PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady: Best QB Ever

BidsJr
11-25-2007, 10:23 PM
They throw even to run out the clock.

We can barely throw even when we are behind.

Unbelievable

Mitchy moo
11-25-2007, 10:25 PM
They throw even to run out the clock.

We can barely throw even when we are behind.

Unbelievable

If our opponent is under .500, we can throw. Any other time, that doesn't happen.

BidsJr
11-25-2007, 10:27 PM
If our opponent is under .500, we can throw. Any other time, that doesn't happen.

If we were playing Appalacian State we wouldn't throw to run out the clock.

Mr. Cynical
11-25-2007, 11:16 PM
Best QB ever? Not even close.

Ebenezer
11-25-2007, 11:21 PM
Best QB ever? Not even close.
when written, history might beg to differ with you

Mr. Cynical
11-25-2007, 11:29 PM
when written, history might beg to differ with you

History can differ all it wants, but he's not the best QB ever. Give any "good" QB 20 minutes to throw, a front office who makes genius acquisitions both in the draft and trades, an HC who creates brilliant gameplans (with or without cheating) and is a master motivator, an avg starting field position near midfield, etc., etc., and he will do just as well.

Very good? Yes. Best or great? Nope. He can't hold Favre's jock IMO.

jamesiscool
11-25-2007, 11:34 PM
does it matter who your gm is. you are putting up unheard of numbers and you are doin what you are doinf you are still on top of your game and have mastered the system that you are in.

he's still one of the best qb's to take the field in the history of the nfl.

Ebenezer
11-25-2007, 11:36 PM
History can differ all it wants, but he's not the best QB ever. Give any "good" QB 20 minutes to throw, a front office who makes genius acquisitions both in the draft and trades, an HC who creates brilliant gameplans (with or without cheating) and is a master motivator, an avg starting field position near midfield, etc., etc., and he will do just as well.

Very good? Yes. Best or great? Nope. He can't hold Favre's jock IMO.
I personally agree on Favre...however, TB has a really good chance at 5 or 6 rings...and if they keep that team together he might surpass some, if not all, of Favre records.

LtFinFan66
11-25-2007, 11:37 PM
It's easier to throw when you are running out the clock then it is when you are behind

running out clock: D expecting you to run
behind: D expecting you to pass

That being said, Brady can pretty much pass whenever he wants this year

Ebenezer
11-25-2007, 11:39 PM
It's easier to throw when you are running out the clock then it is when you are behind

do they need to run the ball??

LtFinFan66
11-25-2007, 11:40 PM
No

Ebenezer
11-25-2007, 11:42 PM
No
I wonder what the over/under is going to be on attempts against the Jets...

LtFinFan66
11-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Is that their next victim??

njsue
11-25-2007, 11:45 PM
Brett Farve is the best QB ever. He does not need to cheat to win!

Mr. Cynical
11-26-2007, 12:33 AM
does it matter who your gm is.

Um, yes. He drafts/trades for the players who surround the QB and he hires the coaches who gameplan and motivate those players. If all of that is done to perfection as it has been in NE, you could put any good NFL QB in there and they would be successful. Put a "very good" one in there (which I said I think Brady is) then he'll "look" great. But he's not the kind of great/elite QB that can carry a team like Favre, Elway or Marino.

Nobody is ever going to convince me he is a great QB.

Mr. Cynical
11-26-2007, 12:35 AM

Very good point. More reason I don't buy into the Brady hype. It's all situational and a confluence of perfect storms.

Mr. Cynical
11-26-2007, 12:36 AM
I personally agree on Favre...however, TB has a really good chance at 5 or 6 rings...and if they keep that team together he might surpass some, if not all, of Favre records.

If Brady surpasses Favre, it will be a sad, sad day. Not only is Favre a better QB, he's a better person/football player. He embodies all that is great about the NFL.

Ebenezer
11-26-2007, 12:47 AM
If Brady surpasses Favre, it will be a sad, sad day. Not only is Favre a better QB, he's a better person/football player. He embodies all that is great about the NFL.
why is he a better person and what does that have to do with football?

Mr. Cynical
11-26-2007, 12:51 AM
why is he a better person and what does that have to do with football?

It's my opinion, that's all.

Michael82
11-26-2007, 12:53 AM
Favre is better! :::

Ebenezer
11-26-2007, 01:18 AM
It's my opinion, that's all.
Brady fathered a child out of wedlock...Favre almost drank himself to death...I don't think either is a bad person.

Krisinu
11-26-2007, 02:21 AM

I love Favre as well, but I don't know why you would say he's a better person/player than Brady. Brady is an excellent player, he's got plenty of skill and intelligence. He's also very respective of his team and the opposing team, he gives credit to other teams during press conferences, you never see him taking a play out of TO's book, and he's loyal to his coaches and follow's their instructions. Favre does the same stuff although he's probably got more input nowadays when it comes to play selection and what not.
Both exuberate a childlike passion for the game which is fun to watch. They are both class acts, both deserve the hall of fame, and whoever winds up with whatever records when all is said and done will deserve them. They are both great representations for the NFL.

Owen DeBoard
11-26-2007, 05:02 AM
Farve doesnt cry like a little ***** when he doesnt get the calls like Brady. Also look who Farve has to throw to compared to Brady. And you can make a special case that Tom Brady is a dink and dunker after yesterdays game. Farve can make any throw on the field.

Ebenezer
11-26-2007, 05:05 AM
Farve doesnt cry like a little ***** when he doesnt get the calls like Brady. Also look who Farve has to throw to compared to Brady. And you can make a special case that Tom Brady is a dink and dunker after yesterdays game. Farve can make any throw on the field.
this is the first year Brady has any real quality to throw to

Owen DeBoard
11-26-2007, 05:37 AM
this is the first year Brady has any real quality to throw to
OK so tell me when Brett Farve has had any real quality to throw compared to Brady this year.

Ebenezer
11-26-2007, 05:44 AM
he had super quality in Sharpe and Freeman whose careers were cut short by injury. I was not knocking Favre, I have already stated in another thread that he is the best ever, just pointing out that Brady never had quality.

Mr. Cynical
11-26-2007, 09:18 AM
he had super quality in Sharpe and Freeman whose careers were cut short by injury. I was not knocking Favre, I have already stated in another thread that he is the best ever, just pointing out that Brady never had quality.

This year he's blowing out the numbers.

This year he has Moss, Stallworth, Welker.

That's not a coincidence.

Anyway, you're still saying Favre is the best ever so that's all I need to hear. :up:

Mr. Cynical
11-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Brady fathered a child out of wedlock...Favre almost drank himself to death...I don't think either is a bad person.
I didn't say either was perfect, but Favre's also gone through a ton more than Marcia. His wife's illness, death of his father/brother-in-law, etc., where he showed incredible strength and determination.

Anyway, let's take out/ignore my "better person" comment. It's clouding the issue.

Favre is a better QB, and IMO, has a better attitude/demeanor that Marcia. No one has Favre's childlike enthusiasm, which is a pure joy to watch. And for whatever reason, I just feel like he is very deserving of his success and genuinely like the guy.

Given the state of the Bills this season he's given me something positive to root for all the way. I want him to get another ring before he retires.

Luisito23
11-26-2007, 10:27 AM
I want him to get another ring before he retires.

I REALLY hope it happens this year against NE!!...That would just make my season....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

Mr. Cynical
11-26-2007, 10:31 AM
I REALLY hope it happens this year against NE!!...That would just make my season....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

Seriously - if Favre and the Pack have that "perfect game" and demolish the Cheatriots 38-10, I would be doing back flips. It wouldn't be like the Bills winning, but without a doubt it would be the second best thing to happen, because a) Favre is my all time fave QB, and b) I can't f****king stand that SOB Belicheat.

pats-were-right
11-26-2007, 11:32 AM
In terms of durability Favre is the best ever.

In terms of actual quarterbacking accomplishment. Top five? Maybe?

Dont drink the water
11-26-2007, 03:38 PM
What has this got to do with Buffalo Bills?

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-26-2007, 03:46 PM
Best QB ever, you guys are all wrong. Jim Kelly, duh!:rockout:

Owen DeBoard
11-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Im not trying to argue with you but Sharpe and Freeman dont hold a candle to Moss. Just think about the numbers Farve would have if they would have signed Moss which they were close to doing. On the other hand would Brady be having this so called best QB ever talk going on if he didnt have Moss to throw too? Farve is basically throwing to no names other than Driver.

Mike13
11-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Seriously - if Favre and the Pack have that "perfect game" and demolish the Cheatriots 38-10, I would be doing back flips. It wouldn't be like the Bills winning, but without a doubt it would be the second best thing to happen, because a) Favre is my all time fave QB, and b) I can't f****king stand that SOB Belicheat.
Yep I would ove to see that happens just to see the look on that douche's face.