PDA

View Full Version : Derek Anderson vs AJ Feely

trapezeus
11-26-2007, 08:54 AM
i figure with JP's last three games, we are probably talking about new QB options. Yes Trent is a legitimate starter option for next year. His one legit knock was that he is injury prone (not that he has a weak arm. go look it up on predraft sites). So with that as a legit concern, and the fact everyone hates that JP was handed the job, the bills front office is going to have to go find some new Craig Nall's and perhaps a legit competitor.

That being said The two names above become options. And my opinion is this. If Anderson can be had relatively cheap, go for it. and stay away from feeley. he's good in good systems. the bills proved they don't have a system for weak talent. They need amazing talent to pull off their Offensive scheme. They've gotten away with it on defense though.

I just know feeley's name is going to be bandied about because of last night, but we saw him Miami. He was terrible. I think only reid understands him and he only played one good game this season. Anderson on the other hand has performed well for almost 2 seasons with not a lot of talent.

Opinions?

Forward_Lateral
11-26-2007, 08:56 AM
If they (The Bills brass) truly don't believe that Losman nor Edwards are the guy, then I'd seriously consider going after Anderson. The guy is still young, and makes mistakes, but he also makes some very good plays when the game is on the line. I think he's going to be a good QB in the NFL, and Cleveland would be stupid to let him go, IMO.

OpIv37
11-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Definite no on Feeley.

Anderson's an option but he's used to throwing to big WR's and TE's, so we'd need at least one big receiver and preferably a taller TE for him to be effective. He's worth it if we commit to bringing him the tools.

Regardless, I'd like to see an Edwards vs TBD FA QB competition in camp next year.

HHURRICANE
11-26-2007, 09:05 AM
Guys, Drek Anderson will not be available. Nice try.

Tatonka
11-26-2007, 09:07 AM
it really isnt going to matter who the qb is without some WR help and a f'n Tight end that can run better than a 5.0 40 yard dash

RockStar36
11-26-2007, 09:11 AM
If the Bills had Braylon Edwards or KEII than maybe Anderson would be an option and a good one.

But this will most likely me TE's team for a few years.

HHURRICANE
11-26-2007, 09:22 AM
it really isnt going to matter who the qb is without some WR help and a f'n Tight end that can run better than a 5.0 40 yard dash

Does it matter how fast the TE is when he's standing there wide open and your QB throws into double coverage?

Yes, the Bill need some WR help but the game yesterday was winnable and the only one to blame was the QB.

mybills
11-26-2007, 09:23 AM
"go find some new Craig Nall's"

:chuckle:

don137
If the Browns feel Quinn is ready they may keep Anderson around next year just as an insurance policy. My hunch is the lowest he will be had for once the Browns are ready to go with Quinn is a second rounder. I can't see the Browns letting Anderson go this off-season.

THATHURMANATOR
Why dont they give Edwards the rest of the games to see if he can cut it before we talk about bringing in another starter.

mybills
11-26-2007, 09:24 AM
They won't necessarily be a starter, but someone has to at least replace JP.

trapezeus
11-26-2007, 09:27 AM
JP isn't going to play another year here knowing he's not the starter or have a chance at it. so the bills have to bring someone in. whether its a token washed up vet to help trent along or some young underrated talent or one big name free agent to create some competition.

THATHURMANATOR
11-26-2007, 09:29 AM
They won't necessarily be a starter, but someone has to at least replace JP.
I don't think Anderson will want to leave his situation to be a backup. Feeley stinks.

HHURRICANE
11-26-2007, 09:29 AM
Why dont they give Edwards the rest of the games to see if he can cut it before we talk about bringing in another starter.

Yeah, we agree. Five games should give us a pretty good idea where Edwards stands.

Anderson isn't coming here to be a backup so Edwards would need to be pretty bad and I just don't see that happening.

I think he'll end up proving that he's worthy of the starting QB position.

I actually think Feeley makes sense as a backup but I thought he was signed long term in Philly.

THATHURMANATOR
11-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Yeah, we agree. Five games should give us a pretty good idea where Edwards stands.

Anderson isn't coming here to be a backup so Edwards would need to be pretty bad and I just don't see that happening.

I think he'll end up proving that he's worthy of the starting QB position.

I actually think Feeley makes sense as a backup but I thought he was signed long term in Philly.
:hi5:

And if Edwards stinks the joint up bring in Anderson to compete for starter.

djjimkelly
11-26-2007, 09:33 AM
i figure with JP's last three games, we are probably talking about new QB options. Yes Trent is a legitimate starter option for next year. His one legit knock was that he is injury prone (not that he has a weak arm. go look it up on predraft sites). So with that as a legit concern, and the fact everyone hates that JP was handed the job, the bills front office is going to have to go find some new Craig Nall's and perhaps a legit competitor.

That being said The two names above become options. And my opinion is this. If Anderson can be had relatively cheap, go for it. and stay away from feeley. he's good in good systems. the bills proved they don't have a system for weak talent. They need amazing talent to pull off their Offensive scheme. They've gotten away with it on defense though.

I just know feeley's name is going to be bandied about because of last night, but we saw him Miami. He was terrible. I think only reid understands him and he only played one good game this season. Anderson on the other hand has performed well for almost 2 seasons with not a lot of talent.

Opinions?

these guys looking like real NFL QB's is simple.

I WATCHED THE EAGLES THROW ALMOST EVERY DOWN AND NOT SADDLE THEIR QB WITH RUN 1st down lose 5 yards then run 2nd down make it 3rd and 10 and then send out QB to convert.

whether its losman or edwards our whole gameplan is flawed we run on most 1st and 2nd downs whether its working or not. then expect THE QB(DONT CARE WHICH ONE) to convert on 3rd and long.

u mention feeley having a solid game andy reid on a few drives had like 9 passes and 1 run.

THE NFL HAS BECOME A PASS FIRST RUN 2ND LEAGUE. and we are playing football like we are some power run team like the 72 dolphins.

OUR COACHING SUCKS

mybills
11-26-2007, 09:35 AM
I don't think Anderson will want to leave his situation to be a backup. Feeley stinks.
I don't think he will either, and that's not what I said.

HHURRICANE
11-26-2007, 09:40 AM
these guys looking like real NFL QB's is simple.

I WATCHED THE EAGLES THROW ALMOST EVERY DOWN AND NOT SADDLE THEIR QB WITH RUN 1st down lose 5 yards then run 2nd down make it 3rd and 10 and then send out QB to convert.

whether its losman or edwards our whole gameplan is flawed we run on most 1st and 2nd downs whether its working or not. then expect THE QB(DONT CARE WHICH ONE) to convert on 3rd and long.

OUR COACHING SUCKS

DID YOU ACTUALLY WATCH THE GAME???????????????

Feely made 10 yard passes in the middle of the field with the NE pass rush in his face all night. Madden even commented on it a 1000 times.

The only thing wrong with our offense is that we have a QB that can't stand in the pocket and make those throws.

One of the reasons that I knew JP was toast here was because our rookie came in and showed the ability to deliver the ball and not panic when the rush was coming in.

Did we lose yesterday because we had a conservative offense? Give me a break.

OpIv37
11-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Guys, Drek Anderson will not be available. Nice try.

I think he will. They're not going to pay him and Quinn. Something has to give.

Forward_Lateral
11-26-2007, 09:47 AM
I think he will. They're not going to pay him and Quinn. Something has to give.

Yup, just like Brees in San Diego.

Side note: What if McFlabb became available because the Eagles decided to stick with Feeley?

OpIv37
11-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Yup, just like Brees in San Diego.

Side note: What if McFlabb became available because the Eagles decided to stick with Feeley?

Interesting but I think McNabb is done. His body just isn't holding up.

However, there is one scenario where I would take him: If the Bills are convinced that Edwards is the future starter but he's just not ready yet and they need a vet to fill in.

HHURRICANE
11-26-2007, 09:53 AM
Interesting but I think McNabb is done. His body just isn't holding up.

However, there is one scenario where I would take him: If the Bills are convinced that Edwards is the future starter but he's just not ready yet and they need a vet to fill in.

I would take Craig nall over McNabb. He sucks and I wouldn't want to see that POS in a Bills uni ever. Talk about a locker room cancer.

trapezeus
11-26-2007, 09:57 AM
mcnabb didn't get it done with incredible talent, great defenses and a lights out receiver with whom he had chemistry with (at least for the first year)

chances are he's not going to do it past his prime, with no receiving threats, a struggling running game, and zero mobility.

OpIv37
11-26-2007, 10:03 AM
mcnabb didn't get it done with incredible talent, great defenses and a lights out receiver with whom he had chemistry with (at least for the first year)

chances are he's not going to do it past his prime, with no receiving threats, a struggling running game, and zero mobility.

good points, but beggars can't be choosers. Our options for 2008 QB currently look like Losman, Edwards, McNabb or Feely and Anderson.

Man, it just never gets any better for this franchise.

djjimkelly
11-26-2007, 10:04 AM
DID YOU ACTUALLY WATCH THE GAME???????????????

Feely made 10 yard passes in the middle of the field with the NE pass rush in his face all night. Madden even commented on it a 1000 times.

The only thing wrong with our offense is that we have a QB that can't stand in the pocket and make those throws.

One of the reasons that I knew JP was toast here was because our rookie came in and showed the ability to deliver the ball and not panic when the rush was coming in.

Did we lose yesterday because we had a conservative offense? Give me a break.

look im not only talking the jacksonville game ive been cursing about this all year.

OUR gameplan is flawed reagrdless of QB. we run then run then run some more whether its working or not.

for gods sake lynch goes out and then we start passing to the rbs the last couple weeks.

its gamplanning yes JP played like **** for 2 plays yesterday hell more then **** the first pick was a decent D play the second pick was inexcusable.

however the playcalls are a joke. the schemes are a joke.

im not making excuses for JP but im sick of hearing DICK say **** like we need to play error free.

no we need to play like a real football team and not play like we are scared to do anything.

we dont blitz becuz we dont want any CB in 1 on 1.
we dont pass full time becuz we need time of possession.
we play scared ****less and thats my point.
watch other teams play and they sure dont play scared. WE DO

djjimkelly
11-26-2007, 10:05 AM
good points, but beggars can't be choosers. Our options for 2008 QB currently look like Losman, Edwards, McNabb or Feely and Anderson.

Man, it just never gets any better for this franchise.

we need to draft brian brohm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats the answer!!!!!!!!!!!

OpIv37
11-26-2007, 10:15 AM
look im not only talking the jacksonville game ive been cursing about this all year.

OUR gameplan is flawed reagrdless of QB. we run then run then run some more whether its working or not.

for gods sake lynch goes out and then we start passing to the rbs the last couple weeks.

its gamplanning yes JP played like **** for 2 plays yesterday hell more then **** the first pick was a decent D play the second pick was inexcusable.

im not making excuses for JP but im sick of hearing DICK say **** like we need to play error free.

no we need to play like a real football team and not play like we are scared to do anything.

It was more than two plays where Losman struggled. He hit Royal in the feet on a screen when he was wide open. He threw short of the sticks on 3rd down at least 3 times. He missed Reed high and there was at least one other pass that he missed high.

I agree with all your points and with Fairchild, we're probably not going to win regardless of whether it's Edwards or Losman. But think about this: when has Losman EVER won a game for us? Maybe the Jacksonville game last year- that's it. He's expected to not lose the game and most of the time he can't do that.

It's time to move on and see if someone else can get the job done.

HHURRICANE
11-26-2007, 10:18 AM

Maybe the coaching staff is coaching like they have a team without alot of talent that has to play mistake free football.

Not trying to bust your nuts but this is not a very good football team. What players are going to Blitz and actually get to the QB? Lynch has dropped a bunch of balls that were thrown to him. Is Roscoe Parrish going to win the ball against the taller CB?

This team has holes because of Tom Donohoe. Look who's contributing, not TD players. This team, like Miami, is paying the price for decisions made in the past.

djjimkelly
11-26-2007, 10:19 AM
It was more than two plays where Losman struggled. He hit Royal in the feet on a screen when he was wide open. He threw short of the sticks on 3rd down at least 3 times. He missed Reed high and there was at least one other pass that he missed high.

I agree with all your points and with Fairchild, we're probably not going to win regardless of whether it's Edwards or Losman. But think about this: when has Losman EVER won a game for us? Maybe the Jacksonville game last year- that's it. He's expected to not lose the game and most of the time he can't do that.

It's time to move on and see if someone else can get the job done.

i am starting to let that thought into my head someone else is needed.

but im of mindset of something real simple.

NEW HC NEW QB NEW EVERYTHING NEW SCHEME ON D

becuz these guys all suck

trapezeus
11-26-2007, 10:19 AM
true, perhaps there is some #2 guy somewhere else that is just under appreciated.... a favre like story.

I can't take mcnabb with his contract and his bledsoe like boneheadedness saying, "i'm still the man, and i expect to be paid and treated like a starter" while his skills deteriotate in front of us.