• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

I remember when Jimbo was the QB, unquestionably the QB

I love having a gamer behind center week in and week out. You are always going to lose some games, odd as it may seem but with Jim Kelly behind center, you knew we had a chance to win every game.

I miss those days and hope we can get our stuff straight sooner than later with a real go to guy at QB, someone we can count on.

I don't fully trust Trent yet but I trust Losman even less.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: I remember when Jimbo was the QB, unquestionably the QB

Good times!

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

You must also remember then, even way back when, there was a faction of fans that thought Reich should've been elevated to starter over Kelly.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
        You must also remember then, even way back when, there was a faction of fans that thought Reich should've been elevated to starter over Kelly.
        Half the people here would be calling for Reich if this were the early '90's. Shiny Object Syndrome is a staple of this place.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
          Half the people here would be calling for Reich if this were the early '90's. Shiny Object Syndrome is a staple of this place.
          phallic object syndrome is a staple for some here as well.

JP is no Kelly, night & day.

Comment

• scott51
            • Oct 2006

That happens with any team in any league in any sport. When things start to look bad or don't quite the way you think they should, the grass always starts looking greener on the other side
            Go Bills!
            Go Sabres!

JP Losman, your time is up!

2007 Standings:
            Buffalo Bills 7-9
            New England Patriots 18-1*

Comment

• njsue
              Jersey Girl!!!!!!
              • Sep 2003

Marv has to correct this situation. Go and sign a hot QB in free agency.

Comment

• acehole
                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Skooby
                I love having a gamer behind center week in and week out. You are always going to lose some games, odd as it may seem but with Jim Kelly behind center, you knew we had a chance to win every game.

I miss those days and hope we can get our stuff straight sooner than later with a real go to guy at QB, someone we can count on.

I don't fully trust Trent yet but I trust Losman even less.
                I know I was thinking this too.
                Remember when we had a DE who could rush the passer?
                Remember when we had LB who could really change a game?
                Remember reed and thomas ans tasker?
                We were very lucky to have all of that talent on one team.
                Hated by the stupid..
                Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Luisito23
                  Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by acehole
                  We were very lucky to have all of that talent on one team.

We were also lucky to have Polian as our GM....Man I miss those days....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!
                  "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                  ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                  ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                  ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                    • Jun 2005

That wont happen again untill we have a consistent coaching staff and not 2-4 years and out coaching staff. We need a Solid long lasting coaching staff. And one that wont juggle back and forth and stick with 1 QB.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

I know JP sucks but he was doomed from the beginning. Prior coaching staffs screwed him and this one came too late for him. Now ship JP out and see what Edwards has. If he doesnt have it then find someone this offseason.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

i was just getting ready to say the same thing.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

it is kind of funny though.. because todays numbers are so skewed.. jimbo, by my recollection, was a gun slinger.. the man.. lighting up the scoreboard with all those great teams.. but then i looked at his numbers...

| 1986 buf | 16 | 285 480 59.4 3593 7.5 22 17 | 41 199 0 |
                          | 1987 buf | 12 | 250 419 59.7 2798 6.7 19 11 | 29 133 0 |
                          | 1988 buf | 16 | 269 452 59.5 3380 7.5 15 17 | 35 154 0 |
                          | 1989 buf | 13 | 228 391 58.3 3130 8.0 25 18 | 29 137 2 |
                          | 1990 buf | 14 | 219 346 63.3 2829 8.2 24 9 | 22 63 0 |
                          | 1991 buf | 15 | 304 474 64.1 3844 8.1 33 17 | 20 45 1 |
                          | 1992 buf | 16 | 269 462 58.2 3457 7.5 23 19 | 31 53 1 |
                          | 1993 buf | 16 | 288 470 61.3 3382 7.2 18 18 | 36 102 0 |
                          | 1994 buf | 14 | 285 448 63.6 3114 7.0 22 17 | 25 77 1 |
                          | 1995 buf | 15 | 255 458 55.7 3130 6.8 22 13 | 17 20 0 |
                          | 1996 buf | 13 | 222 379 58.6 2810 7.4 14 19 | 19 66 2

33 tds one season when we went to the superbowl.. the rest of the years look so average now in comparison to what we are seeing.. i mean derrick anderson is going to surpass the best season kelly ever had..

pretty weird.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• colin
                            Drew's my hero!
                            • Jul 2002

it is a very different nfl than 20 years ago.

you see games where very few balls hit the ground on a regular basis.

it is a qb league ever since walsh brought in his WCO, and most teams include a good bit of it now.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                              I know JP sucks but he was doomed from the beginning. Prior coaching staffs screwed him and this one came too late for him. Now ship JP out and see what Edwards has. If he doesnt have it then find someone this offseason.
                              1000 posts to finally come to my conclusion. Better late than never.

Comment

Working...
                              X