PDA

View Full Version : Start looking at 2009 to begin rebuilding again

Mr. Cynical
11-25-2007, 11:22 PM
Given Marv's age, I'm betting he had a 3 year plan in mind to try and win it all one last time.

We're in year two of that plan and it's not happening.

Next year, we'll still have Dick and Co. for coaches, who as we all know suck. However Marv isn't going to can anyone since he's going to give them 3 years.

So, unless by some miracle we go all the way next year, my prediction is that Marv retires after the '08 season, and along with him goes Dick and Co. Ralph, if still alive, will then have to hire a new GM, who will in turn hire a new HC. That means '09 will be the first re-rebuilding year....again.

So, in a best case scenario, we're a contender in the 3rd year of the new '09 FO, meaning let's go Buffalo in '11.

Yay.

Mitchy moo
11-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Given Marv's age, I'm betting he had a 3 year plan in mind to try and win it all one last time.

Next year, we'll still have Dick and Co. for coaches, who as we all know suck. However Marv isn't going to can anyone since he's going to give them 3 years.

So, unless by some miracle we go all the way next year, my prediction is that Marv retires after the '08 season, and along with him goes Dick and Co. Ralph, if still alive, will then have to hire a new GM, who will in turn hire a new HC. That means '09 will be the first re-rebuilding year....again.

So, in a best case scenario, we're a contender in the 3rd year of the new '09 FO, meaning let's go Buffalo in '11.

Yay.

We play a weak NFC division next year and we look to be able to win 4 of 6 from our own so we have a decent shot of looking alot better next year.

historypete
11-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Jesus, I'm sick of rebuilding but you're probably right.

This is why they gotta let Edwards finish out the season. He needs the experience and the organization needs to know whether or not they need to draft a QB early, or just find a competant back-up for him while getting some playmakers to surround him with.

Ebenezer
11-25-2007, 11:35 PM

Yay.
put the blame where is should always go....Ralph.

njsue
11-25-2007, 11:47 PM
Please up grade the midget's on defense.

Undersized defense's get smoked.

Ebenezer
11-25-2007, 11:51 PM

improving the offense will keep the defense off the field...the defensive philosophy is predicated on the defense being on the field for short bursts of time...that isn't happening with this offense.

njsue
11-25-2007, 11:55 PM
I miss Nate Clemens.

Mitchy moo
11-25-2007, 11:57 PM
I miss Nate Clemens.

So does SF.

Kenny
11-26-2007, 12:16 AM
On defense we really need to find either a DT who can collapse the pocket, or find a DE who can rush the passer. This scheme wont work unless it can create pressure.

And hopefully we let TE start the rest of the season... let's see if he's capable of QB'ing this team.

njsue
11-26-2007, 12:26 AM
On defense we really need to find either a DT who can collapse the pocket, or find a DE who can rush the passer. This scheme wont work unless it can create pressure.

And hopefully we let TE start the rest of the season... let's see if he's capable of QB'ing this team.
Players will be jumping from Baltimore's sinking ship.

I would love to see Ray Lewis in a Bills Uniform. He brings it every game.

Ebenezer
11-26-2007, 12:29 AM
So does SF.
:roflmao:

Ebenezer
11-26-2007, 12:29 AM
Players will be jumping from Baltimore's sinking ship.

I would love to see Ray Lewis in a Bills Uniform. He brings it every game.
he's also old and would come at too high of a cost.

njsue
11-26-2007, 12:32 AM
he's also old and would come at too high of a cost.
The Bills defense need veteran leadership. Plus a real play maker.

I am sick of these midgets getting smoked every week.

djjimkelly
11-26-2007, 12:45 AM

and the midgets we have at wr.

Ebenezer
11-26-2007, 12:48 AM
that is more of a concern.

Historian
11-26-2007, 04:52 AM

I said it when they drafted Roscoe.

Good returner...but probably not big enough to play WR in this league on a consistant basis.

Every time I watch another team play, they all have at least one 6'5" WR.

We are still payng for Donahoe's hubris.

Ebenezer
11-26-2007, 04:59 AM
I said it when they drafted Roscoe.

I still say he was trying to please Willis and his agent with that pick.

YardRat
11-26-2007, 05:19 AM
97% of the league 're-builds' to a certain point every year. Hopefully we pick up a couple of contributors at key spots this off-season and can make a legitimate run in '08.

WR is at the top of the list IMO, as some of you have already mentioned.

Mr. Cynical
11-26-2007, 09:30 AM
I have to admit I don't think our oline is a major problem anymore. Slowly but surely I think they have finally gone beyond the high school level.

So if TE plays competently (which I think he can), w/ Lynch in the backfield, I agree - we need a jump ball WR to snatch balls in the end zone to jump start our offense.

Defensively we don't know what we've got really....too many injuries out of the gate. Still think we do need a run stuffing NT and a pass rushing DE. I think our DBs have done a pretty decent job considering....

colin
11-26-2007, 09:55 AM
if we sign lance briggs, get a DT and a corner our D will be 10 times better.

with trent as our starter, a year together for the qb, line, and rbs (all new or rookies!! we just did rebuild our O) and toss in a WR who can play big, our team will be much much better.

trapezeus
11-26-2007, 09:56 AM
good call mr cynical. i could see that happening. hopefully it doesn't play out like that.

Mr. Cynical
12-17-2008, 03:35 AM
good call mr cynical. i could see that happening. hopefully it doesn't play out like that.

unfortunately this is one time i wish i had been wrong.

Ebenezer
12-17-2008, 07:57 AM
unfortunately this is one time i wish i had been wrong.
there weren't too many people who were wrong.

Historian
12-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Cynical...you amaze me!

:posrep:

ScottLawrence
12-17-2008, 05:58 PM
Rebuilding doesn't take 3 years.

This is obviously seen in many teams this year.

Dickey has blown at least 3 games on his own this year.

This team needs to get rid of Jauron and bring in a head coach who knows how to win football games.....Something we haven't had in quite a while.

Mr. Cynical
12-17-2008, 06:25 PM
I dunno...imo, we need to flush the FO after this season, and then get a new QB (there, I said it, TE is not the answer) In that case, we'll need at least 2 years to get up to speed, and then *maybe* in the 3rd we could have a shot. Maybe.

Still, I have an awful feeling that Dick gets another year and we try again with TE, which means another year completely wasted, which means we're looking at '12 imho until we have a shot. :(