PDA

View Full Version : Lee Evans

YardRat
11-25-2007, 07:54 PM
Did Lee have anything to say after today's game? Is he still pumping for JP after his 2 catch, 19 yard performance? Both in garbage time?

RockStar36
11-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Did Evans even play today?

hydro
11-25-2007, 07:56 PM
I did hear him say that its not all the QBs fault and that it all falls on the team as a whole. The usual B.S.

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Did Lee have anything to say after today's game? Is he still pumping for JP after his 2 catch, 19 yard performance? Both in garbage time?
I certaintly hope not. He has to see JP is not best for the team. I know they are best friends and also heard they are roomates ( dont know if thats true ) but he is holding this team back.

BidsJr
11-25-2007, 07:59 PM
My wife commented on how he chuckled after JP threw is cup on the ground after his second pick.

I wish I had seen it, but if he did? Get him out of here too.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-25-2007, 10:41 PM
I guarantee you that evans will NOT re-up with the bills and will leave via fa.
I guarantee it. He will not stay even if we offer him record money.
He knows we are years away from a stable QB situation and he wants his numbers and he knows he will NEVER get them here.

Take it to the bank.

I hate it, but Evans will NOT be back.

Mitchy moo
11-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Did Evans even play today?

Who? :dizzy:

Mitchy moo
11-25-2007, 10:56 PM
Lee Evans, didn't catch a pass until 44 seconds remained in the game.

TacklingDummy
11-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Lee Evans with JP Losman as the QB...

Denver: 2 Rec, 5 yards, 0 TDs
Pittsburgh: 2 Rec., 17 yards, 0 TDs
New England: 0 Rec, 0 Yards, 0 TDs
Jets: 2 Rec, 104 yards, 1 TD, 85 Yard gift
Bengals: 9 Rec, 165 yards, 1 TD
Miami: 4 Rec, 65 yards, 0 TDs
New England: 4 Rec 40 yards
Jacksonville: 2 Rec, 19 yards, 0 TDs

25 Rec
415 yards
2 TDs

without the 85 yard gift TD against the Jets

24 Rec.
330 yards
1 TD

Evans has no room to run his mouth about anything.

Ebenezer
11-25-2007, 11:07 PM
He knows we are years away from a stable QB situation and he wants his numbers and he knows he will NEVER get them here.

Take it to the bank.

yup...and he will get BIG money and be worth it...why would he want to come back here?

m1orenz
11-25-2007, 11:16 PM
Lee Evans with JP Losman as the QB...

Denver: 2 Rec, 5 yards, 0 TDs
Pittsburgh: 2 Rec., 17 yards, 0 TDs
New England: 0 Rec, 0 Yards, 0 TDs
Jets: 2 Rec, 104 yards, 1 TD, 85 Yard gift
Bengals: 9 Rec, 165 yards, 1 TD
Miami: 4 Rec, 65 yards, 0 TDs
New England: 4 Rec 40 yards
Jacksonville: 2 Rec, 19 yards, 0 TDs

25 Rec
415 yards
2 TDs

without the 85 yard gift TD against the Jets

24 Rec.
330 yards
1 TD

Evans has no room to run his mouth about anything.

saying without {insert whatever here} he only has these numbers is just stupid. He got that big play.

is this fair?
Without 35 of bradys td's this yr he is below average

didnt think so

Mr. Cynical
11-25-2007, 11:17 PM

Take it to the bank.

Agreed.

TacklingDummy
11-25-2007, 11:18 PM
saying without {insert whatever here} he only has these numbers is just stupid. He got that big play.

is this fair?

didnt think so

Doesn't matter with or without, those numbers blow.

Ebenezer
11-25-2007, 11:22 PM

is this fair?

didnt think so
can you imagine Evans numbers with Brady, Manning, Favre or Brees as his QB??

Mitchy moo
11-25-2007, 11:23 PM

And a real coaching staff...

colin
11-26-2007, 07:24 AM

Take it to the bank.

ok,

i like evans, and think in the right situation (deep) he is a big threat, but why is there so much man love for him?

i swear you guys pick players to love and hate and just ignore how they play.

evans has sucked badly this year, he has dropped and not fought for big passes, and has been unproductive. he is too small to block or go over the middle consistently too.

i want him to stay a bill, but he just isn't that great. he's no moulds or chad johnson.

Luisito23
11-26-2007, 07:31 AM
he's no moulds or chad johnson.

He's a great #2...Nothing more, nothing less...We would be idiots to give him record money for just catching bombs every now and then....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

HHURRICANE
11-26-2007, 07:33 AM
I'm really starting to think that Evans is just another TD wasted draft pick. The guy's attitude has been nothing short of embarrassing.

I highly doubt he stays a Bill and he's certainly playing like a guy that doesn't want to be here.

DraftBoy
11-26-2007, 07:53 AM
He's a great #2...Nothing more, nothing less...We would be idiots to give him record money for just catching bombs every now and then....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

His career YPC is only 16.1 YPC

For comparison sakes, 07 YPC leaders (20+ catches)
Andre Davis (HOU) 18.6
Andre Johnson (HOU) 18.2
Joey Galloway (TB) 17.4
Reggie Williams (JAX) 17.3
Terrell Owens (DAL) 17.1
Santonio Holmes (PIT) 17.0

For a guy who only catches bombs once in a while his numbers match up favorably with some of the best in the game.

DraftBoy
11-26-2007, 07:54 AM
ok,

i like evans, and think in the right situation (deep) he is a big threat, but why is there so much man love for him?

i swear you guys pick players to love and hate and just ignore how they play.

evans has sucked badly this year, he has dropped and not fought for big passes, and has been unproductive. he is too small to block or go over the middle consistently too.

i want him to stay a bill, but he just isn't that great. he's no moulds or chad johnson.

Yesterday he had a big block down the field to spring Parrish on the reverse for the TD, and Ive noticed multiple times this season where he has blocked for Lynch on running plays. He is a solid blocker, not Hines Ward good, but solid.

OpIv37
11-26-2007, 08:00 AM

Take it to the bank.

and in case you need more evidence that Evans will leave, I have his jersey.

I should have done everyone a favor and bought Tim Anderson and JP Losman jerseys 3 years ago.

Luisito23
11-26-2007, 08:02 AM
He's a good WR DB no doubt, he's just not #1 money good, or at least that's my opinion.....

GO BILLS!!!!!

jamze132
11-26-2007, 08:06 AM
I ain't mad at Evans. The QB needs to throw the ball to him in order for him to catch it.

OpIv37
11-26-2007, 08:07 AM
He's a good WR DB no doubt, he's just not #1 money good, or at least that's my opinion.....

GO BILLS!!!!!

I think it's hard to judge. We have no other threats at WR. There's Parrish, who's great with the ball but he's 5'6" so getting him the ball is a big problem. You saw what happened when JP threw him the ball down the sidelines- all he could do was knock it away . A 6'1" receiver makes that catch. There's Reed, who runs good routes but is slow and doesn't have downfield speed (but hey, he's a good run blocker so who needs speed at WR? :rolleyes:). Then there's Royal, Gaines and Neufeld- our three headed monster of TE mediocrity.

Did you see the NE game last night? The Eagles completely shut down Moss, so Brady just went to Welker and Watson. When our opponents shut down Evans, there is no 1b or 2- just a bunch of 3's posing as 2's. I think Evans would look like a #1 if we had a real #2 to take pressure off.

Luisito23
11-26-2007, 08:11 AM
I think it's hard to judge. We have no other threats at WR. There's Parrish, who's great with the ball but he's 5'6" so getting him the ball is a big problem. You saw what happened when JP threw him the ball down the sidelines- all he could do was knock it away . A 6'1" receiver makes that catch. There's Reed, who runs good routes but is slow and doesn't have downfield speed (but hey, he's a good run blocker so who needs speed at WR? :rolleyes:). Then there's Royal, Gaines and Neufeld- our three headed monster of TE mediocrity.

Did you see the NE game last night? The Eagles completely shut down Moss, so Brady just went to Welker and Watson. When our opponents shut down Evans, there is no 1b or 2- just a bunch of 3's posing as 2's. I think Evans would look like a #1 if we had a real #2 to take pressure off.

Fair enough....:beers:...

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

DraftBoy
11-26-2007, 08:16 AM
I understand where your coming from Luisito, but I think Evans means alot more to this team then maybe you were giving him credit for. He'll never be an Owens or Moss, but he and a second receiver could be a hell of a 1a, 1b combo, just my opinion.

Luisito23
11-26-2007, 08:18 AM
:goodpost:....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

colin
11-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Yesterday he had a big block down the field to spring Parrish on the reverse for the TD, and Ive noticed multiple times this season where he has blocked for Lynch on running plays. He is a solid blocker, not Hines Ward good, but solid.

fair point, but i did say he doesn't do it consistently. he tries and is very talented, i do want him to stay, but i just think we (including me) have overrated him.

trapezeus
11-26-2007, 10:46 AM
seeing that this is a young team, does Evans get a lot of picks if we trade him to stock pile in the draft?

Stewie
11-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Evans will be just fine he needs a tall WR opposite him. Our wr's are all 5'9" and that obviously ain't cutting it.

BlackMetalNinja
11-26-2007, 10:53 AM

I should have done everyone a favor and bought Tim Anderson and JP Losman jerseys 3 years ago.

You beat me to it...

billsburgh
11-26-2007, 10:54 AM
you cant blame Lee for not catching any passes until the game was over. when he was open, Jp either overthrew him or didnt even look his way. there was one play I remember where Gannon kept saying "he missed him, he missed him" and then on the replay he explained how JP was not going through his progressions and totally missed an open Evans.

BlackMetalNinja
11-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Evans will be just fine he needs a tall WR opposite him. Our wr's are all 5'9" and that obviously ain't cutting it.

I bet we have far and away the shortest average DB/WR group in the league.

justasportsfan
11-26-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm really starting to think that Evans is just another TD wasted draft pick. The guy's attitude has been nothing short of embarrassing.

I highly doubt he stays a Bill and he's certainly playing like a guy that doesn't want to be here.
Every great player that comes our way is a waste right? It's never the organizations fault that in this decade we haven't made playoffs because of all TD hires. Give me a break. This team is still rebuilding and will continue to do so even though TD hasn't been here in close to 2 years. That's BS.

BB came in and won with what he inherited in NE. He won the sb with rookies starting. The players can only do so much. Our coaches blow.

The Answer
11-26-2007, 11:00 AM

Take it to the bank.

Good riddance - The Answer has maintained all along that Evans is not a #1 receiver anyway. Let him go play on whatever crap team his boyfriend signs with after we release or trade him. Then when Losman is benched on his new team we'll see just how loyal he is.

~The Answer

The Answer
11-26-2007, 11:03 AM

Sure if he was playing alongside Randy Moss or Reggie Wayne - he's not a true #1 receiver and that is the reason we are struggling big time on offense.

~The Answer

TacklingDummy
11-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Sure if he was playing alongside Randy Moss or Reggie Wayne - he's not a true #1 receiver and that is the reason we are struggling big time on offense.

~The Answer

Wrong. It's the QB. Evans needs someone who can get him and the other recievers the ball.

justasportsfan
11-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Wrong. It's the QB. Evans needs someone who can get him and the other recievers the ball.
and a OC that knows how to design plays to get him the ball.

TacklingDummy
11-26-2007, 11:39 AM
and a OC that knows how to design plays to get him the ball.

It's more the QBs fault but Fairchild does get some blame. Fairchild is not the one throwing the ball horribly to a wide open Reed.

Fairchild is not the one who locks on to recievers and throws interceptions.

It's the QB's job to make the players around him and the coaches look good.

Mitchy moo
11-26-2007, 11:41 AM

So do I and my son.

justasportsfan
11-26-2007, 11:44 AM
It's more the QBs fault but Fairchild does get some blame. Fairchild is not the one throwing the ball horribly to a wide open Reed.

Fairchild is not the one who locks on to recievers and throws interceptions.

It's the QB's job to make the players around him and the coaches look good.

BS- More attempt to put it all on JP. Lets talk about the other aspect of the O. The run game.

If Lynch didn't have the ability to get yards after the first hit, we'd be dead last in the lague. The only reason we're barely average in the run game is because of the player. Not because of the scheme. So what now, JP is to blame for not being able to run the ball?

So in case you missed it , our O is at the bottom of the league. Even with Lemon the fins ranked better than us. So you can pin it all you want on JP but that's because you're a hater.

TacklingDummy
11-26-2007, 11:48 AM
So what now, JP is to blame for not being able to run the ball?

Actually it is JP's fault. The book on the Bills is to take away the run and let JP try and beat them with bombs to Lee Evans. So far that book has worked 10-21 times.

justasportsfan
11-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Actually it is JP's fault. The book on the Bills is to take away the run and let JP try and beat them with bombs to Lee Evans. So far that book has worked 10-21 times.

Bwahaha. Since it's the qbs fault then it must also be Trents fault that MArshawn couldn't break a 100 while TE was the qb?

trapezeus
11-26-2007, 02:35 PM

technically, the record of using that strategy would be 21-10. Just to be a stickler.

codabills
11-26-2007, 03:04 PM
I hope Evans give Edwards the same effort He gave Losman.

The Answer
11-26-2007, 03:11 PM
I hope Evans give Edwards the same effort He gave Losman.

He's going to sabotage Edwards - bank on it!

~The Answer