PDA

View Full Version : If JP isn't back next year should the Bills draft this kid?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-26-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm not trying to start another anti-Losman thread so don't even think that. I'm just asking a simple :question: if Losman isn't back next year do we draft this kid? would you like to see him here? this kid can do it all.

http://images.sportsline.com/images/collegefootball/players/60x80/1245555.jpg
15 Colt Brennan, QB
Height/Weight: 6-3/196
Birthdate: 08/16/1983
Birthplace:
Team: Hawaii
Class: Senior

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/1245555

Mudflap1
11-26-2007, 09:09 PM
No. We don't run a spread offense. Plus, Brennan probably wouldn't excel in Orchard Park weather. His arm is overrated.

Jon

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-26-2007, 09:39 PM
WE WILL NOT, I REPEAT NOT DRAFT A QB IN THE NEXT DRAFT. LEVY WILL BRING A VET TO BACK UP HIS GOLDEN BOY.

DO NOT START A DRAFT A QB THREAD AS IT WILL BE A WASTE OF BANDWIDTH.

trapezeus
11-27-2007, 10:28 AM
at 196lbs, he's pretty tiny. sure an NFL regime would add weight, but hawaii is hardly the football factory that you want to draft a QB out of. it's one thing to take a flier on a WR or LB, but i wouldn't take a QB unless it was the 6th or 7th round.

there has to be journeymen out there to come in to compete with Trent.

BSU Drew
11-27-2007, 12:38 PM
He's a product of the system.. He will not make a good NFL qb. I've seen him play numerous times and i wouldnt even draft him in the 6th round.

justasportsfan
11-27-2007, 12:41 PM
one experiment after another but hey, he'd be chaep.

Buckets
11-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Nice haircut

RockStar36
11-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Nah.

I remember another Hawaii QB who tore it up in college and didn't make the NFL. Good college player but I doubt it will translate to the NFL.

Saratoga Slim
11-27-2007, 01:05 PM
He should be at Syracuse right now. Robinson offered him a scholarship, but had to retract it b/c the university chancellor would not allow Brennan to come (he was convicted of burglary/trespassing for barging drunk into some girl's room during his freshman year at Colorado).

DynaPaul
11-27-2007, 01:47 PM
That would make Couch Slouch very unhappry since Colt is his "player of destiny".

Jaybird
11-27-2007, 02:06 PM
he took over for chang who cant even make it in the cfl... chang had great numbers also. Look at the teams he plays against.. not nfl type players......... NO NO NO!!!!

DraftBoy
11-27-2007, 02:19 PM
No I dont think Brennan will be a successful NFL QB but to say we wont draft one is ridiculous. We will likely lose Losman this offseason and sign a vet to replace him but Hamdan is also a FA (I believe) and why not take a project QB like Josh Johnson, Jon Flecco, or a Ricky Santos? To say we arent drafting one is a waste of bandwith more so then this thread.

RockStar36
11-27-2007, 02:21 PM
No I dont think Brennan will be a successful NFL QB but to say we wont draft one is ridiculous. We will likely lose Losman this offseason and sign a vet to replace him but Hamdan is also a FA (I believe) and why not take a project QB like Josh Johnson, Jon Flecco, or a Ricky Santos? To say we arent drafting one is a waste of bandwith more so then this thread.

Very good point. You never know what will happen in the draft.

I honestly didn't think they would draft a QB last draft.

Ingtar33
11-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Brennen has the tools to succeed.

I think Bills fans would hate him, as he's in essence another beach bum.

G Wolly
11-27-2007, 03:06 PM
It would be kind of a step backwards with 2 rookie quarterbacks I would think.

We need some kind of QB who's been pro for awhile.

DraftBoy
11-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Brennen has the tools to succeed.

I think Bills fans would hate him, as he's in essence another beach bum.

His release while funky is better than VY's, I do question his arm strength esp in a windy place like Buffalo. He is athletic enough to get out of the pocket and avoid pressure. He also is a true gamer, I saw him v. SJSt throw 4 or 5 back picks but come back to win the game. He does make a few too many mental mistakes for me, but I dont think he's a system QB like Chang (though he never got a real shot, and no I dont consider the CFL to be a real shot).

Ed
11-27-2007, 06:47 PM
I don't expect us to draft a qb and if we do, I would guess no earlier then the 6th round. Edwards is more then likely to go through a lot of growing pains next year and I think a rookie qb creates too much of a threat for another qb contreversy like this year, which is the last thing this regime wants to go through again. I think they bring in a mediocre career back up and live and die with Trent.

I'd be all for spending an earlier pick on another qb though. Good ones are pretty hard to find, so might as well improve our chances.

patmoran2006
11-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Unless Trent falls flat on his face, there is NO WAY we are drafting a QB early.

I'll bet our backup QB comes via a vet in FA.

buffalony85
11-27-2007, 07:27 PM
brennan is another losman, a mobile guy with an arm that was never under center in his life, he will suck ala vince young (at passing)

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Thank you for all your great observations that's all I wanted to know. By the way I was in Hawaii for Christmas Vacation 2 years ago the Sheraton Alhoa Bowl my brother was stationed at Pearl Harbor in the Navy on a sub and we bought tickets to the Aloha Bowl when Chang played for the UH the kid lit up the scoreboard it was awesome.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-27-2007, 08:03 PM
WE WILL NOT, I REPEAT NOT DRAFT A QB IN THE NEXT DRAFT. LEVY WILL BRING A VET TO BACK UP HIS GOLDEN BOY.

DO NOT START A DRAFT A QB THREAD AS IT WILL BE A WASTE OF BANDWIDTH.

whoever the hell negged me for saying this... WTF? it was a rehtorical statement about not starting the thread, not a command not to start the thread.

grow up and learn how to use your neg properly.

paladin warrior
11-27-2007, 09:40 PM
:doh: ----NO! NEED draft WR

TigerJ
11-28-2007, 10:39 AM
It depends entirely on how much confidence Trent Edwards inspires in the Bills that he is a legitimate NFL starting QB. If the Bills are convince of that, then I think the Bills would opt to sign a veteran free agent. rather than spend a draft pick from the first three rounds on a QB. I think the Bills like Hamdan as a developmental prospect. The Bills would only consider Brennan if Trent performs so poorly the rest of the season that it becomes obvious he's turning into a bust.

deepslant
11-28-2007, 01:30 PM
we bought tickets to the Aloha Bowl when Chang played for the UH the kid lit up the scoreboard it was awesome.
What pro team is Chang playing for now? Nuff said in regards to Colt.

jimbohastle51
11-28-2007, 07:31 PM
there is one qb who i think would be nice if he fell to the 2nd or 3rd round because his team slipped towards the middle and end of the season.... andre woodson of kentucky. the kid has a big arm, he is great in the pocket and he is tall and durable he took some huge shots just last week against tennesse and almost won the game single handedly. i do think that they are going to give edwards every chance to be the guy but there are no QBs hitting free agency that are going to be "saviors" and we cant spend a first rounder on a qb with other places needing to be filled, but we have a couple 3rds this year so we could always jump up in the 2nd and take one or wait till the 3rd and take a qb there. i do think that we will draft a qb somewhere in the late second to the 6th just because its pretty well known that we arnt throwing big money to a free agent qb and we will have to have competition for edwards besides a old vet that couldnt earn a starting job anywhere.