PDA

View Full Version : For all intents and purposes...

Bufftp
11-26-2007, 08:17 AM
For all intents and purposes, the J.P. era is over, and JP knows it too. Sure Dick might play him against <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on">Washington</st1:State> but that will be to let Edwards start the following Sunday against and easy <st1:City w:st="on">Miami</st1:City> team that will truly struggle in the cold <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> weather. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I have been a JP supporter and am sad to see his experiment in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> end in failure. If he ends up on another team next year I hope he does well. But is time to turn the page and root on the team with Edwards under center.<o:p></o:p>
Some thoughts on the game yesterday.<o:p></o:p>
Defense, a lost art no longer practiced in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City>.<o:p></o:p>
Opposing offensive co-coordinators that are smart and able to think outside of the box will devise 1<SUP>st</SUP> and 2cnd down plays to lose yards to set up 3<SUP>rd</SUP> and longs against this D.<o:p></o:p>
The fumble on the QB sneak was not JP’s fault. The O-line deserves the credit for that, not even being able to push forward for that 1.5 feet. As soon as you have the QB dodging round and looking for a few holes in a QB sneak you are set up for disaster.<o:p></o:p>
Those two interceptions by JP, no excuse just bad reads by the QB. <o:p></o:p>
O-line can pass block, and surprising not run block considering its size.<o:p></o:p>
Note to Dick, coaching not to lose as opposed to coaching to win will lose you more games than not.<o:p></o:p>
Well the Edwards experiment will begin in a game or two. Let’s hope the coaches don’t screw him up, and he can reach the potential many believe he has.<o:p></o:p>

HHURRICANE
11-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Yeah, what happens when JP starts and we somehow win the game in spite of him?

Does Trent remain on the bench?

Time to pull the plug, which means Jauron has to grow some nuts and tell the team that they are moving in a different direction.

OpIv37
11-26-2007, 08:27 AM
I'd rather relegate Edwards to back up and find a new starter in the off-season, but we do need to go in a different direction and for now, that means Edwards.

Get the kid on the field and trade JP for whatever we can get for him- if no one wants him, just cut him.

*Sigh- so much for Evans, Lynch, Peters, Poz etc. Their talent will be wasted while we groom a new QB.

Jan Reimers
11-26-2007, 08:30 AM
As far as game notes, I was surprised at Wright's lack of action, considering that A-Train ran like he had a load of cement in his pants.

Also, a couple of really mindless penalties - too many men on the field, and offsides on a kickoff - handed them 10 points.

Bufftp
11-26-2007, 08:31 AM
As far as game notes, I was surprised at Wright's lack of action, considering that A-Train ran like he had a load of cement in his pants.

Also, a couple of really mindless penalties - too many men on the field, and offsides on a kickoff - handed them 10 points.
Excellent points. You know it's going to be a long day when the Bobby April coached part of the team seems out of synch and ill prepared.

OpIv37
11-26-2007, 08:34 AM

yeah ST blew it.

Wright really cost himself an opportunity with that fumble against NE. I think to a large degree it's unfair- Wright had the ball well protected and in his outside arm- it was a great play by the NE defender coupled with a lucky bounce.

HHURRICANE
11-26-2007, 08:37 AM
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
The fumble on the QB sneak was not JP’s fault. The O-line deserves the credit for that, not even being able to push forward for that 1.5 feet. As soon as you have the QB dodging round and looking for a few holes in a QB sneak you are set up for disaster.<o:p></o:p>

JP is horrible at the QB sneak. The object is too "fall" forward, not crouch down and dive. He's done this numerous times. Blame the coaching staff for not correcting it, but it's not the first time that we've seen this.

I give him credit for the second effort. The fumble in some ways was a bad break, but you create your own luck.

mybills
11-26-2007, 08:43 AM
I'd rather relegate Edwards to back up and find a new starter in the off-season, but we do need to go in a different direction and for now, that means Edwards.

Get the kid on the field and trade JP for whatever we can get for him- if no one wants him, just cut him.

*Sigh- so much for Evans, Lynch, Peters, Poz etc. Their talent will be wasted while we groom a new QB.
100% agree.

Jan Reimers
11-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Oh, one more thing. Even Moorman has become no more than an average punter.

OpIv37
11-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Oh, one more thing. Even Moorman has become no more than an average punter.

mediocrity by osmosis.

Stay in Buffalo long enough and everyone starts to suck.

Bufftp
11-26-2007, 08:53 AM
JP is horrible at the QB sneak. The object is too "fall" forward, not crouch down and dive. He's done this numerous times. Blame the coaching staff for not correcting it, but it's not the first time that we've seen this.

I give him credit for the second effort. The fumble in some ways was a bad break, but you create your own luck.
Brother for the QB to fall down the line needs to have move forward. Yes that is an ideal way to do it. we haven't had a line able to accomplish that in years.

Blame the coaches for even calling it.