PDA

View Full Version : Fred Jackson

Forward_Lateral
11-25-2007, 09:01 PM
It's clear that they need to get him in the game more, and figure out ways to get him the ball. I was very impressed by him, especially catching the ball.

Mad Bomber
11-25-2007, 09:18 PM
It's clear that they need to get him in the game more, and figure out ways to get him the ball. I was very impressed by him, especially catching the ball.
That makes too much sense for this pathetic coaching staff...

mybills
11-25-2007, 09:21 PM
I completely agree, F_L.
He does run better than ATrain, although I was impressed with AT's catching today and last week. He catches then runs better than he runs from the hand off.

LtBillsFan66
11-25-2007, 09:48 PM
He tore up preseason. Nice backup to have.

Oaf
11-25-2007, 10:28 PM
How come Atrain had catches today and Lynch has like 16 on the season?

Jackson kicked ass today.

historypete
11-25-2007, 11:00 PM
Jackson should be getting the majority of the playing time with Lynch out, and when Lynch is healthy he should be on the field with him. This guy provides us with an opportunity to get a mismatch on the field. Jackson and or Lynch lined up against a LB or S in pass coverage is a huge advantage to us. Unfortunately our fearless Offensive Coordinator is too inept to devise such a scheme.

Mitchy moo
11-25-2007, 11:22 PM
Unfortunately our fearless Offensive Coordinator is too inept to devise such a scheme.

While Fairchild is here, we have a problem.

cocamide
11-26-2007, 07:20 AM
Up until now, I haven't had much of an opinion on the coaching staff. I've usually felt that the coaches know more than some message board posters on the Internet, but now, I'm not so sure. These coaches cannot evaluate talent, and they don't play to a players' strengths. For example, JP is not a pocket passer; he plays best when he's scrambling around, making plays with his feet and strong arm. So, what do the coaches do? They make him into a pocket passer, where he looks awkward and completely out of place.

Jackson looks awesome in preseason, but what do the coaches do about that? They let him ride the pine the whole season until injury forces them to go with the guy. He gets in, fights hard for yardage, and make some huge first downs. There is no reason Jackson shouldn't be our number two back.

I hate New England, but they sure do know how to get the most from their players. They use defensive players near the goal-line to catch touchdowns and wide receivers as corner backs. Why isn't Parrish getting more screens and quick slants? Every single game, we should throw deep to Evans within the first five plays to put the defense back on its heels. Why wasn't Lynch more involved in the passing game? Why can't we ever stop a 3rd and 10, but always seem to be able to stop 4th and 1? Why the hell are our coaches so inept at coaching?

njsue
11-26-2007, 07:22 AM
Speed Kills.

mysticsoto
11-26-2007, 07:53 AM
It was SO obvious that FJ needs to be the #2 on the roster. A-Train may be great for Lynch in mentoring him and such, but FJ has much more skills and speed at this point in his career than the A-train does. The coaching staff needs to do what's right. Put in Edwards at QB and FJ as #2 RB and fire Fairchild and our team will be all the more better for it!!

DraftBoy
11-26-2007, 07:58 AM
Fred The Man Jackson!!

SquishDaFish
11-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Imagine Jackson and Lynch in the backfield at the same time with Roscoe as one of the WRs. Damn that be great

jamze132
11-26-2007, 08:08 AM
I stated before we need to get the ball in Evans, Lynch, and Parrish's hands every play. Might as well throw Jackson into the mix as well.

DraftBoy
11-26-2007, 08:10 AM
Lynch's carries are high for a rookie and Id like to see us have a definited #2 option so Lynch can get more of a break, rather than being out there for alot of snaps.

trapezeus
11-26-2007, 09:07 AM
jackson looks good out in space. he doesn't look good running behind this oline in other games he's played in. great with the swing pass and dump offs. he's a little undersized to deal with our clump formations.

Overall, i like him, but i worry without better run blocking lanes, he's not a push for extra yards kind of guy without risk of injury.

RockStar36
11-26-2007, 09:12 AM
A-Train has been getting on my nerves this season and even more after yesterday. I was really impressed with Jackson.

Tatonka
11-26-2007, 09:19 AM
atrain was workman like yesterday.. he actually impressed me to be honest.. that being said.. the difference in ability to move the ball on the short dump passes was apparent when they got jackson in the game at the end.

if jackson had all the catches that atrain had, im sure he would have doubled if not more what atrain did with them.

RockStar36
11-26-2007, 09:21 AM
atrain was workman like yesterday.. he actually impressed me to be honest.. that being said.. the difference in ability to move the ball on the short dump passes was apparent when they got jackson in the game at the end.

if jackson had all the catches that atrain had, im sure he would have doubled if not more what atrain did with them.

There is no doubt that I like his effort and all that but I'd rather have production. I liked A-Train catching the ball but couldn't stand him running.

SquishDaFish
11-26-2007, 09:34 AM
His running looks like slo motion

DraftBoy
11-26-2007, 09:43 AM
jackson looks good out in space. he doesn't look good running behind this oline in other games he's played in. great with the swing pass and dump offs. he's a little undersized to deal with our clump formations.

Overall, i like him, but i worry without better run blocking lanes, he's not a push for extra yards kind of guy without risk of injury.

I disagree not once did Jackson get taken down for a loss and he was patient in waiting for a hole to open up. His one run on third down where he went down, and used his hand to hold himself up so he could spring forward for a few more yards was all effort on a between the tackles run.

The last buffalo fan
11-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Put in Edwards at QB and FJ as #2 RB and fire Fairchild and our team will be all the more better for it!!

:ill: I wish well to my guy JP, but he is clearly done here, also please add that stupid guy that some here dare to call OC.

Good post Mystic! :bf1:

trapezeus
11-26-2007, 10:38 AM
I disagree not once did Jackson get taken down for a loss and he was patient in waiting for a hole to open up. His one run on third down where he went down, and used his hand to hold himself up so he could spring forward for a few more yards was all effort on a between the tackles run.

He was good in this game. no doubt, but in a couple other spot appearences this season he had a tough time getting loose. i liked seeing him in open spaces this week. i'm not sure he can be consistant. i wouldn't throw him out, but i don't think he can shoulder the #1 responsibility with Lynch out.

Lynch and jackson and wright and jackson are good 1-2 punches.