation....
You guys are ******s.

Disagree with you on this one. the game is out of hand, the jags are fired up. there is no point to go get that. if he did that with the game on the line, then he's not a warrior. but reed has battled back from adversity and has played well. chances are the bills will get a better WR this draft, but i don't blame him on that play.

Nighthawk
11-25-2007, 05:12 PM
I think it pretty much sums up the WRs feelings about ALWAYS having to go up for balls. JP is going to get one of them seriously hurt with his inaccuracy.

mybills
11-25-2007, 05:13 PM
:chuckle: Who watched the clock?

Spiderweb
11-25-2007, 05:18 PM
I think the sun was to his face. Reed fights for balls and fights for yards more than anyone on this team other than Lynch.

I agree. From what I saw (and the multiple replays as well), it seemed as if Reed lost the ball in the sun as he started to go the the ball and then just ducked.....It was a very catchable ball however, and if he just flat out gave up on it, he should be finished as a WR for this team. No player, none, should ever get a pass for giving up on a play, close game or not.

JP went over to him on the side lines and tapped him on his pads as if to say, no fault of yours.

The sun was causing issues late in the game, on more than one play.

LtBillsFan66
11-25-2007, 05:29 PM
Looked like the sun was in his eyes. On the sidelines he looked pissed off at himself. I'm willing to give him a pass as he was one of the only players to show up today.

DynaPaul
11-25-2007, 06:40 PM
I don't blame Reed. Had he caught it he probably would have gotten a nice helmet in the back. With the game already out of hand he was better off. What would he have gained from that play anyway? We weren't scoring again.

YardRat
11-25-2007, 06:43 PM
I don't blame him a bit. If the ball was thrown where it was supposed to be the sun wouldn't even be an issue, and neither would 'alligator arms' or 'turtleneck'.

SquishDaFish
11-25-2007, 06:51 PM
To me it looked like he said the Sun was in his eyes

LtFinFan66
11-25-2007, 06:53 PM

JonAs an unbiased person, watch it again. He clearly lost it in the sun...I noticed that right away. Check it out

capitolneal
11-25-2007, 06:58 PM
Dude got alligator arms u coud see him peeking at the safety

HHURRICANE
11-25-2007, 07:13 PM
I rewatched it and it looked like a duck. I'm pretty sure that's why his teammates were talking to him on the sidelines.

It was a bad pass anyways so sun, duck, whatever you want to call it, there wasn't going to be a catch anyways.

LtFinFan66
11-25-2007, 07:14 PM
He did duck, AFTER he lost it in the sun:rolleyes:

Check the angle of the sun. It is unmistakable to those who just aren't looking for a reason to bash their team

Akhippo
11-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Reed seems like the most fearless one out there. Roscoe even being on the field is impressive though. I give him the benefit.

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 07:16 PM
I hope he didn't lose it in the sun. I hope he just realized that he had no chance to get another horribly thrown ball by Losman. I hope that was his way of saying FU to a guy who thinks his receivers are 10 feet tall almost every play, you know, when he's not throwing grounders.

mybills
11-25-2007, 07:18 PM

Check the angle of the sun. It is unmistakable to those who just aren't looking for a reason to bash their team
Wrong! He had to jump up 6" to catch it and had his eye on it the whole time, sun or not, his hands went up and his head went down. Plain and simple, it was a duck. Not a bash on my team, not an "excuse", a stupid friggin duck. He gets NO pass.

HHURRICANE
11-25-2007, 07:19 PM

Does it really matter? Okay, he ducked after he lost it in the sun.

It was still pretyy funny and the annoucers didn't use the "sun excuse". They basically thought he avoided getting killed.

Maybe you could argue with Rich Gannon about it.

LtFinFan66
11-25-2007, 07:21 PM

It was still pretyy funny and the annoucers didn't use the "sun excuse". They basically thought he avoided getting killed.

Maybe you could argue with Rich Gannon about it.It matters because they are some stupid post knocking the guy for ducking and I don't think it's fair to the guy

LtFinFan66
11-25-2007, 07:24 PM

Maybe you could argue with Rich Gannon about it.you guys are horrible fans. That is clear today knocking a guy for losing a ball in bright sunlight. I am sure the announcers didn't rewatch it because it didn't really matter. I immediately backed it up and watched it a couple times because i didn't give a **** if you won or lost but I am not for knocking a guy for no reason. You guys are crappy fans

patmoran2006
11-25-2007, 07:24 PM
Forget that play.

Anybody notice that for the second time in three weeks, Josh Reed was WIDEEEEEEEEEEEEE open cutting across the field, and LOsman threw such a horrible pass he had to drag his feet in bounds to come down with a tough catch. In fact, didn't the call get reversed vs Miami.

BTW, way to hang your WR out to dry on that wide open play.. What a f'n bum he is (Losman)

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 07:25 PM
LtF, I don't think he lost the ball in the sun personally. I think he was sending a message to Bruce Mathison Jr that he didn't want to get killed on another typical crap throw.

It looks like he was gonna go up for it, until he realized it was well over his head. He didn't wanna take a huge shot on a ball that he had no chance at, in a play that was very meaningless.

If JP throws the ball correctly, none of this is an issue as Reed easily makes the play. But, lets bash Reed for not chancing a meaningless play that could have made him find himself on the IR.

mybills
11-25-2007, 07:27 PM
LtF, I don't think he lost the ball in the sun personally. I think he was sending a message to Bruce Mathison Jr that he didn't want to get killed on another typical crap throw.

It looks like he was gonna go up for it, until he realized it was well over his head. He didn't wanna take a huge shot on a ball that he had no chance at, in a play that was very meaningless.

If JP throws the ball correctly, none of this is an issue as Reed easily makes the play. But, lets bash Reed for not chancing a meaningless play that could have made him find himself on the IR.
:roflmao: The throw was perfect..one of his few perfect throws of the day. :rofl: @ the hate!

LtFinFan66
11-25-2007, 07:28 PM
I am done arguing. It was clearly right in the afternoon sun and the way he reacted told he that. He threw his hands in front of his face....not what normally is done when you think you are gonna get laid out.

If you guys want to bash the guy....by all means, knock yourselves out. I just lost a little respect for a few posters but I doubt you guys care so all if good

BASH AWAY!!

mybills
11-25-2007, 07:32 PM
10 feet over the head of a WR who doesn't have a DB within 5 yards of him is perfect?

Whatever you say.
Please...by all means, watch it again. 10 feet over? hahahahahahaha!!!!!

HHURRICANE
11-25-2007, 07:33 PM
I am done arguing. It was clearly right in the afternoon sun and the way he reacted told he that. He threw his hands in front of his face....not what normally is done when you think you are gonna get laid out.

If you guys want to bash the guy....by all means, knock yourselves out. I just lost a little respect for a few posters but I doubt you guys care so all if good

BASH AWAY!!

Nobody is bashing Reed. He made his plays today. It's bad when nobody cares because JP was so bad.

Reed is fine on this board so chill. Did you listen to the annoucers reaction?

By the way Reed didn't look like a guy that lost the ball in the sun. He looked like a guy that pulled up and was getting consoled on the sideline.

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Please...by all means, watch it again. 10 feet over? hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Yes watch it again...and watch it clear the DBs who were behind Reed as well.

LtFinFan66
11-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Nobody is bashing Reed. He made his plays today. It's bad when nobody cares because JP was so bad.

Reed is fine on this board so chill. Did you listen to the annoucers reaction?

By the way Reed didn't look like a guy that lost the ball in the sun. He looked like a guy that pulled up and was getting consoled on the sideline.you are wrong in my opinion and there are several in this thread who are bashing him in my opinion. That is all

OpIv37
11-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Was that an uncatchable ball, or did he really duck-and-cover?

I can understand him not giving himself up if there was no way for him to make the catch- on TV, it was tough to tell if he could have gotten his hands on it or not.

If he had any shot at that ball whatsoever and he curled up and died instead, I just lost whatever lingering respect I had for the guy.

Even with Peerless, our receivers are a joke. I think Evans is good but other teams know they just have to neutralize him because we don't have any other threats.

LtFinFan66
11-25-2007, 08:46 PM
PLEASE!! NOT AGAIN!! Get everyones thoughts both ******ed, and realistic here Op

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=140398

hydro
11-25-2007, 08:46 PM
There was another thread on this subject. Some say he lost it in the sun. :idunno:

OpIv37
11-25-2007, 08:47 PM
my bad- didn't know there was already a thread for this. Thanks guys.

LtFinFan66
11-25-2007, 08:47 PM
There was another thread on this subject. Some say he lost it in the sun. :idunno:Op is so blinded by negativity he would NEVER see that

hydro
11-25-2007, 08:48 PM
my bad- didn't know there was already a thread for this. Thanks guys.

No problem, the title of the thread wouldn't lead you to believe that its about that play.

Mitchy moo
11-25-2007, 08:48 PM
There was another thread on this subject. Some say he lost it in the sun. :idunno:

He's lost my son...... :brush:

hydro
11-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Op is so blinded by negativity he would NEVER see that
Well he could be like most peope and not even think of that as a option. I still don't know for sure what happened myself. I would have to see the replay. My first inclination was that he didn't want to get annihilated.

mybills
11-25-2007, 08:57 PM
I still don't know for sure. I would have to see the replay.
GOOD IDEA!

mybills
11-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Was that an uncatchable ball, or did he really duck-and-cover?

I can understand him not giving himself up if there was no way for him to make the catch- on TV, it was tough to tell if he could have gotten his hands on it or not.

If he had any shot at that ball whatsoever and he curled up and died instead, I just lost whatever lingering respect I had for the guy.

His hands didn't block his face like the sun was in it, they covered his cowering head when he ducked. The defenders weren't THAT close where he couldn't make the catch. If that were Lee Evans, he'd have made the catch then gone down to the turf, and if the defenders nailed him after that, they'd be charged with a late hit...but because they weren't THAT close to him, even that wouldn't have been likely to have happened. That was solely on Reed to jump up 6" and make the catch (not 10') like some zoners have said. The other bad passes were solely on JP.
It's that simple.

LtFinFan66
11-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Well he could be like most peope and not even think of that as a option. I still don't know for sure what happened myself. I would have to see the replay. My first inclination was that he didn't want to get annihilated.I watched it like 4 times. I am sure it was in the sun by his reaction

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 09:06 PM
His hands didn't block his face like the sun was in it, they covered his cowering head when he ducked. The defenders weren't THAT close where he couldn't make the catch. If that were Lee Evans, he'd have made the catch then gone down to the turf, and if the defenders nailed him after that, they'd be charged with a late hit...but because they weren't THAT close to him, even that wouldn't have been likely to have happened. That was solely on Reed to jump up 6" and make the catch (not 10') like some zoners have said. The other bad passes were solely on JP.
It's that simple.

You still have yet to answer...seeing the defenders weren't that close to Reed...why didn't one of them pick it off after it flew over Reed's head?

And why did the ball sail over the DBs heads too?

Seeing you "ducked" this question in the other thread.

RockStar36
It looked to me like he ducked like a little pussy. I'm very ashamed of Josh. To think that he has made good progess and then to do something like that.

HHURRICANE
The ball was so badly overthrown that when Josh Reed looked up a bird crapped in his eye.

HHURRICANE
11-25-2007, 09:07 PM
It looked to me like he ducked like a little pussy. I'm very ashamed of Josh. To think that he has made good progess and then to do something like that.

I'd say come hit a little slack.

mybills
11-25-2007, 09:11 PM
You still have yet to answer...seeing the defenders weren't that close to Reed...why didn't one of them pick it off after it flew over Reed's head?

And why did the ball sail over the DBs heads too?

Seeing you "ducked" this question in the other thread.
hard to pick it off when you're on either side of him and not behind him.

next.

hydro
11-25-2007, 09:12 PM
His hands didn't block his face like the sun was in it, they covered his cowering head when he ducked.

Is it possible he did that because he couldn't see the ball and was worried about getting hit by it?

The defenders weren't THAT close where he couldn't make the catch. If that were Lee Evans, he'd have made the catch then gone down to the turf, and if the defenders nailed him after that, they'd be charged with a late hit...but because they weren't THAT close to him, even that wouldn't have been likely to have happened.

Someone would have had to touch him for the play to be called dead. So there wouldn't have been a late hit, only a injured player.

That was solely on Reed to jump up 6" and make the catch (not 10') like some zoners have said. The other bad passes were solely on JP.
It's that simple.

This was a bad pass no matter what you may think. JP does this all the time, and has been lucky to not get any of his WR's killed. I can honestly say that Reed would have been pulverized if he had caught that ball, and it would have been JPs fault.

LtFinFan66
11-25-2007, 09:12 PM
You guys are sad. Guess you guys are so blinded by the loss that you don't see it.

At least your team has 5 wins yet you throw the players under the bus any chance you get. Sad:sadwalk:

hydro
11-25-2007, 09:14 PM
hard to pick it off when you're on either side of him and not behind him.

next.

The defender was right behind him, thats what Reed got hit in the back after he ducked.

TacklingDummy
11-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Josh Reed should come out and say the pass was a duck.

Mitchy moo
11-25-2007, 09:15 PM

He's ducked the whole season.

mybills
11-25-2007, 09:15 PM
if that shuts them up, I'm all for it.

LtFinFan66
11-25-2007, 09:17 PM
I think you guys had enough other issues to worry about before the game was out of hand. Not sure why you zeroed in on this. The game was over.

couple of examples:

12 men on the punt after having stopped Jax thus giving them a 1st(why not crucify the punt returner for not counting his guys)

All the 3rd and longs you gave up

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 09:19 PM
I think you guys had enough other issues to worry about before the game was out of hand. Not sure why you zeroed in on this. The game was over.

couple of examples:

12 men on the punt after having stopped Jax thus giving them a 1st(why not crucify the punt returner for not counting his guys)

It's more fun for the people who hang on Losman's junk to zero on a play like this and spin it to Reed making the mistake instead of their golden boy. Or so it seems.

Mitchy moo
11-25-2007, 09:20 PM

couple of examples:

It was a horrible penalty and literally costs us a TD on the next play from scrimmage. It was a fair catch situation as well, that's what really burns me up.

LtFinFan66
11-25-2007, 09:20 PM
My thoughts exactly Skoob. It was big at the time

mybills
11-25-2007, 09:24 PM
It's more fun for the people who hang on Losman's junk to zero on a play like this and spin it to Reed making the mistake instead of their golden boy. Or so it seems.
yeah, and even when we fault other members of the team it's not their fault..it's only the QB's fault. :dizzy:

RockStar36
11-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Josh Reed should come out and complain about getting negative rep.

LtFinFan66
11-25-2007, 09:32 PM
:rofl:

cocamide
11-25-2007, 09:58 PM

BASH AWAY!!

Wow, the resident fin fan is the only one with any sense. My initial reaction to the play was that he lost it in the sun. You could see the shadows on the field, which indicate that the sun was directly in line from where Reed would be looking at Losman. It's embarrassing when it happens, but what the hell can you do? It's the sun for Christ's sake!

LtFinFan66
11-25-2007, 11:31 PM
:goodpost:

:cheers:

Mr. Cynical
11-25-2007, 11:33 PM
This is my take as well. Of all our wrs, reed would be the last to duck IMO. Not to mention the fact that when a wr short arms a catch, he doesn't "duck and put his hands on his head/face" so that it looks like he intentionally didn't try. If he was purposely ducking, he would have at least made it look "close".

Inetpub
11-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Why dont you ask why the ball was thrown 5 feet higher and not in stride with Reed??? Reed did nothing wrong there. Atleast put him in a position to make the play and not get murdered.

madness
11-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Josh Reed wasn’t too thrilled with CBS commentator Rich Gannon, who incorrectly assumed during the game Sunday that the receiver was worried about getting hit by strong safety Sam Knight while shying from a pass in the fourth quarter.
Reed made it clear that wasn’t the case. The sun was directly in his eyes, and he never saw the pass from J.P. Losman. He curled up as a reaction to not seeing the ball, not because he was in Knight’s path.
“Didn’t he play football before?” Reed said of Gannon. “I never saw the ball, never spotted it. It was right in the sun, and I was lucky it didn’t hit me in the helmet. Sam Knight said he didn’t see it, either. It looked really bad, but the guys on the sideline knew. It wasn’t like I saw it and lost it in the sun. I never saw the pass at all.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/216669.html

LtFinFan66
11-28-2007, 09:22 AM
HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU MADNESS!!!! EAT THAT mybills!!!!

OpIv37
11-28-2007, 09:25 AM

oh come on. Don't be ridiculous. You're around here enough to know it's a "bend but don't break" D. If we don't give up 3rd and longs, we're not bending- we have to stay within in the Cover 2.

LtFinFan66
11-28-2007, 09:26 AM
:rofl:

Spiderweb
11-28-2007, 03:25 PM
I watched it like 4 times. I am sure it was in the sun by his reaction

It was the sun and obviously so. Yet, around here, there are those who's minds are made up and heaven forbid the facts show otherwise.

It's as if to say, "Hey, I've got an ax to grind, reality be damned."

madness
11-28-2007, 03:36 PM
HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU MADNESS!!!! EAT THAT mybills!!!!

No prob. I heard McGee couldn't cover Josh Reed's jockstrap. :couch: