PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards will surprise alot of people here.

HHURRICANE
11-25-2007, 06:02 PM
I think Trent will surprise alot of people here. The guy looked great in pre-season, he played with poise in the regular season games he played, and I think he is one of those guys that will get better with playing time.

He'll make some mistakes but I think he's ready for the challenge.

My prediction is that he'll look good finishing out our season and should get people pumped about next year.

DraftBoy
11-25-2007, 06:03 PM
I agree he'll surprise but just the same as JP surprised alot too, unfortunately

SquishDaFish
11-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Ill be suprised when he throws something over 40 yards LMAO

shelby
11-25-2007, 06:06 PM
My biggest fear is that Jauron will let Losman start again next week.
If that happens, expect the Zone to implode from the outpouring of sheer outrage by the fans.
:scared:

Philagape
11-25-2007, 06:07 PM
What's encouraging about Trent is his intelligence. He learns quickly and has a good command of the field for a rookie. That gives reason to believe the numbers will improve with more experience and more weapons.
Now some will point to his picks, but they're confusing intelligence with experience. If he's still doing it at that rate in his third year (ahem), then we'll know he hasn't got it.

Philagape
11-25-2007, 06:09 PM
Ill be suprised when he throws something over 40 yards LMAO

Like against the Ravens?

This is what I was talking about the other day as far as loyalty to one QB tainting their view of the other and coming up with ridiculous statements like this one.

HHURRICANE
11-25-2007, 06:14 PM
I think Trent would have seen the linebacker covering Reed today. That's intelligence and not physical tools. Gannon ripped JP for that pick.

DraftBoy
11-25-2007, 06:15 PM
I think Trent would have seen the linebacker covering Reed today. That's intelligence and not physical tools. Gannon ripped JP for that pick.

I think 95% of the starting NFL QB's would of seen the LB there.

kinigirly
11-25-2007, 06:17 PM
i think he'll end up to be a mediocre qb just like jp, and just like 90% of the other qbs in the league. there just aren't high caliber qbs in the league anymore except for the obvious few. its sad.

Philagape
11-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Right now JP isn't even mediocre.

LtFinFan66
11-25-2007, 06:20 PM
How can he surprise people now since he has already played:idunno:

Ebenezer
11-25-2007, 06:21 PM
If the kid can go out and complete 60% of his passes and help this team get to just 9-7 next year I will be happy.

HHURRICANE
11-25-2007, 06:21 PM
i think he'll end up to be a mediocre qb just like jp, and just like 90% of the other qbs in the league. there just aren't high caliber qbs in the league anymore except for the obvious few. its sad.

Rather than guessing wouldn't you like to find out? would have liked at least the last 6 games. Now we are down to five. If Tent isn't the answer I'd like to at least see us draft the answer.

Instead,we are going to let JP stink up the joint and we can spend all next year guessing if Trent is the guy or not. Just ridculous.

HHURRICANE
11-25-2007, 06:26 PM
How can he surprise people now since he has already played:idunno:

Are you ready to cut Beck? Trent has a few more starts. I would assume that Trent gets the same number of games to prove his worthiness as you are willing to give Beck?

Beck's had 9 weeks for his first start and completed 39% of his passes. Trent had 3 weeks for his first start and completed 79% of his.

I think that Edwards will surprise people by finishing out strong as a rookie!

kinigirly
11-25-2007, 06:28 PM
honestly, be my guest. i'd like to see what trent's progression is. i'm to the point i'm really disillusioned in the overall perspective of this team. no matter how good or bad a qb is for us, the team as a whole always regresses back to ******ed tendencies every single season. i expect us to not have "the one" for a long time in terms of qb. trent can probably do better at winning us games than jp now, but it doesn't mean we're going to win. i dunno, my passion has definitely dwindled for this season. same old bs at the 0:00 as usual for the team and i'm just kind of lost

LtFinFan66
11-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Are you ready to cut Beck? Trent has a few more starts. I would assume that Trent gets the same number of games to prove his worthiness as you are willing to give Beck?

Beck's had 9 weeks for his first start and completed 39% of his passes. Trent had 3 weeks for his first start and completed 79% of his.

I think that Edwards will surprise people by finishing out strong as a rookie!What the hell does that have to do with my response. I asked how he could SURPRISE people when he has already played. Not like getting his first start or something

YardRat
11-25-2007, 06:38 PM
I like what I've seen from TE so far, especially considering he's a pure rookie.

If he turns into an adequate, every week starter that can command an efficient albiet not necessarily electric offense without making too many errors I won't be surprised.

If he turns into a perennial All-Pro worthy of HOF consideration I would.

Lexwhat
11-25-2007, 06:43 PM
I think Trent will surprise alot of people here. The guy looked great in pre-season, he played with poise in the regular season games he played, and I think he is one of those guys that will get better with playing time.

He'll make some mistakes but I think he's ready for the challenge.

My prediction is that he'll look good finishing out our season and should get people pumped about next year.

Thought I would bring this one back:

"The 6-4, 231-pounder played behind a porous line, getting sacked 84 times in 31 career starts. He suffered a broken right foot seven games into his senior season. But as a junior he threw for 17 touchdowns and only seven interceptions. Edwards is quick in his drops, has good field vision and the ability to anticipate and zip passes into tight windows, a prerequisite of the precision Martz passing system.

"He got hit just about every time he threw the ball," Mayock says. "He had below-average receivers. I look at that as a positive.

"He's a big, strong kid with a good arm and a better athlete than people think."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/draft/2007-04-25-trent-edwards_N.htm

----------------------------------------------

Mayock knows a little about football...

SquishDaFish
11-25-2007, 06:49 PM
I just want to see Ws I dont care whos playing where.

im4bflo
11-25-2007, 06:54 PM
My biggest fear is that Jauron will let Losman start again next week.
If that happens, expect the Zone to implode from the outpouring of sheer outrage by the fans.
:scared:

About JP, or our coaching staff?

im4bflo
11-25-2007, 07:00 PM
I think he'll be a good 2nd stringer.
And when he does get in again, we'll be watching! :popcorn:
We still need a real starting NFL QB.

jmb1099
11-25-2007, 07:05 PM
There is no way to know how Edwards will do yet. For the sake of the team I hope he does well. Anyone wishing either QB to tank needs their head examined.

Bmax
11-25-2007, 07:12 PM
This is getting old.. Anyone who knows football knows that the bills will go with Edwards next season ....Losman will be traded or cut.. The only questions are when will he start again ? And who will our backup be next year ?

My choice would be a Vet who will help him and just come in when he has to....

Jamie Matin, Tim Rattay.. Josh Mcnown Doug Johnson Ryan Fitzpatrick.. That's all we can get

Unless someone gets cut.....

Slim pickins..

Bmax

HHURRICANE
11-25-2007, 07:16 PM
All of the diehard JP supporters are convinced that Trent isn't the answer after 4 games (3-1) but still weren't sure if JP wasn't the answer after 4 years.

It's comical and pathetic at the same time.

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-25-2007, 07:25 PM
All of the diehard JP supporters are convinced that Trent isn't the answer after 4 games (3-1) but still weren't sure if JP wasn't the answer after 4 years.

It's comical and pathetic at the same time.
That is so true. This is my first day on this board, Im usually on BB.com, but there are the same JP lovers over there as well.