Dick staying with JP any longer would be...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Dick staying with JP any longer would be...

An indictment of the Bills faith in Trent Edwards.

I mean seriously, how much confidence could TE have on the sidelines knowing he is on the bench behind the juggernaught of JP Losman?

If they think Trent has ANY talent at all he needs to be in right now.

Otherwise might destroy the kids confidence.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Dick staying with JP any longer would be...

it's coming. It HAS to be coming.

They don't know what they have in Trent Edwards yet. They obviously know by now in Losman.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• kinigirly
      • Sep 2005

there should be a big clause on the contracts for qbs coming into buffalo that says: "enter at your own risk, prepare to be mindf**ked by staff"

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by kinigirly
        there should be a big clause on the contracts for qbs coming into buffalo that says: "enter at your own risk, prepare to be mindf**ked by staff"
        I got a better clause:

"Please be sure you don't suck, or you'll be benched".

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

...typical of this freakin' organization.

Comment

• LABillsFan
            • Aug 2002

He is a rookie, his confidence isn't based on the coaches decision yet. If he were a vet with a few years of experience and wasn't getting the call, yeah he'd have a right to question and wonder. His confidence will come with the staff making a decision and sticking with it for the rest of the season no matter what his performance is and no matter how many games are left in the season.
            I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

i have a feeling the coaches went back to JP because they sensed dissention from the team. In regards to the roster bonus issue. I think there was a sentiment in the locker-room that said "doesn't matter how you play in buffalo, they won't pay you." and i think that the coaches convinced Ralph, "let him play and let him fail. the players will see we aren't cheap." That is the problem the bills inherited by taking this cash to cap strategy and letting some players go insteaed of paying them. That isn't to say that we should have paid TKO and clemtns. But i think if you are seen railroading your #1 QB, it won't help.

and i think dick and jauron believe they are getting the talent they need for the next year. So they don't want guys leaving.

Perhaps i overthought this, but that's what i think is playing out.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

I stayed away from the QB issue for a while. I think it's time to jump back in and hop on the Trent Edwards bandwagon. JP has had a long enough audition and he's flunked it.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• BidsJr
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                  I stayed away from the QB issue for a while. I think it's time to jump back in and hop on the Trent Edwards bandwagon. JP has had a long enough audition and he's flunked it.
                  welcome back
                  "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BidsJr
                    welcome back
                    Are you sure there's room. I'm worried it might be a little crowded.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• BidsJr
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                      Are you sure there's room. I'm worried it might be a little crowded.

Don't feel bad, I was in your shoes once and I had to make the change.

Most everyone else here had to as well.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

I'm back on the Trent bandwagon... oh wait... I was never off.

Comment

• BidsJr
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          I'm back on the Trent bandwagon... oh wait... I was never off.

Same here, after seeing him go 3-1 and look "NO WORSE" than J ust P unt (after a 3 and out) I was sold.

Give teh rook a chance to improve and we'll see where it goes.

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                            i have a feeling the coaches went back to JP because they sensed dissention from the team. In regards to the roster bonus issue. I think there was a sentiment in the locker-room that said "doesn't matter how you play in buffalo, they won't pay you." and i think that the coaches convinced Ralph, "let him play and let him fail. the players will see we aren't cheap." That is the problem the bills inherited by taking this cash to cap strategy and letting some players go insteaed of paying them. That isn't to say that we should have paid TKO and clemtns. But i think if you are seen railroading your #1 QB, it won't help.

and i think dick and jauron believe they are getting the talent they need for the next year. So they don't want guys leaving.

Perhaps i overthought this, but that's what i think is playing out.
                            I think you hit it on the head trapz. Either that or Edwards is hurt worse than we are being told. But I think they are catering to the players here.
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

two words - career suicide

Comment

Working...
                              X