PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else like Rich Gannon?

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-25-2007, 06:56 PM
I personally like when he does Bills games. I think he is the best analyst I have heard during Bills games. He tells you exactly what happens on a play. Like today, he showed all of us what the Bills did on each play they screwed up. He showed all of us who did what to spring that big play. This, I think is the 3rd Bills game he did and he has been good everytime. He is very informative and makes fans more knowledgable with the break down of the game.

hydro
11-25-2007, 06:58 PM
I agree! He tells you like it is, and thats all you can ask for in a broadcaster.

El Guapo
11-25-2007, 07:18 PM
His delivery reminds me of Jaws on MNF. I like him.

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 07:28 PM
I love Gannon as an announcer. He breaks down plays and explains them so even the "common fan" can understand what happened.

He keeps this up, in a couple years he's gonna make CBS' top crew.

patmoran2006
11-25-2007, 07:38 PM
I'll tell you what, he's the best and most accurate color guy I've heard this entire season.

He does say it like it is. He could say what you're THINKING of saying to your buddy next to you, without coming across as an ******* on the screen.

I thought he was excellent today, and his insight on Losman was spot-on.

I agree with Fun, I think he'll move up the CBS chain quick, and I definitely think he's a better color guy than Simms.

HHURRICANE
11-25-2007, 07:46 PM
I like the pick up he made on Crowell.

I don't think Gannon has the same opinion of Fewell that others have. He had his fair share of criticism for him today.

Marvelous
11-25-2007, 07:49 PM
I like him......I esp like the other guy. To me he is the voice of the AFC.... He did piss me off AT THE START OF THE GAME (oopscaps)when he said "Schobel & Kelsay are OUT". i was like "NOOOO",,but later he said it too & meant the play, ot teh game..LOL..
---WHo is the other guy>?

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-25-2007, 07:50 PM
I like him......I esp like the other guy. To me he is the voice of the AFC.... He did piss me off AT THE START OF THE GAME (oopscaps)when he said "Schobel & Kelsay are OUT". i was like "NOOOO",,but later he said it too & meant the play, ot teh game..LOL..
---WHo is the other guy>?
Kevin Harlan.

RockStar36
11-25-2007, 07:52 PM
I can't stand Gannon.

He screwed up his critique of the Crowell play when showing a clip from the NE game.

hydro
11-25-2007, 07:55 PM
I can't stand Gannon.

He screwed up his critique of the Crowell play when showing a clip from the NE game.

Please elaborate... i didn't notice a screw up.

RockStar36
11-25-2007, 07:58 PM
He showed a clip of the game last week and called out Crowell for the play, just as Crowell was at fault today, but it wasn't Crowell's fault last week. Unless I heard it wrong.

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-25-2007, 08:03 PM
He showed a clip of the game last week and called out Crowell for the play, just as Crowell was at fault today, but it wasn't Crowell's fault last week. Unless I heard it wrong.
I remember when they showed it. I dont think Gannon messed that up. Crowell took on the block on the outside and it sprung a whole up the middle for a big game. He did the same a few times today.

hydro
11-25-2007, 08:03 PM

It seemed like perfect critizism to me. Both plays were almost identical to the fact that crowell has problems with getting blocked out of a play when he doesn't cover his gap correctly.

patmoran2006
11-25-2007, 08:15 PM
He was SPOT ON with Losman. He gave him a lot of credit for the first TD drive. But at the end of the day you can't win in the NFL with that inconsistent of play from your QB, and he pretty much nailed it on the head by saying JP Is "that guy"

Oaf
11-25-2007, 08:43 PM
I liked the comparison of JP and the top QBs in the NFL in white shirts throwing around and then them playing Quarterback in football games.

OpIv37
11-25-2007, 09:03 PM
At times it seemed like he was trying to prove how much he knew about football, but generally I thought his commentary was insightful and contributed positively to the broadcast. I'd take him over the majority of the moron commentators CBS has thrown at us over the last few years.

Mitchy moo
11-25-2007, 09:30 PM
I'd like Gannon to come back and play QB for us, you can see he actually has a mind.

Ingtar33
11-25-2007, 11:16 PM
Gannon was dead on target about Crowell.

His point was Crowell was out of position, taking the wrong gap in both the game against NE and again against Jax...

Perfect.

I loved the fact the crew actually had the clip of crowell missing the gap READY before the game, just in case they saw it again.

Thats prep for a game i wish you saw from other crews.

Hard Nose Football
11-26-2007, 09:56 PM
The thing I like about Kevin Harlan is he always tells you who comes into and out of the game. He does that more than any other announcer.

Kerr
11-27-2007, 07:01 AM
Gannon is good.

mybills
11-27-2007, 07:14 AM
Which one said Whitner grabbed the face mask, when he actually grabbed the jersey?

R. Rich
11-27-2007, 08:04 AM
I personally like when he does Bills games. I think he is the best analyst I have heard during Bills games. He tells you exactly what happens on a play. Like today, he showed all of us what the Bills did on each play they screwed up. He showed all of us who did what to spring that big play. This, I think is the 3rd Bills game he did and he has been good everytime. He is very informative and makes fans more knowledgable with the break down of the game.

Good post. I like Gannon's commentary. I've been saying all year how the LBs have looked bad (can't shed blocks, poor recognition, too small), even while people were singing the praises of DiGiorgio, Crowell (really don't get that one) and the lot. Gannon made a point of highlighting the LBs inability to play the run well and did so w/out coming off like some jacka** who thinks he knows it all.

Side note: the difference 'tween CBS and ESPN is clear, as CBS feels they can make do w/ a couple guys in the booth and maybe one person on the field while ESPN needs 98 reporters all over the place and focuses not on the game, but rather on the human interest aspects of the game (last night was the "Ricky Williams Show" as opposed to the Miami @ Pittsburgh game). It's quite annoying and has become unwatchable. Were it not for my Steeler fan wife, I wouldn't have bothered w/ that debacle last night. But, it could be worse: they could have all that plus John Madden. Good lord.

FlyingDutchman
11-27-2007, 08:11 AM
I love Rich! U of Delaware alum baby!