PDA

View Full Version : Supposedly Jauron is not making a QB change.

HHURRICANE
11-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Just read that during his PC he wasn't anticipating a QB change!!!!

Are you kidding me?!

Can anyone confirm?

mybills
11-25-2007, 04:38 PM
Good!

:lolpoint: JP HATERS...He's trying to teach you that there's a lot more wrong with this team than the QB spot. When you finally realize that, the rest of us will be at peace.

Michael82

Are you kidding me?!

Can anyone confirm?
:roflmao:

I wonder if that is because Marv is telling him to wait until the Bills are mathematically out of the playoffs first. Afterall, isn't Marv the one who is big on developing your rookie QBs slowly? I think he was the one who talked about not throwing them into the fire right away.

Scumbag College
I listened to it, the media pressed him on it and he was really not committing either way on the issue. Just one of those "we'll have to watch the tape" generic responses is what it sounded like to me.

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Sweet, no QB change means no change in the final results next week! Chalk up another L.

if this is indeed true, I won't be watching.

Michael82
I listened to it, the media pressed him on it and he was really not committing either way on the issue. Just one of those "we'll have to watch the tape" generic responses is what it sounded like to me.
well then, on Tuesday, he will probably send a press release that says Trent Edwards will be starting the game due to JP struggling the last few weeks.

mybills
:rofl: How much does it really matter at this point!!!! :chuckle:

mybills
11-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Sweet, no QB change means no change in the final results next week! Chalk up another L.

if this is indeed true, I won't be watching.
:lolpoint:

:coocoo:

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 04:41 PM
:rofl: How much does it really matter at this point!!!! :chuckle:

Apparently some of us care if we still win some games. And others, won't name names but this point says a thousand words, don't.

Historian
11-25-2007, 04:42 PM
It matters a lot to Edward's development.

Just as benching Losman in favor of Holcomb mattered to JP's development.

:idunno:

HHURRICANE
11-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Good!

:lolpoint: JP HATERS...He's trying to teach you that there's a lot more wrong with this team than the QB spot. When you finally realize that, the rest of us will be at peace.

Do you like losing because that's what JP is good at? This game was winnable and JP blew it, as I predicted.

HHURRICANE
11-25-2007, 04:44 PM
Good!

If wanting to win makes me a hater, than I'm officially a JP-hater.

Mad Bomber
11-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Good!

I'm not a JP hater. I'm a Bills lover.

This guy is NOT the answer, nor the future, for this team.

He simply does NOT have the things it takes to become a successful NFL QB.

I do NOT hate him.

He simply does not have the mental accuity to make it as an NFL QB. He is very gifted athletically, but he is simply not smart enough....in other words, he just doesn't GET IT.

Nighthawk
11-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Good!

I'm sorry, but a post like this just shows that you do not know anything about football.

Nighthawk
11-25-2007, 04:49 PM

Are you kidding me?!

Can anyone confirm?

Do you still think Dickey is a good HC? This guy is just as bad a HC as JP is as a QB.

Mr. Cynical
11-25-2007, 04:51 PM
He simply does not have the mental accuity to make it as an NFL QB. He is very gifted athletically, but he is simply not smart enough....in other words, he just doesn't GET IT.

JP = RJ.

End of story.

HHURRICANE
11-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Do you still think Dickey is a good HC? This guy is just as bad a HC as JP is as a QB.

If JP plays next week than Jauron will have to be held accountable.

Philagape
11-25-2007, 04:54 PM
As a Bills fan, I hate anything that's a threat to them.

Therefore, I hate J.P. Losman's play. I hate his passes. I hate his decisions. He's part of the problem, and there's potential improvement behind him.

Devin
11-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Good!

This is the dumbest most ignorant, stupidest, ******ed, most ridiculously gay-like, most douchebag-like post ive seen in at least 2-3 days.

Mad Bomber
11-25-2007, 05:01 PM
As a Bills fan, I hate anything that's a threat to them.

Therefore, I hate J.P. Losman's play. I hate his passes. I hate his decisions. He's part of the problem, and there's potential improvement behind him. Agreed, Phil.

I do NOT hate JP....I just hate the way he plays.

He is NOT a smart QB. He does NOT see the field. He simply does not have the mental abilities that a good NFL QB needs (i.e. the ability to think quickly and adjust to the game situation...). He doesn't have IT....

Philagape
11-25-2007, 05:04 PM
This is the dumbest most ignorant, stupidest, ******ed, most ridiculously gay-like, most douchebag-like post ive seen in at least 2-3 days.

That's saying a lot!

mybills
11-25-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm sorry, but a post like this just shows that you do not know anything about football.
Step back from the hate for one ***** second, (not just you, NH) and you will actually admit that JP wasn't the only one playing. That's the only point I make, over and over and over again. Plenty of blame to go around, without calling for Trent (an equal dud by all standards)..even though I believe in giving him 4 years like any rookie.
Blaming this or any game solely on JP is ******ed, and I will never put it all on ANY QB's shoulders. When Trent has these games in the future, as many rookies AND veterans do, I will NOT put it all on HIS shoulders, either.

So **** all of you who say I don't understand! :loser:

Dr. Lecter
11-25-2007, 05:06 PM
I listened to the PC and got the idea that there will be a change

Turf
11-25-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm not a JP hater. I'm a Bills lover.

This guy is NOT the answer, nor the future, for this team.

He simply does NOT have the things it takes to become a successful NFL QB.

I do NOT hate him.

I think that sums it up fairly well. Except I'll detract from his physical ability a bit, because his accuracy is also questionable.

Mr. Cynical
11-25-2007, 05:07 PM
He is NOT a smart QB. He does NOT see the field. He simply does not have the mental abilities that a good NFL QB needs (i.e. the ability to think quickly and adjust to the game situation...). He

Nighthawk
11-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Step back from the hate for one ***** second, (not just you, NH) and you will actually admit that JP wasn't the only one playing. That's the only point I make, over and over and over again. Plenty of blame to go around, without calling for Trent (an equal dud by all standards)..even though I believe in giving him 4 years like any rookie.
Blaming this or any game solely on JP is ******ed, and I will never put it all on ANY QB's shoulders. When Trent has these games in the future, as many rookies AND veterans do, I will NOT put it all on HIS shoulders, either.

So **** all of you who say I don't understand! :loser:

So, with your logic, I'd like to ask you a question. Do you think the Pats would be as good without Brady? How about the Cowboys without Romo? How about the Packers without Favre? The QB position makes other players on the team look better, it's not a hard concept.

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Anyone who doesn't see that JP was the main reason we lost a very close and winnable game, until the last 3 minutes, is either a. stupid b. can't cut the cord with losman or c. not very knowledged in football.

the 3rd and 1 fumble was on the Jags side of the field, took potential points off the board. The second INT was around the Jags 20. Both critical and huge mistakes by an idiot of a football player behind center.

Better ball security on both of those plays and the final score is MUCH different. And probably equates to a Bills victory. Period.

And this doesn't even bring up the 10+ throws that were either high or short.

JP Losman is the main reason we lost this game. Period.

Historian
11-25-2007, 05:13 PM
I like Jauron, but he's the most emotionless coach I've ever seen on a football field.

Nighthawk
11-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Anyone who doesn't see that JP was the main reason we lost a very close and winnable game, until the last 3 minutes, is either a. stupid b. can't cut the cord with losman or c. not very knowledged in football.

the 3rd and 1 fumble was on the Jags side of the field, took potential points off the board. The second INT was around the Jags 20. Both critical and huge mistakes by an idiot of a football player behind center.

Better ball security on both of those plays and the final score is MUCH different. And probably equates to a Bills victory. Period.

And this doesn't even bring up the 10+ throws that were either high or short.

JP Losman is the main reason we lost this game. Period.

Exactly!:bf1:

Nighthawk
11-25-2007, 05:14 PM
I like Jauron, but he's the most emotionless coach I've ever seen on a football field.

And so is his team...he needs to go.

mybills
11-25-2007, 05:15 PM
True!

im4bflo
11-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Since we're away at another semi-tough teams house, next week,
they'll probably keep JP in there, and then stick the rookie in when
we get the real-tough Fish at home, so he can be a hero again.
Whatever, it's another 'wait til next year' year again. So... :idunno:
GO BILLS next year!

acehole
11-25-2007, 05:18 PM

Are you kidding me?!

Can anyone confirm?

I will tell you why. If Trent Edwards goes in and "IF" he doesnt fair well or any better or worse then JP it exposes them (The rest of this mediocre team) and the coaching staff. This is not a JP TE debate I am just saying. If he goes in and the team still doent preform. Who will be left to blame?

This is just an idea....of why they would do it.

Are we officially out of the playoffs? Skoob anyone?

Cleve
11-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Whatever, it's another 'wait til next year' year again. So... :idunno:
GO BILLS next year!
I concur - I just wasn't as optimistic as some - I was saying this during the summer. I figured this season, like the one before it, was a wash.

And I'm already pessimistic about next season - not if Jauron, Levy, and Wilson stay at the helm.

John Doe
11-25-2007, 05:22 PM
I think that it would be asking a lot of any coach to announce a QB change at the presser right after the game.

I have never heard of any pro coach doing such a thing.

Jauron may well make the change, but not at that place and time.

mybills
11-25-2007, 05:23 PM
I love the bills, but their fans are too emotional.

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 05:24 PM
I think that it would be asking a lot of any coach to announce a QB change at the presser right after the game.

I have never heard of any pro coach doing such a thing.

Jauron may well make the change, but not at that place and time.

You haven't? It happened this year.

Charlie Frye in Cleveland.

He even got traded the next day after the Browns arguably looked like the worst team in the league. And now they're 7-4 and a game up in the race for the last wild card spot.

Nighthawk
11-25-2007, 05:24 PM

Nope, their fans are smart...that's why we don't buy everything "one bills drive" tries to sell to us.

mybills
11-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Nope, their fans are smart...that's why we don't buy everything "one bills drive" tries to sell to us.
Well, I know I don't listen to 1 Bills drive. That's for sure.

im4bflo
11-25-2007, 05:30 PM

Just part of being the BEST! :xtreme: :shout: GO BILLS!!!!

HHURRICANE
11-25-2007, 05:38 PM
I listened to the PC and got the idea that there will be a change

Somebody was quoting WGR where they said Jauron said "he wasn't anticipating a change."

What did you hear???

John Doe
11-25-2007, 05:56 PM
You haven't? It happened this year.

Charlie Frye in Cleveland.

He even got traded the next day after the Browns arguably looked like the worst team in the league. And now they're 7-4 and a game up in the race for the last wild card spot.

Well...I stand corrected.

I still don't think that it is Jauron's style to do that type of thing.

DraftBoy
11-25-2007, 05:59 PM
JP = RJ.

End of story.

But what have we seen to suggest its not;

JP = RJ = TE

SquishDaFish
11-25-2007, 05:59 PM

Philagape
11-25-2007, 06:03 PM
But what have we seen to suggest its not;

JP = RJ = TE

NOBODY can say that after four games. Calling Trent a bust is absurd.

DraftBoy
11-25-2007, 06:08 PM
NOBODY can say that after four games. Calling Trent a bust is absurd.

I dont see bust anywhere in my post, Im just saying we have seen nothing to suggest he will play better. All he has is a winning record, if thats enough for you to go on then by all means run with it. But his play has been no indication of guaranteed success. I said before he should be starting, but as a long term answer? No way. Also the argument about basing it off 4 games is absurd, some of have seen him play for over 3 seasons now.

kinigirly
11-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Somebody was quoting WGR where they said Jauron said "he wasn't anticipating a change."

What did you hear???

i heard the same thing on post game on edge 103. a reporter asked if there will be a qb change next week. dick said he didn't anticipate one, the reporter said something quick, i didn't catch it. dick responded and mumbled something like, that may be what you're anticipating, but i'm not, that's certainly not what i said(referring to he would make a change) it was all very strange and confusing and quick :idunno:

YardRat
11-25-2007, 06:13 PM
it was all very strange and confusing and quick :idunno:

Kind of like most of Buffalo's offensive possessions this year.

im4bflo
11-25-2007, 06:13 PM
After all that, he did give the usual answer of we'll make changes after viewing the film on Wed.

DraftBoy
11-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Why do we wait till Wednesday to review film? His ass should be in the damn film room now!

im4bflo
11-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Why do we wait till Wednesday to review film? His ass should be in the damn film room now!

The changes are made Wed., the film will be looked at earlier.

HHURRICANE
11-25-2007, 06:17 PM
i heard the same thing on post game on edge 103. a reporter asked if there will be a qb change next week. dick said he didn't anticipate one, the reporter said something quick, i didn't catch it. dick responded and mumbled something like, that may be what you're anticipating, but i'm not, that's certainly not what i said(referring to he would make a change) it was all very strange and confusing and quick :idunno:

Thank you. It took 3 pages to get this answer.

Sadly, if Jauron doesn't make the change I'm done watching. The only reason I watched this game was it was on regular TV. I've seen enough of Losman. Enough.

DraftBoy
11-25-2007, 06:18 PM
The changes are made Wed., the film will be looked at earlier.

Gotcha just interpreted what you said

YardRat
11-25-2007, 06:20 PM
it was all very strange and confusing and quick :idunno:<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Or Draftboy's last date.

Philagape
11-25-2007, 06:20 PM
I dont see bust anywhere in my post, Im just saying we have seen nothing to suggest he will play better. All he has is a winning record, if thats enough for you to go on then by all means run with it. But his play has been no indication of guaranteed success. I said before he should be starting, but as a long term answer? No way. Also the argument about basing it off 4 games is absurd, some of have seen him play for over 3 seasons now.

JP = RJ = busts.

And others in the business who've seen him at Stanford aren't so down on him.

YardRat
11-25-2007, 06:23 PM
it was all very strange and confusing and quick :idunno:

Or Draftboy's last date.

Or Lecter's last thought.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

DraftBoy
11-25-2007, 06:28 PM
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Or Draftboy's last date.

I had a date Friday night, thank you very much!!

YardRat
11-25-2007, 06:31 PM
I had a date Friday night, thank you very much!!

:beers:

Too bad Lecter can't say the same thing about his last thought.

DraftBoy
11-25-2007, 06:46 PM
JP = RJ = busts.

And others in the business who've seen him at Stanford aren't so down on him.

Yes they are busts but my posts says what have we seen to show us he's not in the same mold. I dont call Trent a bust ever. Yes some are high on him (most notably Bill Walsh) and some are down on him, whats your point? I never said my opinion was universally held, but does that mean I cant point it out?

DraftBoy
11-25-2007, 06:47 PM
:beers:

Too bad Lecter can't say the same thing about his last thought.

Either could the girl I went out with

mybills
11-25-2007, 07:00 PM
:rofl: YardRat & DraftBoy!

Philagape
11-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Yes they are busts but my posts says what have we seen to show us he's not in the same mold. I dont call Trent a bust ever.

Just wondering what about him doesn't give him the benefit of the doubt. At this stage in his career, he doesn't have to prove that he's not a bust. That goes for every QB playing his first NFL games. He's shown some intangibles and has enough scouting praise, and was drafted high enough, to give him a chance.
As for the word bust, that's just my alternative for starter. I don't think a first-day pick is intended to be a career backup.

mybills
11-25-2007, 07:14 PM
JP played just like Trent has played...dink & dunk. We need a NEW QB, not JP, not Trent. A NEW one. Anyone but them. I'll give Trent a lot more time because he's a rook and if the coaches really see something in him (I'm not at the practice sessions) but if you people aren't happy with today's game, you won't be happy with Trent at the helm. If he doesn't improve at all, it's gonna look about the same way. :sadwalk:

patmoran2006
11-25-2007, 07:21 PM
I listened to it, and like a few said.. Jauron was pressed for an answer and one reporter basically said there would be change and Jauron said "I didn't say that".

Officially supposedly it'll be announced on Wed, but I think come Tuesday you'll find out that Edwards is the new starter.

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 07:22 PM
JP played just like Trent has played...dink & dunk. We need a NEW QB, not JP, not Trent. A NEW one. Anyone but them. I'll give Trent a lot more time because he's a rook and if the coaches really see something in him (I'm not at the practice sessions) but if you people aren't happy with today's game, you won't be happy with Trent at the helm. If he doesn't improve at all, it's gonna look about the same way. :sadwalk:

Except with Trent that game doesn't end 36-14.

Trent doesn't throw every ball either 10 feet short or 10 feet over his receivers head.

Not saying we win with Trent, but we also don't get smacked in the final 3 minutes of the game.

Our defensive style is set that we give up yardage, then toughen up or force a turnover...apparently not everyone sees this. The D doesn't suck, the scheme doesn't suck, it's doing exactly what it's supposed to. Bend but don't break, the one bad play they had as a unit was the TD pass late.

A TD pass that doesn't happen if JP doesn't telegraph an INT to a guy making his first ever NFL start.

Plenty of you people keep bringing up we won't win Trent either. Trent is 3-1 as a starter in this league. What's JP now? 10-21? Yeah, we don't have a chance with Trent. You're right. /end sarcasm

Put the guy on the field that puts us in a better chance to win. Is Trent the longterm answer? No one knows, but there's only one way to find out. By playing him and not watching Bruce Mathison JR blow chunks week after week costing us more and more games.

DraftBoy
11-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Just wondering what about him doesn't give him the benefit of the doubt. At this stage in his career, he doesn't have to prove that he's not a bust. That goes for every QB playing his first NFL games. He's shown some intangibles and has enough scouting praise, and was drafted high enough, to give him a chance. As for the word bust, that's just my alternative for starter. I don't think a first-day pick is intended to be a career backup.

9. Trent Edwards-Stanford 6'3, 215lbs, 4.90-40
Strengths;

* -Smart
* -Under Pressure
* -Reading Defenses
* -Accurate
* -Three step drops
* -Can buy time

Weaknesses;

* -Footwork
* -Does not stride into his throws
* -Arm throws
* -Forces Passes

Bottom Line; Edwards is a good NFL backup prospect. He has average arm strength but is very accurate. He can pick a defense apart if given time, but he also cant go down the field and beat people deep. He needs to work on his footwork in the pocket, and also learn to calm down and not try and fit the ball into tight spaces. Projection: Round 6

I think history will likely show that most Day 1 QB's taken end up as career backups rather then career starters also, btw.

Mad Bomber
11-25-2007, 07:29 PM

Trent doesn't throw every ball either 10 feet short or 10 feet over his receivers head.
I think that says it all for me....

This guy just plains SUCKS.

This is coming from a 40+ year Bills fan....

I've seen the best, and I've seen the worst, that the Bills have put on the field. I have been silent about this so far, but I think that JP Lossman is one of the WORST decisions that the Buffalo Bills have EVER made.

Owen DeBoard
11-25-2007, 07:36 PM

Not saying we win with Trent, but we also don't get smacked in the final 3 minutes of the game.

Our defensive style is set that we give up yardage, then toughen up or force a turnover...apparently not everyone sees this. The D doesn't suck, the scheme doesn't suck, it's doing exactly what it's supposed to. Bend but don't break, the one bad play they had as a unit was the TD pass late.

A TD pass that doesn't happen if JP doesn't telegraph an INT to a guy making his first ever NFL start.

Plenty of you people keep bringing up we won't win Trent either. Trent is 3-1 as a starter in this league. What's JP now? 10-21? Yeah, we don't have a chance with Trent. You're right. /end sarcasm

Put the guy on the field that puts us in a better chance to win. Is Trent the longterm answer? No one knows, but there's only one way to find out. By playing him and not watching Bruce Mathison JR blow chunks week after week costing us more and more games.
Im sorry but our d does suck and so does the scheme. How can you tell me this d doesnt suck when they cant stop anyone on 3rd and long and when was the last time they forced a turnover? When was the last time they forced a 3 and out?

mybills
11-25-2007, 07:41 PM
JP is not "my boy"...cripe! :shakeno:
I'm just NOT gonna pin imaginary stuff on him, like Reed's DUCK. :coocoo:

Im sorry but our d does suck and so does the scheme. How can you tell me this d doesnt suck when they cant stop anyone on 3rd and long and when was the last time they forced a turnover? When was the last time they forced a 3 and out?
They forced 3 & outs several times today. :huh:

Dr. Lecter
11-25-2007, 07:43 PM

What did you hear???

He was critical of the picks and his play, much more so than the last couple of weeks.

And I never heard him say that, but maybe I missed it.

Dr. Lecter
11-25-2007, 07:44 PM

Several?

You sure of that?

Dr. Lecter
11-25-2007, 07:47 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?game_id=29362&displayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2007&week=REG12

The Bills defense forced one 3 and out today.

I guess in mybills world several = 1.

Mr. Pink

They're set up to give up yardage and not TDs....This game was 22-14 with 3 minutes left...How did the Jags do in the redzone? Oh yeah, they sucked.

A bend but don't break D requires someone to step up as a playmaker to cause turnovers, we lack that, so I'll give you that as a problem on D. But with giving up fieldgoals, a decent offense can capitalize and put TDs on the board.

What happened to this "explosive offense" we heard so much about? It doesn't exist.

This D has actually played a lot better than what was aniticipated before the season even with the injuries. Unfortunately the offense has played light years behind what an average NFL offense can do.

patmoran2006

LOL. the Ball was 8 yards over his head, and he was wide open by the way. Should he have jumped? Probably, yeah.

Should he have HAD to jump for a ball that poorly thrown? Absolutely not.

Dr. Lecter
BTW, YardRat and DraftBoy can bite me.

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 07:49 PM
To add to that, when your offense doesn't go 3 and out itself more times than not, you hold on to the ball and TOP. Meaning the other teams offense doesn't get as many chances at scoring points.

Our defense is set up only to be as good as the offense basically...and even still they're playing much better than our O.

im4bflo
11-25-2007, 07:53 PM
I think that says it all for me....

This guy just plains SUCKS.

This is coming from a 40+ year Bills fan....

I've seen the best, and I've seen the worst, that the Bills have put on the field. I have been silent about this so far, but I think that JP Lossman is one of the WORST decisions that the Buffalo Bills have EVER made.

For what we gave up for him, yes.

Owen DeBoard
11-25-2007, 07:53 PM
They're set up to give up yardage and not TDs....This game was 22-14 with 3 minutes left...How did the Jags do in the redzone? Oh yeah, they sucked.

A bend but don't break D requires someone to step up as a playmaker to cause turnovers, we lack that, so I'll give you that as a problem on D. But with giving up fieldgoals, a decent offense can capitalize and put TDs on the board.

What happened to this "explosive offense" we heard so much about? It doesn't exist.

This D has actually played a lot better than what was aniticipated before the season even with the injuries. Unfortunately the offense has played light years behind what an average NFL offense can do.
Hey I totally agree with you about the offense but im not going to with the defense. So if we dont have them playmakers then why are we a cover 2 d? I thought we had a great D when we played 4-3. There is no reason for all those conversions on third and long.

Owen DeBoard
11-25-2007, 07:54 PM

How many times did the Jags have the ball because it seamed like they scored every time when they had it just like the Pats did.

John Doe
11-25-2007, 07:55 PM

I am unhappy because we lost. Part of the reason that we lost was because of poor QB play including the quality of the decisions and throws that were made.

I really don't care if we "dink and dunk" - as long as the decisions and throws were correct and accurate.

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Hey I totally agree with you about the offense but im not going to with the defense. So if we dont have them playmakers then why are we a cover 2 d? I thought we had a great D when we played 4-3. There is no reason for all those conversions on third and long.

Injuries have a lot to do with it. And no pass rush.

We're in a cover 2 so we don't get beat deep and keep all the plays in front of us. To compensate for some of the lack of talent at key positions.

it's the hope that the opposing O makes a mistake along the way to an extent. It's harder to sustain a 10 play drive for a score then to just burn our pathetic corners for a long TD. So there's always safety help deep to make sure that doesn't happen. Unfortunately that leaves the middle of the field 10-15 yards consistently open.

Then in the redzone the field shrinks, so the D can take some chances because on a shorter field, there's less things an offense can do. And they're easier to stop.

Mad Bomber
11-25-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm a little pissed that we spent SO much on DEs who don't do anything to influence a game. We need these guys to pressure a QB in order to make a cover 2 work. The Bills are the WORST at sacking QBs this year. Big bucks....no return....

...'nuff said.

Owen DeBoard
11-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Injuries have a lot to do with it. And no pass rush.

We're in a cover 2 so we don't get beat deep and keep all the plays in front of us. To compensate for some of the lack of talent at key positions.

it's the hope that the opposing O makes a mistake along the way to an extent. It's harder to sustain a 10 play drive for a score then to just burn our pathetic corners for a long TD. So there's always safety help deep to make sure that doesn't happen. Unfortunately that leaves the middle of the field 10-15 yards consistently open.

Then in the redzone the field shrinks, so the D can take some chances because on a shorter field, there's less things an offense can do. And they're easier to stop.
Yeah I realize this but teams are still moving the ball at will on us and yeah I realize this "not giving up the big play" defense is a bunch of bull***** because we are giving up big plays on the ground. This cover 2 is with built with speed and undersized lineman and linebackers just isnt getting it done. What about the fourty some yard touchdown to Randy Moss last week? Is that not a considered a big play.

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Yeah I realize this but teams are still moving the ball at will on us and yeah I realize this "not giving up the big play" defense is a bunch of bull***** because we are giving up big plays on the ground. This cover 2 is with built with speed and undersized lineman and linebackers just isnt getting it done. What about the fourty some yard touchdown to Randy Moss last week? Is that not a considered a big play.

Very True...that has to do with the injuries though.

George Wilson should NOT be playing safety for anyone, let alone being our starting Safety. He was exposed on that play and was nowhere near where he was supposed to be.

In Cover 2, NO ONE is supposed to get behind you. Wilson was just lost on that play.

Our run D actually played pretty well this week, someone illustrated that in another thread. 11 or so of the Jags runs were stopped for no gain or negative yards.

mybills
11-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Several?

You sure of that?
Positive...if you don't count the penalties. But let's be pc about it so we don't have to give them any more credit. :;