PDA

View Full Version : I dont want Edwards as our Future but im glad he's starting...

Mahdi
11-26-2007, 01:22 PM
This staff obviously never believed in JP and only held out hope he would be the one but with his inconsistency which should or shouldnt be blamed on the lack of talent on offense they decided to go back to Edwards. I actually like this a lot because now we can use this season to weed out our QB situation. Trent has 5 games to prove that he can make the throws necessary at the NFL level in the cold and wind of Buffalo. If he can, Great! Then we have our QB, if not then we can look forward to the draft and hopefully grabbing....

Andre Woodson!

Ickybaluky
11-26-2007, 02:10 PM
I could see Woodson being this year's Jamarcus Russell, rising up draft boards like a meteor. He is big, has a strong arm and is accurate. He will test great and look the part.

The questions about him are having only one good season and how he will improve reading defenses. However, those are the same concerns Russell had and they didn't hold him back.

The Answer
11-26-2007, 02:13 PM
This staff obviously never believed in JP and only held out hope he would be the one but with his inconsistency which should or shouldnt be blamed on the lack of talent on offense they decided to go back to Edwards. I actually like this a lot because now we can use this season to weed out our QB situation. Trent has 5 games to prove that he can make the throws necessary at the NFL level in the cold and wind of Buffalo. If he can, Great! Then we have our QB, if not then we can look forward to the draft and hopefully grabbing....

Andre Woodson!

We're not drafting a QB on day one again even if Edwards looks worse than Losman the last few games. We could draft on in the 6th or 7th round though.

If anything we will sign another veteran to compete with Edwards in training camp.

~The Answer

raphael120
11-26-2007, 02:17 PM
You don't WANT Edwards to be our next QB?!?

What the hell kinda talk is that? You WANT him to fail?

I know you're a JP licker now, but to be so blatant...?

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-26-2007, 02:20 PM
We're not drafting a QB on day one again even if Edwards looks worse than Losman the last few games. We could draft on in the 6th or 7th round though.

If anything we will sign another veteran to compete with Edwards in training camp.

~The Answer
Your right. We are not drafting a QB on day one or maybe not at all. I think this staff is going to give Edwards his shot. We will sign a veteran in the offseason to fill the #2 and keep Hamdan as #3. Im not sure what FA veteran QB's are going to be out there after this year. I say, bring in Grandpa Testerverde!! ( j/k )

mybills
11-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Grandpa Testie? :rofl: Maybe Bledsoe will come out of retirement. :chuckle:

Ingtar33
11-26-2007, 02:55 PM
the guy pushing the Andre Woodson bandwagon is mel kiper.. which is about all you need to know.

Kiper looks at Woodson and sees Vince Young.

I'll put it out this way. Woodson is no Vince Young, he's more like the poor mans version of VY

Mitchy moo
11-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Grandpa Testie? :rofl: Maybe Bledsoe will come out of retirement. :chuckle:

Great grandpa now!!

The Answer
11-26-2007, 02:58 PM
the guy pushing the Andre Woodson bandwagon is mel kiper.. which is about all you need to know.

I'll put it out this way. Woodson is no Vince Young, he's more like the poor mans version of VY

The Answer was on the VY bandwagon but his play has been very losmanesque the last few weeks.....

~The Answer

OpIv37
11-26-2007, 02:59 PM

Vince Young is no Vince Young. He's overrated.

Jan Reimers
11-26-2007, 03:01 PM
I hope Edwards plays great for the next ten years. He certainly has the potential.

We have so many other needs, that I would hate to see us have to waste a high pick on a QB.

justasportsfan
11-26-2007, 03:04 PM
I hope Trent is the next Brees. Both drafted in the 3rd rd.

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-26-2007, 03:06 PM
I hope Trent is the next Brees. Both drafted in the 3rd rd.
Im pretty sure Brees was drafted in the 2nd. He was the additional pick with the Vick trade. SD got Brees and Tomlinson that year.

The Answer
11-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Im pretty sure Brees was drafted in the 2nd. He was the additional pick with the Vick trade. SD got Brees and Tomlinson that year.

Correct - he was a high 2nd. Forget Brees though, let's hop that The Young Gun is the next Tom Brady. He's already drawn a lot of comparisons to him.

~The Answer

HHURRICANE
11-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Just the thought of not listening to gay boy do his loser press conference has me excited about our future.

Mitchy moo
11-26-2007, 03:09 PM
http://buffalobills.com/multimedia/index.jsp?file_300=http%3A%2F%2Fplay%2Erbn%2Ecom%2F%3Furl%3Dnfl%2Fnfl%2Fopen%2Fbills%2Fwmdemand%2Fpressconferences%2F112607edwards%2Ewmv%26proto%3Dmms%3Fmswmext%3D%2Easx

GO TRENT!!

justasportsfan
11-26-2007, 03:15 PM
you're right. 2nd rd.

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Just the thought of not listening to gay boy do his loser press conference has me excited about our future.
You wont have to hear the word " ummmmm " a million times either.

Mitchy moo
11-26-2007, 03:20 PM
You wont have to hear the word " ummmmm " a million times either.

TE is well spoken.

John Doe
11-26-2007, 03:27 PM
I don't see why some people are sure that Edwards won't make it.

His first game against the Jets and his game against the Ravens impressed me, big time.

There is the possibility that he will bust, but based on those performances alone, there should be a very positive attitude towards him.

The Answer
11-26-2007, 03:28 PM
TE is well spoken.

The education system is much better in Northern Cali (Los Gatos) than in Southern Cali (Venice Beach).

~The Answer

im4bflo
11-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Dink and dunk, and don't throw picks and he'll do for now.
If he can do more than that, then all your :yap: won't be going out my
other ear! GO EDWARDS!

Mitchy moo
11-26-2007, 03:30 PM

His first game against the Jets and his game against the Ravens impressed me, big time.

There is the possibility that he will bust, but based on those performances alone, the should be a very positive attitude towards him.

I would say it's a personal self defense mechanism and the fear of the unknown mixed.

The Answer
11-26-2007, 03:30 PM

There is the possibility that he will bust, but based on those performances alone, the should be a very positive attitude towards him.

It's the die hard Losman homers that are saying this garbage - in fact it's pretty scary that some people are so attached to not only one of the worst starting QB's in franchise history, but the entire NFL history.

Even Rob Johnson beat a few good teams in Buffalo!!

~The Answer

Mitchy moo
11-26-2007, 03:37 PM
It's the die hard Losman homers that are saying this garbage - in fact it's pretty scary that some people are so attached to not only one of the worst starting QB's in franchise history, but the entire NFL history.

~The Answer

Rob Johnson beat weak teams as well.

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-26-2007, 03:41 PM

~The Answer
Its almost like they are more Losman fan's than Bills fans.

The Answer
11-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Its almost like they are more Losman fan's than Bills fans.

Either that or Losman himself and Lee Evans signed up on various bills message boards with multiple aliases to troll.

~The Answer

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Either that or Losman himself and Lee Evans signed up on various bills message boards with multiple aliases to troll.

~The Answer
The only thing I can say good about Losman is that his mom is a MILF. I live in Souther California and I went to a Bills Bar where she watches the Bills game in Santa Monica. Wow, she is like 45 but has the body of a 25 year old.

im4bflo
11-26-2007, 03:54 PM
The only thing I can say good about Losman is that his mom is a MILF. I live in Souther California and I went to a Bills Bar where she watches the Bills game in Santa Monica. Wow, she is like 45 but has the body of a 25 year old.

I'll second that! I saw her too, and she's smokin'! :hump::hubba:

Mahdi
11-26-2007, 04:14 PM

Im not a licker at all actually,,,, i just want a playmaker at QB,,,, in other words a good QB!

Mahdi
11-26-2007, 04:21 PM

Did u read my post at all? just curious because it doesnt seem like it....

Mahdi
11-26-2007, 04:23 PM

I have no problems with Edwards, he's smart, calm in the pocket, and precise. BUT he lacks a strong arm and doesnt make the tough throws. Has anyone seen him make an impressive throw yet that made you say,,,wow that was a great throw?? I havent. But hey if he starts making them then great, we wont need a QB.

The Answer
11-26-2007, 04:27 PM
I have no problems with Edwards, he's smart, calm in the pocket, and precise. BUT he lacks a strong arm and doesnt make the tough throws. Has anyone seen him make an impressive throw yet that made you say,,,wow that was a great throw?? I havent. But hey if he starts making them then great, we wont need a QB.

Your kidding right?

In his limited playing time, he's made a ton of perfect NFL throws that losman could never make. Also all of this 'he don't have a strong arm' stuff is more typical losmanite garbage. He most certainly has a big arm and you'll find that out real soon when he's throwing the ball in bad weather over this next month.

~Th eAnswer

John Doe
11-26-2007, 04:27 PM

I saw plenty of really good throws in the games I mentioned and in the preseason.

Edwards' arm is plenty good.

I also saw some real generalship on the field, drawing the Ravens off-side and running the no-huddle. Really impressive for a rookie.

I just don't see why anyone at this point would not be looking forward to see this kid get a shot at starting.

shelby
11-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Hopefully Trent will be like a breath of fresh air for the offense.

i am looking forward to watching his progression for the rest of the season.

Now we just need to pray he isn't injured again.

Good luck Trent!

Mahdi
11-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Your kidding right?

In his limited playing time, he's made a ton of perfect NFL throws that losman could never make. Also all of this 'he don't have a strong arm' stuff is more typical losmanite garbage. He most certainly has a big arm and you'll find that out real soon when he's throwing the ball in bad weather over this next month.

~Th eAnswer
Can you refresh my memory of these throws..... I havent seen them. The one throw he made that was somewhat tough was the one against Baltimore to Evans,,, other than that I dont recall any.

Mitchy moo
11-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Maybe Trent can run a no huddle offense again, they trusted him with it before.

Mahdi
11-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Maybe Trent can run a no huddle offense again, they trusted him with it before.
Yeah that was pretty impressive.... the kid definitely has the smarts,,,, I just hope he can show us that he has the ability to throw those 15 yard outs on a rope and the skinny post in traffic.

Mitchy moo
11-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Yeah that was pretty impressive.... the kid definitely has the smarts,,,, I just hope he can show us that he has the ability to throw those 15 yard outs on a rope and the skinny post in traffic.

I have no way to confirm it but I cannot remember a rookie QB a few games into his career effectively running a full-time no huddle offense. You can correct me if I am wrong but dang, that is not easy.