For all the talk about Fairchild being fired...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

For all the talk about Fairchild being fired...

Has anyone considered it could be as simple as this:

1. J.P. Losman can't make more than one or two progressions per play, ie he can't read a defense?

2. Trent Edwards is a rookie. To his credit, he's able to move the ball a little bit, but he's going to need substantially more playing time for us to see if he's got what it takes?

I believe that is the sad reality friends.

Jon
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: For all the talk about Fairchild being fired...

oh please.

Taking Lynch out and putting A Train in on passing downs? Putting Reed in motion to the point of attack on every single running play? That ridiculous goal line wish-bone play that took a TD off the board? Total lack of deep shots down the field? Believe me, Fairchild is every bit as bad as it appears.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mudflap1
      Has anyone considered it could be as simple as this:

1. J.P. Losman can't make more than one or two progressions per play, ie he can't read a defense?

2. Trent Edwards is a rookie. To his credit, he's able to move the ball a little bit, but he's going to need substantially more playing time for us to see if he's got what it takes?

I believe that is the sad reality friends.

Jon
      For Fairchild to even play JP after watching Trent play is grounds for termination. Trent looks like cool breeze himself out there and JP looks like he hit a breeze on the sideline after every series.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I think there are players on the field that need to be replaced before the OC is.

I also think it's comical that most of the excuses (i.e. we need a real #2, we need a real TE, we need a better o-line, etc) apply to the QB but not the offensive coordinator.

Some people forget about Joe Pendry, Kevin Gilbride, and the likes way too quickly.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
          oh please.

Taking Lynch out and putting A Train in on passing downs? Putting Reed in motion to the point of attack on every single running play? That ridiculous goal line wish-bone play that took a TD off the board? Total lack of deep shots down the field? Believe me, Fairchild is every bit as bad as it appears.
          A-Train is a better blocker, particularly for the first half of the season, I don't think that's totally inexcusable. I agree with the wishbone play and the receivers in motion. I'm talking mostly about the QB play. If there's one thing going for us, it's that Edwards is smart. Hopefully that translates to him reading a defense.

Jon

Comment

• mchurchfie
            • Jul 2002

Fairchild has no excuses now. He can open up the playbook with TE a little more because he can handle it mentally a lot better.
            My Band
            daveviterna.com

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by mchurchfie
              Fairchild has no excuses now. He can open up the playbook with TE a little more because he can handle it mentally a lot better.
              He can hand him a full no huddle attack now if he wants, we have seen it before.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                • Jul 2002

If TE can do that already in just the short time he has started he can only get better. That is encouraging to me.
                My Band
                daveviterna.com

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

If TE can do that already in just the short time he has started he can only get better. That is encouraging to me.
                  People forget that he looked pretty damn good as a rookie. Can't wait to watch Beck tonight.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                    Next Question!
                    • Nov 2004

Dude! Trent Edwards is a rookie. It's miraculous he was able to grasp enough of the offense in his first career start to run a no-huddle attack. That being said, you can't possibly expect him to grasp the entire playbook by now, can you? That takes a year or two, including offseasons, minimally.

All I want to see is progress from Trent Edwards. He was able to impress a lot of people by not being a complete disaster out on the field (as a lot of rookie QB's are), and was able to move the chains a bit, and hey, win some games. I just want to see him build on that. I'm not expecting miracles. But by mid-next season, I'm expecting a lot of progress.

Jon

Comment

• mchurchfie
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                      Dude! Trent Edwards is a rookie. It's miraculous he was able to grasp enough of the offense in his first career start to run a no-huddle attack. That being said, you can't possibly expect him to grasp the entire playbook by now, can you? Jon
                      I said he can open up the playbook a LITTLE now. The fact that he was able to absorb that much in so little time is wonderful and shows he is pretty smart. I don't expect miracles, I just want to see some smart football played at the QB position instead of the sandlot bull**** we've been watching dating back to the RJ days. Fairchild can take off the kidgloves a little now so he let's see what he's got now.
                      My Band
                      daveviterna.com

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

I said he can open up the playbook a LITTLE now. The fact that he was able to absorb that much in so little time is wonderful and shows he is pretty smart. I don't expect miracles, I just want to see some smart football played at the QB position instead of the sandlot bull**** we've been watching dating back to the RJ days. Fairchild can take off the kidgloves a little now so he let's see what he's got now.
                        Sweet!!

Comment

• Mudflap1
                          Next Question!
                          • Nov 2004

Agreed.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

I think overall this is a really solid post.

1- JP is garbage and 2- Trent is just a young rookie who wasn't expected to play this year.

A few other points to consider as well Jon:

* As great as Marshawn has looked and likely will turn out, he's also a rookie and has made his share of mistakes, including in the passing/blocking game. This is coming from the biggest Lynch mark-maybe on this board other than Gr8.

* The offensive line is just starting to gel a little bit and get better acquainted with each other. Fowler is woefully weak at center which takes away some things we like to do.

* Last and CERTAINLY not least, the WR's simply do NOT get open consistently enough, and that includes Evans as well. There is no doubt they need another "legit" starting WR, and probably a better pass catching TE who can run more than a 4 yard route.

The few times we actually substain some drives with our offense Fairchild has made some good calls that work out; the Lynch TD pass and Parrish TD end around off the top of my head. Bottom line, is the players have to execute and they need some more talent.

Not saying I'm a fan of Fairchild staying, but I think he's taken FAR too much heat when we had either a QB who is still 100% clueless (not to mention a end-of-the-bench moper) and a rookie QB who has looked decent but still has a lot to learn (and will)

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

And without being purposely critical (cant help myself It's how I feel about him) it's hard to open up a full playbook to a QB who was half-******ed.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X