Trent Edwards will surprise alot of people here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Trent Edwards will surprise alot of people here.

I think Trent will surprise alot of people here. The guy looked great in pre-season, he played with poise in the regular season games he played, and I think he is one of those guys that will get better with playing time.

He'll make some mistakes but I think he's ready for the challenge.

My prediction is that he'll look good finishing out our season and should get people pumped about next year.
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Trent Edwards will surprise alot of people here.

I agree he'll surprise but just the same as JP surprised alot too, unfortunately
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

Ill be suprised when he throws something over 40 yards LMAO

Comment

• shelby
        The Vanilla *****
        • Jul 2002

My biggest fear is that Jauron will let Losman start again next week.
        If that happens, expect the Zone to implode from the outpouring of sheer outrage by the fans.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

What's encouraging about Trent is his intelligence. He learns quickly and has a good command of the field for a rookie. That gives reason to believe the numbers will improve with more experience and more weapons.
          Now some will point to his picks, but they're confusing intelligence with experience. If he's still doing it at that rate in his third year (ahem), then we'll know he hasn't got it.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsIN05
            Ill be suprised when he throws something over 40 yards LMAO
            Like against the Ravens?

This is what I was talking about the other day as far as loyalty to one QB tainting their view of the other and coming up with ridiculous statements like this one.
            Last edited by Philagape; 11-25-2007, 07:02 PM.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

I think Trent would have seen the linebacker covering Reed today. That's intelligence and not physical tools. Gannon ripped JP for that pick.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                I think Trent would have seen the linebacker covering Reed today. That's intelligence and not physical tools. Gannon ripped JP for that pick.
                I think 95% of the starting NFL QB's would of seen the LB there.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• kinigirly
                  • Sep 2005

i think he'll end up to be a mediocre qb just like jp, and just like 90% of the other qbs in the league. there just aren't high caliber qbs in the league anymore except for the obvious few. its sad.

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

Right now JP isn't even mediocre.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                      • Mar 2005

How can he surprise people now since he has already played

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

If the kid can go out and complete 60% of his passes and help this team get to just 9-7 next year I will be happy.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by kinigirly
                          i think he'll end up to be a mediocre qb just like jp, and just like 90% of the other qbs in the league. there just aren't high caliber qbs in the league anymore except for the obvious few. its sad.
                          Rather than guessing wouldn't you like to find out? would have liked at least the last 6 games. Now we are down to five. If Tent isn't the answer I'd like to at least see us draft the answer.

Instead,we are going to let JP stink up the joint and we can spend all next year guessing if Trent is the guy or not. Just ridculous.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                            How can he surprise people now since he has already played
                            Are you ready to cut Beck? Trent has a few more starts. I would assume that Trent gets the same number of games to prove his worthiness as you are willing to give Beck?

Beck's had 9 weeks for his first start and completed 39% of his passes. Trent had 3 weeks for his first start and completed 79% of his.

I think that Edwards will surprise people by finishing out strong as a rookie!

Comment

• kinigirly
                              • Sep 2005

honestly, be my guest. i'd like to see what trent's progression is. i'm to the point i'm really disillusioned in the overall perspective of this team. no matter how good or bad a qb is for us, the team as a whole always regresses back to ******ed tendencies every single season. i expect us to not have "the one" for a long time in terms of qb. trent can probably do better at winning us games than jp now, but it doesn't mean we're going to win. i dunno, my passion has definitely dwindled for this season. same old bs at the 0:00 as usual for the team and i'm just kind of lost

Comment

Working...
                              X