PDA

View Full Version : Dick staying with JP any longer would be...

BidsJr
11-25-2007, 07:58 PM
An indictment of the Bills faith in Trent Edwards.

I mean seriously, how much confidence could TE have on the sidelines knowing he is on the bench behind the juggernaught of JP Losman?

If they think Trent has ANY talent at all he needs to be in right now.

Otherwise might destroy the kids confidence.

patmoran2006
11-25-2007, 08:03 PM
it's coming. It HAS to be coming.

They don't know what they have in Trent Edwards yet. They obviously know by now in Losman.

kinigirly
11-25-2007, 08:13 PM
there should be a big clause on the contracts for qbs coming into buffalo that says: "enter at your own risk, prepare to be mindf**ked by staff"

Forward_Lateral
11-25-2007, 08:18 PM
there should be a big clause on the contracts for qbs coming into buffalo that says: "enter at your own risk, prepare to be mindf**ked by staff"

I got a better clause:

"Please be sure you don't suck, or you'll be benched".

Nighthawk
11-25-2007, 08:19 PM
...typical of this freakin' organization.

LABillsFan
11-25-2007, 08:24 PM
He is a rookie, his confidence isn't based on the coaches decision yet. If he were a vet with a few years of experience and wasn't getting the call, yeah he'd have a right to question and wonder. His confidence will come with the staff making a decision and sticking with it for the rest of the season no matter what his performance is and no matter how many games are left in the season.

trapezeus
11-25-2007, 08:26 PM
i have a feeling the coaches went back to JP because they sensed dissention from the team. In regards to the roster bonus issue. I think there was a sentiment in the locker-room that said "doesn't matter how you play in buffalo, they won't pay you." and i think that the coaches convinced Ralph, "let him play and let him fail. the players will see we aren't cheap." That is the problem the bills inherited by taking this cash to cap strategy and letting some players go insteaed of paying them. That isn't to say that we should have paid TKO and clemtns. But i think if you are seen railroading your #1 QB, it won't help.

and i think dick and jauron believe they are getting the talent they need for the next year. So they don't want guys leaving.

Perhaps i overthought this, but that's what i think is playing out.

TigerJ
11-25-2007, 08:37 PM
I stayed away from the QB issue for a while. I think it's time to jump back in and hop on the Trent Edwards bandwagon. JP has had a long enough audition and he's flunked it.

BidsJr
11-25-2007, 08:39 PM
I stayed away from the QB issue for a while. I think it's time to jump back in and hop on the Trent Edwards bandwagon. JP has had a long enough audition and he's flunked it.

welcome back

TigerJ
11-25-2007, 08:48 PM
welcome back

Are you sure there's room. I'm worried it might be a little crowded.

BidsJr
11-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Are you sure there's room. I'm worried it might be a little crowded.

Don't feel bad, I was in your shoes once and I had to make the change.

Most everyone else here had to as well.

HHURRICANE
11-25-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm back on the Trent bandwagon... oh wait... I was never off.

BidsJr
11-25-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm back on the Trent bandwagon... oh wait... I was never off.

Same here, after seeing him go 3-1 and look "NO WORSE" than J ust P unt (after a 3 and out) I was sold.

Give teh rook a chance to improve and we'll see where it goes.

Turf
11-25-2007, 09:03 PM
i have a feeling the coaches went back to JP because they sensed dissention from the team. In regards to the roster bonus issue. I think there was a sentiment in the locker-room that said "doesn't matter how you play in buffalo, they won't pay you." and i think that the coaches convinced Ralph, "let him play and let him fail. the players will see we aren't cheap." That is the problem the bills inherited by taking this cash to cap strategy and letting some players go insteaed of paying them. That isn't to say that we should have paid TKO and clemtns. But i think if you are seen railroading your #1 QB, it won't help.

and i think dick and jauron believe they are getting the talent they need for the next year. So they don't want guys leaving.

Perhaps i overthought this, but that's what i think is playing out.

I think you hit it on the head trapz. Either that or Edwards is hurt worse than we are being told. But I think they are catering to the players here.

Mr. Pink
11-25-2007, 09:08 PM
two words - career suicide

Mad Bomber
11-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Exactly, my friend. I too have been silent about this issue, and I have to say now that I feel that JP Losman is NOT the future of the Bills. In my humble opinion, he does not have the mental accuity to make it as an NFL QB. He does not seem to be learning and progressing along any type of "learning curve"....he has topped out at a very low level (IMHO) and seems unlikely to get any better (IMHO).

I for one am willing to say goodbye....

Mitchy moo
11-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Exactly, my friend. I too have been silent about this issue, and I have to say now that I feel that JP Losman is NOT the future of the Bills. In my humble opinion, he does not have the mental accuity to make it as an NFL QB. He does not seem to be learning and progressing along any type of "learning curve"....he has topped out at a very low level (IMHO) and seems unlikely to get any better (IMHO).

I for one am willing to say goodbye....

Good riddance as well.

Philagape
11-25-2007, 11:35 PM
two words - career suicide

No big loss since Dick doesn't have much of a career anyway.

Mr. Cynical
11-26-2007, 12:06 AM
Dick staying with JP any longer would be...

....a dick move.

njsue
11-26-2007, 12:30 AM
Put a Qb on the bills that can make good decisions and not hold on to the ball for forever.