Camp Marv returns? Bills healthier as GW tones it down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Camp Marv returns? Bills healthier as GW tones it down.

LG Ruben Brown (knee), LT Jonas Jennings (ankle), RG Jerry Ostroski (knee), G Corey Hulsey (knee sprain) and DT Leif Larsen (groin) all missed practice Wednesday.

There were 50 players who didn't miss a single practice during training camp, which Gregg Williams said was almost double last year's total.

"One of our biggest objectives was breaking camp with as few injuries as possible, and we've done that," Williams said.

From today's Buffalo News

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• HenryRules
    • Jul 2002

That's good news. I think its partially due to GW running an easier camp, but I also think the players came in knowing what to expect this year and were in better shape beforehand because of it.
    One thing that's puzzled me though, while most positions have remained almost entirely injury-free, our lineman seem to get injured quite often. Is this normal for most NFL camps or just ours?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

I think those pleated shorts calmed him down. Brought out his feminine side.

Comment

• Pride
        • Jul 2002

I think that last year had to happen. Last year was a wake up call to all of the players that it was his way or the highway. I think it worked

Even if every player did just a little more to stay in shape, that is worth it.

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HenryRules
          That's good news. I think its partially due to GW running an easier camp, but I also think the players came in knowing what to expect this year and were in better shape beforehand because of it.
          One thing that's puzzled me though, while most positions have remained almost entirely injury-free, our lineman seem to get injured quite often. Is this normal for most NFL camps or just ours?
          The thing that worries me is starting now. From now til the end of the year, the Bills practice and play all home games on that crappy turf. That's where the injuries really occur.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Buffarama
            Football-Sport of the Gods
            • Jul 2002

Actually I hear there are going to practice on the new flubber turf in their practice field. I can't think of the name of it.

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun

The thing that worries me is starting now. From now til the end of the year, the Bills practice and play all home games on that crappy turf. That's where the injuries really occur.
              That is a great point! Damn turf causes so many problems. Did anyone catch the Monday Night game in Denver this week. Denver introduced a new sod that is half synthetic and half real grasses. very interesting. It's said to not require the same attention that grass requires yet it has the stabilty of turf without that hard impact.

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE

That is a great point! Damn turf causes so many problems. Did anyone catch the Monday Night game in Denver this week. Denver introduced a new sod that is half synthetic and half real grasses. very interesting. It's said to not require the same attention that grass requires yet it has the stabilty of turf without that hard impact.
                Sounds a lot like what the Ravens have been playing on and very similar to Field Turf that so many teams are switching to.
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                  I think those pleated shorts calmed him down. Brought out his feminine side.
                  Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                  X