PDA

View Full Version : Just a hypothetical

Devin
11-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Would you be dissapointed if the Bills drafted a guy like Dan Connor at OLB?

Crowell-Poz-Connor

Not advocating it or anything just asking. Solidifying our LB corps for awhile, and I dont think anyone can argue it isnt a need.

And yes I am aware we have other needs, but on this team short of Punter and RB everything is a need.

Thoughts?

Romes
11-26-2007, 12:21 PM
I wouldn't mind.

Actually, while watching the Jags game, I began to contemplate jumping on the draft a OLB bandwagon...or maybe starting the bandwagon.

patmoran2006
11-26-2007, 12:23 PM
I dont know enough about him yet.

Personally, WITHOUT knowing enough about him, I think we can be good with POZ on the outside and DiGiorgio in the middle. But of course an upgrade would be nice, just not sure if it should be a first round priority.

DraftBoy
11-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Not a bad option esp if Kelly, Ellis, and Dorsey are gone

Devin
11-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Not a bad option esp if Kelly, Ellis, and Dorsey are gone

That was partly my thinking, I counted on Dorsey/Ellis not being avail.

Dr. Lecter
11-26-2007, 12:33 PM
I dont know enough about him yet.

Personally, WITHOUT knowing enough about him, I think we can be good with POZ on the outside and DiGiorgio in the middle. But of course an upgrade would be nice, just not sure if it should be a first round priority.

I agree with Pat.

#2 WR, TE, DT, and CB are so much higher on my list, LB is an after thought. Some of those positions might be addressed in FA, but not all.

Although, with what I have seen. I would love to see Laurenitas in a Bills uniform.

EDS
11-26-2007, 12:36 PM
I would much rather upgrade the interior of the defensive line. Such a critical need they may need to get creative to get someone to fill that huge hole.

Ellison has played like crap though and I am not sure Poz has the speed the ability to play on the outside.

DraftBoy
11-26-2007, 12:38 PM
I agree with Pat.

#2 WR, TE, DT, and CB are so much higher on my list, LB is an after thought. Some of those positions might be addressed in FA, but not all.

Although, with what I have seen. I would love to see Laurenitas in a Bills uniform.

I think James is going be strictly a MLB, and I dont know is Poz is best suited to move outside in the NFL.

Forward_Lateral
11-26-2007, 01:12 PM
I think there are too many holes on D and LB is not one of them. With Crowell, Digi, Ellison and Poz fighting for 3 spots, I don't see much point in drafting another LB.

I probably wouldn't complain about Connor, but I don't think it would be the smartest of picks.

dannyek71
11-26-2007, 01:15 PM
what about crowell, POZ (MLB), Digorgio

dannyek71
11-26-2007, 01:16 PM
I think there are too many holes on D and LB is not one of them. With Crowell, Digi, Ellison and Poz fighting for 3 spots, I don't see much point in drafting another LB.

I probably wouldn't complain about Connor, but I don't think it would be the smartest of picks.

Agreed. Ellsion is not the greatest LB by any means, but I think we have bigger holes to fill (WR)

Mahdi
11-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Would you be dissapointed if the Bills drafted a guy like Dan Connor at OLB?

Crowell-Poz-Connor

Not advocating it or anything just asking. Solidifying our LB corps for awhile, and I dont think anyone can argue it isnt a need.

And yes I am aware we have other needs, but on this team short of Punter and RB everything is a need.

Thoughts?
I wouldn't give up our top pick at a position where we are very deep. When Poz comes back we will already have a good battle at LB with the top 4. Plus this draft will have a lot of good players at LB and for our defense its always easy to find a LB who is a great fit without spending a high pick. Examples are Vince Hall and Xavier Adibi who would be great fits and can be had in the second round.

Mr. Pink
11-26-2007, 01:23 PM
To be completely honest, this would be a blunder of Mike Williams/Roscoe Parrish/Willis McGahee proportions. No matter if Connor produced on the field, we have far more pressing needs than another LBer.

IMO

bigbub2352
11-26-2007, 01:36 PM
I am really hoping we look to sigh Carlos Dansby from AZ, he is badass and big for a LBer, or Briggs, but knowing this FO we will be looking for replacements from within, or the draft in that case Connor would be great, i would be happy to get him

baalworship
11-26-2007, 03:15 PM
This team has bigger needs.

I would advocate for getting some weapons on offense, especially a big WR or TE first.

If we were to address D we should look for pass-rushing DT's and DE's and CB's to match up with Pats before LB.

ZacGriffi~82
11-26-2007, 03:18 PM
We won't match up with the pats until we get a new scheme.

Forward_Lateral
11-26-2007, 03:19 PM
I really hope they get Bryan Johnson from Zona. The guy is huge, has great hands, and can be a legit #2 WR beside Evans. He's stuck behind 2 great WRs with the Cards, and I bet he'd jump at the chance to start.

superbills
11-26-2007, 03:54 PM
It wouldn't be the ideal pick, IMO, but I wouldn't mind it considering that I'm tired of watching Crowell make mental mistakes. I remember back in training camp when he was constantly being yelled at for being in the wrong place. Now, we're still seeing him get sucked into the wrong gap in games.

It's a mental thing that I think can be corrected, but it's still a concern nonetheless. Having a guy like Connor to fall back on would certainly ease my mind.

HAMMER
11-26-2007, 06:01 PM
You can never have too many good LB's.

YardRat
11-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Depends on who's left on the board when we draft. If there's a stud D-lineman or WR available that is widely projected by football people to be at that value and we pass one of them up for Connor I'd be disappointed.

Devin
11-26-2007, 10:56 PM
I wouldn't give up our top pick at a position where we are very deep. When Poz comes back we will already have a good battle at LB with the top 4. Plus this draft will have a lot of good players at LB and for our defense its always easy to find a LB who is a great fit without spending a high pick. Examples are Vince Hall and Xavier Adibi who would be great fits and can be had in the second round.

we are very deep at LB? When the hell did that happen?

Devin
11-26-2007, 10:56 PM
16. Buffalo Bills - Dan Connor, LB, Penn State
This feels awfully low for Connor to go in the draft, but he would be a great value pick for the Bills at this position. Through ten games, no linebacker has more than one sack for Buffalo. Connor is a versatile LB who could either play MLB or OLB and would be a likely day one starter for the Bills.

http://www.draftking.com/nfl/2008/mockdraft.shtml

Was just posted in the Scouting zone. I tend to agree.