PDA

View Full Version : Do you think our run blocking would be better...

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-26-2007, 03:26 PM
I have watched our run blocking this year quite a bit and couldn't figure out why our Big, gianormous line gets penetrated on. I have seen Melvin Fowler get pushed consistently in the backfield. I played WR so I don't know about blocking inside the trenches but I have been told by people who do know that it starts with the center in run blocking. I don't know. So if we get a adequate center in the offseason, do you think we improve drastically? Is Fowler the big problem? What are your thoughts.

OpIv37
11-26-2007, 03:29 PM
he's definitely a problem and probably the weakest link in our current line.

Mitchy moo
11-26-2007, 03:32 PM
he's definitely a problem and probably the weakest link in our current line.

No doubt, I almost think drafting a good center early is as big a need as WR now, fowler is a walking goner.

Mr. Pink
11-26-2007, 03:32 PM
I've stated this since we signed the guy. I remember how useless he was as a member of the Browns.

Unfortunately the FA class at C isn't that great. Wiegmann, Newberry and maybe Faine and Wade. Faine and Wade are believed to have an opt out if they want.

Faine would be a good upgrade. The other three? eh, who knows.

I've also heard the draft is weak at the C position.

The same problem Lynch can't run well is the same reason Willis couldn't and it starts in the middle.

The Answer
11-26-2007, 03:33 PM
I have watched our run blocking this year quite a bit and couldn't figure out why our Big, gianormous line gets penetrated on. I have seen Melvin Fowler get pushed consistently in the backfield. I played WR so I don't know about blocking inside the trenches but I have been told by people who do know that it starts with the center in run blocking. I don't know. So if we get a adequate center in the offseason, do you think we improve drastically? Is Fowler the big problem? What are your thoughts.

We haven't had a dominant center since the days of Kent Hull - yet another reason our oline has been terrible or average at best the last 10 years.

~The Answer

Pinkerton Security
11-26-2007, 06:07 PM
imagine our line with a dominant Center making the line calls....ooh how sweet it would be

YardRat
11-26-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm with Op...Fowler is the weak link of the line and I would consider the center position a bigger off-season priority than DT or DE.

Mel just gets pushed around too much.