PDA

View Full Version : To all who support/supported JP

Yasgur's Farm
11-26-2007, 06:11 PM
JP knew this was a crucial game for his career as well as the playoff hopes of our Buffalo Bills.

He DID NOT step up and distance himself from Trent Edwards.

I still believe that he will one day be great. Unfortunately, it probably won't be with my team.

So... For the sake of Bills fans everwhere...

1) Let's hope the ghost coach knew what he was talking about.
2) Let's hope the bashers have enough class to stop bashing (I know there's no hope for a few of them). :fishy:

Mudflap1
11-26-2007, 06:13 PM
I still believe that he will one day be great.

What on earth have you seen that has led you to this belief?

Jon

kinigirly
11-26-2007, 06:14 PM
i felt bad last year when holcomb replaced him. i felt bad when he came back from injury and wasn't guaranteed his job back. those were surprises. this he knew going into it, so he has no one to blame but himself. he's still a great athlete, a great guy, and i will would still love to bear his child. he'll be alright.

Yasgur's Farm
11-26-2007, 06:17 PM
What on earth have you seen that has led you to this belief?

Jon I'm not looking for an argument.

edited for tos

The Answer
11-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Shut-up and show some class... I'm not looking for an argument.

What did he do wrong? It's a legit honest question so why don't you answer it?

~The Answer

Mudflap1
11-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Shut-up and show some class... I'm not looking for an argument.

I didn't say anything out of line. Personally, I think J.P. seems like a good guy, and has a lot of physical talent. The guy can't read a defense and consistently makes backbreaking mistakes against good teams. I'm not going to rip him, it is what it is. You made the bold proclamation (and started a thread to state it) that he would "one day be great". That's a pretty strong statement for a guy that hasn't proven to be average (10-21 record). Listen to the Answer and answer the question!

Jon

edited for tos

Yasgur's Farm
11-26-2007, 06:21 PM
My apologies... I'm just in an ornary mood.

However... I feel no need to justify my statement.

Oaf
11-26-2007, 06:32 PM

Statement thus rescinded.

The King
11-26-2007, 06:34 PM
JP should honesty consider playing in Canada or Arena he has a long career left in either league... but he's a career backup now.

Mitchy moo
11-26-2007, 06:34 PM
Can we lump this in with all the I still like JP, what a shame threads.

Yasgur's Farm
11-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Read it again Skoob.

Mudflap1
11-26-2007, 06:45 PM
How much do star players in the CFL make?

Jon

Dont drink the water
11-26-2007, 06:46 PM
JP appears to be a football athelete but unsuited for the QB role because he can not adjust mentally to changes in game speed / tempo from college. Perhaps he could play some other position but I doubt he would be willing to attempt it.

Maybe Jauron can turn him as a 4th quarter emergency QB when game is already in diubt and gunslinging is necessary but I do not think so.

Kenny
11-26-2007, 07:33 PM
I'll admit, -I was an avid JP supporter... but after the past few games, even I have to admit that I was wrong, and that he wont be the guy to lead us to the promised land.

While Im not sold on Trent Edwards at all as our future QB, -he is a rookie, and hopefully he'll start to show some flashes of greatness this season and prove me wrong.

djjimkelly
11-26-2007, 07:51 PM
JP will be great once he is put with an offensive mind.
he is absolutely no different then a jay cutler who everyone is blowing.

you put JP with a real OC and team he will flourish.

RockStar36
11-26-2007, 07:54 PM
I've defended him for a long time but yesterday was an obvious make or break game and it wasn't neccessarily the win/loss as much as the way he played as an individual. I knew right after the game that the JP era had ended in Buffalo and it was hard to fight it anymore. I'm not sold on Trent though. I need to see way more in the last games than I did earlier this season or I'll be hoping they grab a QB this off-season.

Patrick76777
11-26-2007, 07:57 PM
I know that you guys really wanted JP to work out here, but it just didn't happen. But just because your guy didn't pan out, doesn't mean that you have to think the next guy will stink. Or that you have to hate the next guy.

Trent did nothing wrong. He was sitting at home and got drafted by the Bills. Then he looked good in Training camp and when JP got hurt, he came in and did his job.

Now he's got the job.

Why hate the guy because JP stinks? I know that you're all prideful, but it's ok to be wrong.

JP didn't work. Edwards has had about 4 games. Give him a chance without counting him out before he really gets going.

hydro
11-26-2007, 07:58 PM

I am going to bookmark this post and in a few years we will see. :chuckle:

Mitchy moo
11-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Nice work, nice post. Trent wins us a few in a row, they'll all be on board.

The King
11-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Aparently Im on board!

SquishDaFish
11-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Um we are NOT just JP fans and we dont hate TE. So stop making **** up. We are BUFFALO BILLS fans and when you Anti Losman fans realize that it will be better for you. We wants Wins as much as any fan but we dont hate on 1 player unless your Tim fatass Anderson. We ROOT hard for whomever the crap coaches put in there even if its the waterboy.

BidsJr
11-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Um we are NOT just JP fans and we dont hate TE. So stop making **** up. We are BUFFALO BILLS fans and when you Anti Losman fans realize that it will be better for you. We wants Wins as much as any fan but we dont hate on 1 player unless your Tim fatass Anderson. We ROOT hard for whomever the crap coaches put in there even if its the waterboy.

BTW, Tim Anderson is no longer a buffalo bill.

LtBillsFan66
11-26-2007, 08:05 PM
IN TRENT I TRUST!

HHURRICANE
11-26-2007, 08:10 PM
JP stunk it up on his own but I agree it's time to move on. Had I been wrong about him we would still be in the playoff hunt.

JPFBillsFan
11-26-2007, 08:30 PM
oh yah JP didn't work out....92 pts given up in 2 weeks.....look out Edwards will be the next guy run out town

shelby
11-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Let's keep the discussion civilized, y'all.

i merged these two threads.

We are all Bills fans. JP is done, it is Trent's time now. Support your starting QB and stop attacking your fellow message board posters.

Thanks and :gobills:

Mitchy moo
11-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Let's keep the discussion civilized, y'all.

i merged these two threads.

We are all Bills fans. JP is done, it is Trent's time now. Support your starting QB and stop attacking your fellow message board posters.

Thanks and :gobills:

Thx Shelby!!

tat2dmike77
11-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Wins are all that matter to me. Regardless of who is back there attempting to act like a quarterback.

SquishDaFish
11-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Great posting Tat :clap:

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-26-2007, 11:51 PM

Absolutely no different than Jay Cutler? Cutler has accuracy and can beat a blitz better than JP can in his 2nd year. Why are the same? Because they have strong arms? Rob Johnson had a strong arm. JP will never be great, Im sorry to rain on your parade.

Michael82
11-27-2007, 01:01 AM
I've been one of the biggest JP Losman supporters on this board, but after watching the last few weeks, especially this Sunday, I have come to the conclusion that the kid just doesn't get it. I don't know if he ever will. I still see a ton of potential in him and think that maybe with the right coaching staff...he might succeed, but it won't be here. I wish him well and hope he gets traded to a decent team next year. Now Trent Edwards is the QB. Good luck to him, I hope he improves and can be the QB that we all hope he can. But right now I don't see it. I guess time will tell. Either way, I think this coaching staff will get exposed again. I just pray that Fairchild is gone at the end of the season. Then maybe our offense will finally get better.

im4bflo
11-27-2007, 01:23 AM
You mean all BILLS fans, right?

mybills
11-27-2007, 05:12 AM
JP was blamed for things that weren't even his fault...I wonder if those same people will do that to Trent? :tap:

I will continue to call out our QB fairly for things he does and doesn't do. I will not blame Trent if Reed decides to duck again. I will blame him if he throws an int at a crucial time again.

SquishDaFish
11-27-2007, 07:43 AM
Great posting Mikey and MyBills :clap:

Jan Reimers
11-27-2007, 07:55 AM
Even though JP never got the same chance that similar QBs are getting - Eli Manning, Campbell, Young, Cutler, et. al., he had enough chances to make or break his career in Buffalo. Unfortunately, he broke it.

I think he's a tremendous athlete, but with no pocket presence or awareness, and lacking in the intangibles that are required to become a quality NFL QB.

I wish him the best, because he gave it his all here.

Now I'll root for Trent Edwards to be our next great QB.

Inetpub
11-27-2007, 09:14 AM
JP was blamed for things that weren't even his fault...I wonder if those same people will do that to Trent? :tap:

I will continue to call out our QB fairly for things he does and doesn't do. I will not blame Trent if Reed decides to duck again. I will blame him if he throws an int at a crucial time again.

JP was also blamed for things that were his fault and thats why he has no starting job anymore.

Its funny how you start your quote by saying you wont blame things on jp that werent his fault but you'll blame trent. If Im not mistaken, jp hasnt done much in the last 3 games to warrant any excuse making. Blame the fact that he threw 3 feet short and hit the turf to a wide open reed. How can you justify that when he had all day to make that play??

madness
11-27-2007, 10:19 AM
I've always supported whoever started this year and really wanted to see JP succeed but Sunday was the proverbial straw since we gave that game away. JP looked shook. He looked like he didn't want to take any chances and when he did, he threw it to the wrong team. JP seems to let his emotions control him instead of vice versa. Yes, it sucks looking over your shoulder...yada, yada, yada. It's a competitive sport and if you can't handle the pressure of another player breathing down your neck then I'm sure as heck not going to have confidence in you when the pressure is doubled with the game on the line.

TE got me excited from the little we've seen from him so far and I hope he starts the rest of the year.

Wait! I'm still supporting the starting QB. Nice. :cool:

mybills
11-27-2007, 11:51 AM
JP was also blamed for things that were his fault and thats why he has no starting job anymore.

Its funny how you start your quote by saying you wont blame things on jp that werent his fault but you'll blame trent. If Im not mistaken, jp hasnt done much in the last 3 games to warrant any excuse making. Blame the fact that he threw 3 feet short and hit the turf to a wide open reed. How can you justify that when he had all day to make that play??
What the hell are you babbling about?
Your 1st sentence is nothing but :blah:
Your second sentence is absolutely wrong, because I didn't say that at all. Read it again.
Your third sentence is also :blah:
Your 4th sentence everyone already did, including me, so that's :blah: too.
Your 5th sentence shows you must be confusing the Reed duck with the Reed wide open. :coocoo:

LtBillsFan66
11-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Will JP fans:
1) be patient with Edwards for 4 years?
2) excuse any Edwards mistakes as everyone else's fault
3) blame Jauron for hurting Edwards confidence (for going back to JP this year)
4) call Edwards "technically a rookie" in his 3rd season.
5) Only look at what Edwards did against crappy teams (e.g. Texans, Cinci)
6) Blame the playcalling.
7) too many more to list.

PECKERWOOD
11-27-2007, 12:50 PM
How much do star players in the CFL make?

Jon

Prolly not as much as an NFL backup does. JP should just goto a successful team like New England, Indy or even GB and try to learn from a solid coaching staff and veteran QB. I think he will eventually be presented with another opportunity as a starting QB in this league.

PECKERWOOD
11-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Will JP fans:

**** man, I'm not sure if I will manage to keep my sanity after another 4 years of similar results. I can't promise you nothing.

The Answer
11-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Will JP fans:

Just wait until next year - the losman faithful will be making all kinds of excuses when we have more offensive weapons and a real offensive coordinator. This will be the reason that Losman failed and Edwards flourishes.

~The Answer

LtBillsFan66
11-27-2007, 01:57 PM
**** man, I'm not sure if I will manage to keep my sanity after another 4 years of similar results. I can't promise you nothing.

Understood. That's why I don't understand the Losman lovers.

justasportsfan
11-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Understood. That's why I don't understand the Losman lovers.

ok, can we agree that this type of talk is uncalled for. i don't care what QB you like, to denigrate fans of the team for favoring one over another with this type of insult should be beneath the fans of this team.

Really.

Kenny
11-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Will JP fans:
To be honest, -I dont think we'll (at least myself) be as patient as I was with JP.

The only reason JP had as long as he did was because of his big-play ability. With him, there's always the 'What If?' factor.
For every 10 stupid plays he makes, -he'll come back with that 1 play where you just have to say to yourself... 'Wow!!!'
JP had as long as he did because fans (and coaches too Im guessing) believed that if JP could just be consistent, -he'd be a Pro bowler.

Now with TE, Im just not sure he has that 'Wow' factor. If he ever has a bad string of games, and the team is losing, -Im not sure anyone will ever worry about benching him, or letting him go, and worry about 'What If'?. I just dont see what's so special about this guy, and Im not sure why people here are saying he has so much potential?

This isnt to say I dont like TE, he does have a quick release, and he is a rookie and a Bill... so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, -for now.
But until I see him show something, and at the very latest by this time next year this offense better be scoring more points than what we're doing right now, -I have a feeling the patience will be all gone.

patmoran2006
11-27-2007, 06:48 PM

I think you're a quality poster, but I think you should feel the need to justify your statement.

How on earth could you think he's going to be great? He's a terrible quarterback. Unless he's looking to have a long Todd Collins-like career, he'll probably be out of the league in 2-3 years. Remember Heath Shuler?

Some QB's just don't have the mental ability to play NFL football good enough.