• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Play Owner

You've seen 11 games now, and it's the same story.

* You feast on the bottom feeders of the NFL like Miami, NY and Cinci and you're players and coaches look great.

* YOu rarely ever beat a team with a winning record and your staff and sometimes players look clueless.

* You're starting QB after four seasons is still clueless, rattled, mopes on the bench by himself after turnovers, stupid and basically a bum as winning less than a third of his starts indicates; but you couldn't help but be attracted to his physical abilities.

* You enter the offseason third in the league in cap room.

Come up with a plan, a plan that is at least somewhat realistic and reasonable. What would YOU DO to make this team a real contender?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Play Owner

Sell.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Get an excellent HC who actually isn't afraid of his own shadow.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
        Get an excellent HC who actually isn't afraid of his own shadow.
        Naturally my big mouth is going to comment about a lot more, but I think that's unquestionably priority #1.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

1. require that the OC change. making wholesale changes for the HC position says that the last 2 years were a waste. i think this team is more disciplined than with the other jokers.

2. look for a playmaker #1 WR in the draft or free agency

3. put emphasis on a pass catching TE in the draft.

4. See if there is a viable #1 Center.

5. Get decent LB's as backups and 1 more legit starter.

6. Get a sack master or two at whatever price.

7. i also get a marketing department that sells that the Bills are more america's team than the cash rich cowboys or patriots. the majority of americans are disenfranchised and work within thte system. the bills are the everyday man. and seeing them succeed is like seeing a small guy come from the bottom to the top with hard work. Whether that comes from getting the bills logo out in movies and stories, more prominent spots on the pregame fluff stories. People can identify with this team. no one markets it properly.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Realistic Plan?

hmmm this could be fun...

1st - Trade Losman for whatever you can get on draft day...to be realistic, I'll say it's a 5th, the same thing Cleveland got for Charlie Frye.

2nd - Trade or release Schoebel, too much contract, not enough production. I don't think you can trade him with his salary, so I release him. While it might not be a fan favorite move to do so, it frees up more money and gets an overpriced bum out of here. Insert Hargrove as the new starter. Kelsay gets to stay because his contract isn't as ridiculous at least for one more year.

3rd - Make a serious run at Derek Anderson. Give him an offer sheet that makes Cleveland make a decision on if they want to pay him the big buicks. Somewhere in the range of 5 years 40 million.

4th - If the Titans don't franchise Albert Haynesworth, make a nice offer to him as well. If I can get him inked to a deal, I turn around and either a. trade Tripps or b. release him.

5th - Sign Eric Johnson or LJ Smith via FA. Both could be weapons in the passing game.

6th - Sign either Bernard Berrian or Patrick Crayton. Crayton is likely not to go anywhere so Berrian would probably be the option here.

7th - Sign some backups on the O-line, we're very thin and have escaped the injury bug thus far, hopefully Langston isn't out long.

8th - Fire Dick and hire Marty, Marty then has complete control over who he brings in on the coaching staff.

9th - If Cleveland matches the offer sheet to DA, and Hayensworth stays a Titan, I draft the best DT available. If Haynesworth comes here and I don't get DA...I draft the best Corner available.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

1. Fire DJ, Bobby Fairchild, and Demote Perry Fewell
              2. Hire Norm Chow (HC), John Tenuta (DC), and Steve Sarkisian (OC)
              3. Enter FA and sign OG Justin Smiley, DT Randy Starks, LB Boss Bailey, CB Marcus Trufant, WR Drew Carter
              4. Draft:
              1. TE Travis Beckum/Martellus Bennett-Wisconsin/Texas A&M
              2. WR Limas Sweed-Texas
              3a. LB Ali Highsmith-LSU
              3b. QB Josh Johnson-San Diego
              4. CB Dominique Rodgers-Croamartie-Tenn St
              5a. DE Tommy Blake-TCU
              5b. OC John Sullivan-Notre Dame
              6. FB Jehuu Caulcrick-Michigan State
              7a. RB Omar Cuff-Delaware
              7b. CB Corey Lynch-App State

5. Questions?
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Wow, where to start....

1. Fire Fairchild and let Jauron know he's on a short leash.

2. Fix the QB situation- I don't know how but get someone other than the guys we have. Maybe get Derek Anderson in FA.

3. Get a big WR for the new QB, and a receiving TE if possible. If not, use Royal more and get Lynch in the passing game (pre-requisites for the new QB). Otherwise, bringing in a QB is going to be useless. Anderson is used to throwing to tall receivers and we'll need at least one if he's our guy.

4. Trade Kelsay and get a DT who can rush the passer next to Kelsay. We have enough draft picks and with Kelsay and Losman, we have plenty to trade away to make this happen.

5. Get a real center in the draft (maybe this one should be higher). Fowler blows. And fire McNally with Fairchild.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                  Realistic Plan?

hmmm this could be fun...

1st - Trade Losman for whatever you can get on draft day...to be realistic, I'll say it's a 5th, the same thing Cleveland got for Charlie Frye.
                  100% agree. I think a 5th for him might even be pushing it, his trade value has plummeted. Who wants a QB that is 3-16 against teams .500 or better? Honestly, I think he ends up getting cut. If we get anything for him, it's better than nothing.

2nd - Trade or release Schoebel, too much contract, not enough production. I don't think you can trade him with his salary, so I release him. While it might not be a fan favorite move to do so, it frees up more money and gets an overpriced bum out of here. Insert Hargrove as the new starter. Kelsay gets to stay because his contract isn't as ridiculous at least for one more year.
                  I don't think that will happen. Clumpy would know more than me, I'm not sure what the cap hit would be for releasing him. I'm thinking a lot. I think he needs to be surrounded by a better DT and aggressive OLB to get more one one one's in the pass rush. He's a good player, but he doesnt make the guys around him better, and he can't lift a team by himself (unless we're playing the jets or fins). I think he stays.

3rd - Make a serious run at Derek Anderson. Give him an offer sheet that makes Cleveland make a decision on if they want to pay him the big buicks. Somewhere in the range of 5 years 40 million.
                  Absolutely not. May think I'm crazy, but we'll revisit this next year. I think Trent Edwards WILL be the answer. In fact, given the chance with some talent and a better OC around him, I think Edwards will be the next DA.

4th - If the Titans don't franchise Albert Haynesworth, make a nice offer to him as well. If I can get him inked to a deal, I turn around and either a. trade Tripps or b. release him.
                  Priority #1. He'd make this ENTIRE defense better. If we sign ONE free agent and he's available, I'd overpay the **** out of him. He would clog up the middle, collapse the pocket and make SChobel and Kelsay more useful. If he's gone and there is no obvious upgrade via FA for DT, then my first rounder is going here.

5th - Sign Eric Johnson or LJ Smith via FA. Both could be weapons in the passing game.
                  No doubt. Smith would be a GREAT addition, especially for someone like Edwards who likes to find his tight end a lot.

6th - Sign either Bernard Berrian or Patrick Crayton. Crayton is likely not to go anywhere so Berrian would probably be the option here.
                  NOt sure how much Berrian would cost (Crayton aint going anywhere), it depends on his price. I would like that Hackett kid to be a perfect #2. One thing is for certain, they NEED a better #2 than what they have. Could be a very early draft pick here if they don't upgrade via FA.

7th - Sign some backups on the O-line, we're very thin and have escaped the injury bug thus far, hopefully Langston isn't out long.
                  Definitely.

8th - Fire Dick and hire Marty, Marty then has complete control over who he brings in on the coaching staff.
                  I prefer Cowher, but I said "realistically". that's never going to happen. I would LOVE to see Marty-ball come to Buffalo. I said for US to play owner so we can do this, I don't think Wilson/Levy will fire Jauron, even if they finish this year 5-11. Wilson is HISTORICALLY cheap in hiring head coaches, and even if I'm wrong and Jauron got ****canned, there is no way I see Wilson paying bucks for Marty S. My best and most realistic hope is that we at least get rid of Fairchild and find an innovative offensive coordinator.

9th - If Cleveland matches the offer sheet to DA, and Hayensworth stays a Titan, I draft the best DT available. If Haynesworth comes here and I don't get DA...I draft the best Corner available.
                  I don't pay for Anderson Im happy with Edwards. I agree about Haynesworth and I'd be shocked if Tenn doesn't tag or sign him long term. Assuming that happens I think the first round pick should be a DT as well. WE also really need a better CB, I think Greer is a good #2 but McGee is not consistent enough to be a #1. I think he's a nickel back at best, at least on a good defense he is.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

btw Haynesworth is a punk ***** and I don't want that dirtbag anywhere near Orchard Park.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• colin
                      Drew's my hero!
                      • Jul 2002

i sign lance briggs

i make a run at chad johnson, i think we can get him. if not we go to whoever else we can.

heysnworth, or any other physical penetrating combo DT we can sign, i think there are a few out there.

cut jp, perhaps shoot him in the foot just so dick never plays him again.

new OC.

lj smith, or draft a TE.

physical corner, draft or sign.

in the draft i get a day one C and or RG. i get new LBs and one each for the secondary and DL, pass rusher won't hurt either.

with all of that and trent at QB we can win. briggs and another DT alone will super charge our front 7

Comment

• jonah7777
                        • Aug 2005

1. release losman don't care what his draft value is.
                        2 fire dick j and most of the staff with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions
                        3. draft including looking for yes another QB to groom in case te is anothe r jp in the waiting or even give the rook serious competition to start next year. sorry not convinced te is much better than what we have had.
                        4. Find a qualified strength coach..... buffalo has sucked in this area ever since rusty jones hit the road.
                        5. open up the freakin wallet and start getting some quality players. This bunch of "players" with a few exceptions would not make most NFL teams.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

1) Fire DJ, hire Marty/Cower/Parcels
                          2) Let them do what they want

suggestions for the new HC

-Dump Losman
                          -Get a big athletic no.2 option (WR)
                          -Get a big athletic TE
                          -Make a Run at D.Anderson
                          -Get John Henderson (i wanted us to draft him once upon a time)
                          -Get a real no.1 Corner
                          -Get a real FS
                          -Dump the cover 2
                          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• historypete
                            • Feb 2005

Once the offseason hits this is what I do.

Fire Fairchild. My feelings on him are real clear. I'd move up Van Pelt, I think he has a real offensive mind and background to prove it.

Trade JP. It doesn't make sense to have him here because he hasn't played well enough to earn an extension and it is in his best interests to move him also. I hope I can get a 5th for him considering the way he is currently playing.

Release the following players. Tripplett, P. Price, M. Fowler, D. Preston. ALl of them are worthless and eating up too much cap space.

I'd look to sign Lance Briggs. I think him, Crowell, and Poz would be a great trio.

You need a big, fat DT. I wouldn't mind Haynesworth although he has baggage. Dorsey will be gone in the draft before we can land him.

Get rid of the Cover 2 with penetrating DT's. It is clear our DT's (minus McCargo, who I think has taken huge strides) can penetrate the line. Go to a more attacking style Defense.

I would draft a Big WR to complement Evans. We need a Strong Center to replace Fowler, I'd try FA but might have to rely on the draft. I'd also draft a playmaking TE (Miller from USC I like), and you always need Oline and Dline guys. Another solid 3rd corner (hopefully with a 3rd round pick). I think McGee and Greer have done a great job considering the lack of pressure our line puts on the opposing QB.

Comment

• JD
                              Sabres Zone
                              • Sep 2003

I wouldnt mind ocho cinco in a bills uniform
                              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍