PDA

View Full Version : We have 9 sacks so far as a team this year.....

Mitchy moo
11-25-2007, 09:11 PM
You'd think we could write in a clause that they cannot collect paychecks unless you perform to a certain level. I would safely say the only team worried about our pash rush left 3 years ago.

I am also so glad that we dropped $60M on Aaron, I'll be even glader when he is traded. If you think we are going to win averaging a sack a game, you need to get whipped with a sack of rocks.

hydro
11-25-2007, 09:17 PM
I wonder if his contract is all guaranteed money...

OpIv37
11-25-2007, 09:24 PM
I'm a big proponent of incentive laden contracts but there are two big obstacles: agents and the NFLPA. They want guaranteed money.

Some contracts do have performance bonuses- the LTBE and NTLBE's, etc- but the overwhelming majority is basically salary.

We have a ton of money tied up in Kelsay, Schobel, Tripplett and Denney for very little production. Denney's the only one of the bunch that earns his paycheck, and that's more because his salary is much lower.

I would have been more than happy with turning Kelsay loose and using Denney and Hargrove as the DE rotation.

Mitchy moo
11-25-2007, 09:25 PM
I wonder if his contract is all guaranteed money...

Knowing our guys, we already paid him in full with Denny's gifts certs.

Owen DeBoard
11-25-2007, 09:36 PM
How are you supposed to get sacks when you rush two and drop your d ends into coverage.

Mitchy moo
11-25-2007, 11:30 PM
How are you supposed to get sacks when you rush two and drop your d ends into coverage.

Blitz everyone??:brush:

djjimkelly
11-25-2007, 11:34 PM
I'm a big proponent of incentive laden contracts but there are two big obstacles: agents and the NFLPA. They want guaranteed money.

Some contracts do have performance bonuses- the LTBE and NTLBE's, etc- but the overwhelming majority is basically salary.

We have a ton of money tied up in Kelsay, Schobel, Tripplett and Denney for very little production. Denney's the only one of the bunch that earns his paycheck, and that's more because his salary is much lower.

I would have been more than happy with turning Kelsay loose and using Denney and Hargrove as the DE rotation.

biggest problem with incentive laden contracts is some positions how do u measure success.

like an OG how do u know hes had a great or bad year in cant be on sacks allowed it cant be on anything

some true shutdown corners dont get thrown at and dont get picks.

while other chumps thrown at million times and have 100 chances to get picks.
it would be way to subjective

djjimkelly
11-25-2007, 11:35 PM
still think this cover 2 scheme is solid it sucks. its a bend dont break D and it depends on your opponent screwing up to make stops.

IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!