PDA

View Full Version : Trent thinks it's JP's fault!!!

HHURRICANE
11-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Hilarious. Go to BB.com and listen to the Trent interview.

When asked if agrees that the problems on offense go beyond QB he went "euuuuuuhhh, uhhhhh, long pause." It's hilarious.

I guess he thinks it's JP.

superbills
11-26-2007, 03:48 PM

When asked if agrees that the problems on offense go beyond QB he went "euuuuuuhhh, uhhhhh, long pause." It's hilarious.

Well, at least he's honest. I'm waiting for the Evans comments about Losman being at a disadvantage due to the QB changes, etc. Hopefully, he'll keep his mouth shut and remember that he couldn't get open even once to help his boy out against Jacksonville.

Novacane
11-26-2007, 04:51 PM
He got open. JP just did not see him. I don't know why Evans is such a JP pimp. He's had 1 big game with Losman. Many of the others he was invisible

YardRat
11-26-2007, 04:54 PM
Edwards is in no position to call anybody out until he straps it on with his teammates on the field again, and I'd guess he's smart enough to understand that.

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-26-2007, 04:58 PM
Edwards is in no position to call anybody out until he straps it on with his teammates on the field again, and I'd guess he's smart enough to understand that.
I havent seen/heard the interview but is he really calling JP out or did just know how to answer that question right off the top of his head?

HHURRICANE
11-26-2007, 05:03 PM
I havent seen/heard the interview but is he really calling JP out or did just know how to answer that question right off the top of his head?

I listened to it a bunch of times and it just seemed like maybe he and some of his teammates had already discussed the topic.

The one big difference that I have seen with JP is that he'll blame the line, the playcalling, etc. Edwards is quick to take accountability for mistakes and not blame others so maybe he was stuck for an answer.

It's funny none the less.

Jeff1220
11-26-2007, 05:08 PM
I admit I haven't heard it, but if he's trying to be funny, it could be that he's turning the question around on himself. After all, if it is all on JP, then it could also end up being all on him. The "Euuhh, uhhhh" thing could be recognition of that. In that regard, I think we are looking way too deeply into this (as usual).

HHURRICANE
11-26-2007, 05:12 PM
I admit I haven't heard it, but if he's trying to be funny, it could be that he's turning the question around on himself. After all, if it is all on JP, then it could also end up being all on him. The "Euuhh, uhhhh" thing could be recognition of that. In that regard, I think we are looking way too deeply into this (as usual).

I'm thinking that you should listen to it before you comment on it. Just a thought.

He wasn't trying to be funny.

http://www.buffalobills.com/multimedia/index.jsp?file_300=http%3A%2F%2Fplay%2Erbn%2Ecom%2F%3Furl%3Dnfl%2Fnfl%2Fopen%2Fbills%2Fwmdemand%2Fpressconferences%2F112607edwards%2Ewmv%26proto%3Dmms%3Fmswmext%3D%2Easx

Jeff1220
11-26-2007, 05:15 PM
:sorry: I have a firewall at work.

So just stfu!

HHURRICANE
11-26-2007, 05:17 PM
:sorry: I have a firewall at work.

So just stfu!

I included the link. :cheers:

Jeff1220
11-26-2007, 05:18 PM
I work at a school. We can't access most audio/video feeds; they are blocked.

Mudflap1
11-26-2007, 05:28 PM
I was skeptical myself, but I looked at the interview. He did hesitate, and gave a very "all over the place" kind of answer. It was awkward, like he felt it was J.P.'s fault and was trying to fishcake through the answer without throwing J.P. totally under the bus.

Jon

mybills
11-26-2007, 05:31 PM
All of the above. He was honest about what we all know..the QB position is a week to week thing, he didn't make fun of JP at all. He said it was everyone's job to play, and that not everyone hasn't been playing perfect. They asked him if it was tough to play with the job on a type rope and he said you have to try and forget it and just do your job.

mybills
11-26-2007, 05:36 PM
He also said he's learned some things by sitting on the sideline, and that the other 10 guys on offense are looking at the last few games to see if they can do better, too. That doesn't sound like he's throwing anyone under the bus.

Thanks, Trent, you have more class than some of these fans. :bf1:

Dont drink the water
11-26-2007, 06:50 PM

Subject is deceptive - you think Trent thinks it is JP's fault/

LtBillsFan66
11-26-2007, 07:09 PM

Personally I think he wanted to say yes, but he took a few seconds to word it right.

Goobylal
11-26-2007, 07:16 PM
"So Trent, do you think that some of the other 10 players you'll be playing with suck as well?"

Gee, a wonder why he paused on THAT response.

Mitchy moo
11-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Personally I think he wanted to say yes, but he took a few seconds to word it right.

He said yes without saying it. Hopefully TE picked up a few more things with all the time on the sidelines, he said he did.

LABillsFan
11-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Not at all, he did get taken aback by that in your face question, but he handled it as best he could. He didn't say yes and he took a very diplomatic approach, which he should have. I think some of you are reading too much into his pause, I would of paused as I'm sure some of you would, it was a set up question that he handled very well.

Mudflap1
11-26-2007, 10:54 PM
His answer to the question was gibberish, as Mike Myers would say in that Saturday Night Live skit "that wasn't English Keith, what was that, Esperanto? I mean c'mon man, throw us a bone!!!"

Wasn't a big deal either way, but since HH brought it up, yeah, I caught the awkward pause to the question too. Not the biggest deal.

Jon

Oaf
11-26-2007, 11:08 PM
If anyone here watches The Office, he sounded just like Jim answering one of those questions sarcastically.

Coach Sal
11-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Wow. He really did answer that question very "carefully."

But only after the "Ooohhhh......" And the "Uuhhhhmmmm....." and the "I'm not the type of guy who criticizes just one guy........" responses at the beginning.

Interesting.

Jeff1220
11-27-2007, 06:02 PM
After watching the clip, I'd say he was just being careful to not throw some other element of the offense under the bus, nor JP at the same time.

OpIv37
11-27-2007, 06:07 PM

maybe he just didn't want to dog his teammates, particularly the offensive line who will be protecting him or the receivers who need to catch his passes.