with TE, can we just agree to not bicker about him...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

with TE, can we just agree to not bicker about him...

Bill walsh said it takes 20 starts to know what you have. That accounts for late bloomers as well. so let's give the kid some slack. he's our guy for the near future of at least this season and next. let's give him the support and see if he proves to be as good as touted.

the first couple games may be brutal.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: with TE, can we just agree to not bicker about him...

If he plays out the season, that'll be nine-plus games, which is about what JP got in 2005.

So Trent's third year, meaning full accountability, no excuses and rejection if he fails, is 2009.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• dannyek71
      Drink Responsibly
      • Dec 2004

I agree that we should all get behind TE. I was a big JP supporter, but he is done in Buf.

I believe the problem will occur in a couple of games when TE gets sacked when JP would have got away with his legs, or when TE makes a bad throw and we all believe JP would have made the throw with his arm.

TE is weak where JP is strong, and vice versa.
      [

Comment

• Elminster
        #1 Kelsay Fan
        • Oct 2006

I wish we could've made such a pledge with Losman. People were calling him a bust pretty much when we drafted him. Stupid TD and his hype machine. I will not refrain from criticism, but Trent deserves a fair shot: hopefully minus the crap Losman had to deal with during his tenure here. The first thing I hope for is that he gets at least a new OC for Christmas.
        Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dannyek71
          I agree that we should all get behind TE. I was a big JP supporter, but he is done in Buf.

I believe the problem will occur in a couple of games when TE gets sacked when JP would have got away with his legs, or when TE makes a bad throw and we all believe JP would have made the throw with his arm.

TE is weak where JP is strong, and vice versa.
          It's hard to think of anything bad any QB could do and think, "JP wouldn't have done that." When it comes to mistakes, JP's done it all.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
            he's our guy for the near future of at least this season and next. .
            He's not our guy next season. Trent was JP's fallback. We also need a fallback in case Trent isn't the guy. We need to bring someone else to compete with Trent. He has the rest of this season to audition for next season.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• dannyek71
              Drink Responsibly
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Philagape
              It's hard to think of anything bad any QB could do and think, "JP wouldn't have done that." When it comes to mistakes, JP's done it all.
              I agree, JP is NOT the qb to lead us to the SB or even play offs. But he does make good plays with his legs, and does have a good arm. That is where TE really struggles. JP makes stupid mistakes and inaccurate short passes, which is where TE shines.
              [

Comment

• dannyek71
                Drink Responsibly
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                He's not our guy next season. Trent was JP's fallback. We also need a fallback in case Trent isn't the guy. We need to bring someone else to compete with Trent.
                Gilbran Hamdam if he isnt deported.
                [

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

I give him 3 games before screaming for Gibran Hamdan.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

So Trent's third year, meaning full accountability, no excuses and rejection if he fails, is 2009.
                    BS.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dannyek71
                      Gilbran Hamdam if he isnt deported.

we need another option as well.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        BS.
                        You want to go through a new QB every year and a half?

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

i'm pretty anti JP these days. but from the start through last year and in the preseason, i gave him a chance. The guy is a likable guy. and we all agreed he needed to play like he did at the end of last year and better. and he fell well short of that.

Now Edwards is a true rookie. He's going to go up and down and somewhere find his game.

we can be critical of him and complain, but don't call for his head until the end of next season if he proves to be injury prone, or shows a pattern of weakness. don't throw him out every game that he has some bad stats or can't score.

HE'S A ROOKIE!

Comment

• MarshawnIsDaMan
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus
                            Bill walsh said it takes 20 starts to know what you have. That accounts for late bloomers as well. so let's give the kid some slack. he's our guy for the near future of at least this season and next. let's give him the support and see if he proves to be as good as touted.

the first couple games may be brutal.
                            I agree. TE has already shown some really positive signs in his first few starts. Sure, there are alot he has to work on. As far as a rookie, he was leap years ahead of Losman and most rookie QB's. Just as long as TE continuously moves forward and not take steps back like JP did, I think we will be all right.
                            The Bills havent made the playoffs since I graduated high school. Lets please make it before Im 30.

This is the next superstar RB

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

You want to go through a new QB every year and a half?
                              If need be or at least no one qb is annointed the qb . Every qb should be on a short leash. There should always be competition in every position in a win NOW league.

Whoever we bring in as Trents competition should get a legit shot at qb just like Derek Anderson was for Frye. Best player starts. No more investing 3-4 years on any qb regardless of how, who or where he was drafted
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X