X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Fred Jackson

It's clear that they need to get him in the game more, and figure out ways to get him the ball. I was very impressed by him, especially catching the ball.
  • Mad Bomber
    • Jul 2002

Re: Fred Jackson

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
    It's clear that they need to get him in the game more, and figure out ways to get him the ball. I was very impressed by him, especially catching the ball.
    That makes too much sense for this pathetic coaching staff...

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

I completely agree, F_L.
      He does run better than ATrain, although I was impressed with AT's catching today and last week. He catches then runs better than he runs from the hand off.
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
        • Jul 2002

He tore up preseason. Nice backup to have.

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

How come Atrain had catches today and Lynch has like 16 on the season?

Jackson kicked ass today.

Comment

• historypete
            • Feb 2005

Jackson should be getting the majority of the playing time with Lynch out, and when Lynch is healthy he should be on the field with him. This guy provides us with an opportunity to get a mismatch on the field. Jackson and or Lynch lined up against a LB or S in pass coverage is a huge advantage to us. Unfortunately our fearless Offensive Coordinator is too inept to devise such a scheme.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by historypete
              Unfortunately our fearless Offensive Coordinator is too inept to devise such a scheme.
              While Fairchild is here, we have a problem.

Comment

• cocamide
                • Oct 2006

Up until now, I haven't had much of an opinion on the coaching staff. I've usually felt that the coaches know more than some message board posters on the Internet, but now, I'm not so sure. These coaches cannot evaluate talent, and they don't play to a players' strengths. For example, JP is not a pocket passer; he plays best when he's scrambling around, making plays with his feet and strong arm. So, what do the coaches do? They make him into a pocket passer, where he looks awkward and completely out of place.

Jackson looks awesome in preseason, but what do the coaches do about that? They let him ride the pine the whole season until injury forces them to go with the guy. He gets in, fights hard for yardage, and make some huge first downs. There is no reason Jackson shouldn't be our number two back.

I hate New England, but they sure do know how to get the most from their players. They use defensive players near the goal-line to catch touchdowns and wide receivers as corner backs. Why isn't Parrish getting more screens and quick slants? Every single game, we should throw deep to Evans within the first five plays to put the defense back on its heels. Why wasn't Lynch more involved in the passing game? Why can't we ever stop a 3rd and 10, but always seem to be able to stop 4th and 1? Why the hell are our coaches so inept at coaching?

Comment

• njsue
                  Jersey Girl!!!!!!
                  • Sep 2003

Speed Kills.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

It was SO obvious that FJ needs to be the #2 on the roster. A-Train may be great for Lynch in mentoring him and such, but FJ has much more skills and speed at this point in his career than the A-train does. The coaching staff needs to do what's right. Put in Edwards at QB and FJ as #2 RB and fire Fairchild and our team will be all the more better for it!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Fred The Man Jackson!!
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                        • Jun 2005

Imagine Jackson and Lynch in the backfield at the same time with Roscoe as one of the WRs. Damn that be great

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

I stated before we need to get the ball in Evans, Lynch, and Parrish's hands every play. Might as well throw Jackson into the mix as well.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Lynch's carries are high for a rookie and Id like to see us have a definited #2 option so Lynch can get more of a break, rather than being out there for alot of snaps.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

jackson looks good out in space. he doesn't look good running behind this oline in other games he's played in. great with the swing pass and dump offs. he's a little undersized to deal with our clump formations.

Overall, i like him, but i worry without better run blocking lanes, he's not a push for extra yards kind of guy without risk of injury.

Comment

Working...
                              X