PDA

View Full Version : New Mock Draft

Bone
11-26-2007, 10:38 PM
http://www.draftking.com/nfl/2008/mockdraft.shtml

Devin
11-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Funny I was just mentioning Connor.

Cant argue with that really, while certainly most people who follow the Bills will say we have other needs.........which is true.........the presence of a playmaking OLB certainly cant hurt our D.

Bone
11-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Connor Poz Crowell

That would be sick!

But if we do not address Wideout in FA then we have to land one in the draft.

DraftBoy
11-27-2007, 07:24 AM
Passing on Bowman would be hard to do for Connor but I can see the logic there, going into Rd 2 we'd have an issue finding a WR who could come in and immediately be the #2 guy. Also neither Henderson nor Highsmith are 1st Round caliber LB's imo.

mysticsoto
11-27-2007, 08:55 AM
The only way I see this happening is if a viable #2 WR was grabbed in FA. Since the top DTs are off the board, they could go LB again - though I kinda feel like that's why we grabbed Poz last year. And with DiG upping his game, I'm not that concerned about the LB position. They haven't been the problem for our losses. The inability of the Dline to rush the passer and the perplexing stagnation of the offense are the real culprit!!!

PECKERWOOD
11-27-2007, 01:22 PM
I've been saying Connor all along.

Devin
11-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Something needs to be made clear that apparently people havent realized or simply dont care to realize. John DiGiorgio is a great backup, and an average starter. Hes certainly not played badly but he is hardly a long term answer.

Im not saying our LB situation is desperate or that its "Connor or bust" im simply saying that the need for a quality LB is a strong one.

Poz is still an unknown, like it or not. He played well and certainly showed promise but hes got a ways to go. What are our other options? Crowell and Ellison? While our LB's certainly arent the worse in the league or anything it is most certainly something at some point that needs to be addressed.

In the very real scenario that both the top DT's are gone, and the BEST 1-2 options at WR are gone dont be shocked if thats where we look.

patmoran2006
11-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Something needs to be made clear that apparently people havent realized or simply dont care to realize. John DiGiorgio is a great backup, and an average starter. Hes certainly not played badly but he is hardly a long term answer.

Im not saying our LB situation is desperate or that its "Connor or bust" im simply saying that the need for a quality LB is a strong one.

Poz is still an unknown, like it or not. He played well and certainly showed promise but hes got a ways to go. What are our other options? Crowell and Ellison? While our LB's certainly arent the worse in the league or anything it is most certainly something at some point that needs to be addressed.

In the very real scenario that both the top DT's are gone, and the BEST 1-2 options at WR are gone dont be shocked if thats where we look.
AGree but I'd rather address LB in FA this year (if we address it at all).

I'd REALLY like to use our top pick on a great playmaker, whether it be WR or TE, which admittedly at least at this time I haven't studied up on a lot of players.

Devin
11-27-2007, 07:43 PM

I'd REALLY like to use our top pick on a great playmaker, whether it be WR or TE, which admittedly at least at this time I haven't studied up on a lot of players.

There isnt gonna be many options at TE for the 1st round, and I dont mind using the 1st on a WR. But If our guy isnt there id rather them not just pick someone. Take the BPA.

DraftBoy
11-27-2007, 08:50 PM

You have maybe 4 options at best;
Bowman
Kelly
Bennett
Beckum

The last three would both need to leave early and I dont know that either will at this point. Maybe Bennett since his coach just resigned. If we are picking 15 or below both Kelly and Bowman could be gone.

Devin
11-28-2007, 12:20 AM
You have maybe 4 options at best;
Bowman
Kelly
Bennett
Beckum

The last three would both need to leave early and I dont know that either will at this point. Maybe Bennett since his coach just resigned. If we are picking 15 or below both Kelly and Bowman could be gone.

Id LOVE to land Kelly. But my fear is he will be gone. I think he is one of those players thats going to greatly elevate his draft stock closer it gets to draft time. Just a hunch anyway.

LtFinFan66
11-28-2007, 06:13 AM
New way of spelling Conner:idunno:

13. Buffalo Bills - Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas *
There are some who think that Talib is overrated, but he is a tall, talented corner who has been the one true star on a gutsy Kansas team. Buffalo never replaced the big play ability lost when Nate Clements cashed in via free agency last off-season (signing that huge contract with the 49ers), and Talib would be a solid need pick for the Bills at this spot.

DraftBoy
11-28-2007, 07:47 AM
New way of spelling Conner:idunno:

13. Buffalo Bills - Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas *
There are some who think that Talib is overrated, but he is a tall, talented corner who has been the one true star on a gutsy Kansas team. Buffalo never replaced the big play ability lost when Nate Clements cashed in via free agency last off-season (signing that huge contract with the 49ers), and Talib would be a solid need pick for the Bills at this spot.

Just updated their version, this site is pretty good about doing regular mock updates

Talib at 13 is too high for me at this point.

Yea just updated this morning the 28th

eyedog
11-28-2007, 07:59 AM
From what I've seen I'd take Cason before Talib.

DraftBoy
11-28-2007, 08:05 AM
From what I've seen I'd take Cason before Talib.

Neither are worth the #13 pick, not alot of polished talent in the CB ranks all of them need work. Talib, Cason, King all will need time and probably shouldnt be starting from Day 1.

eyedog
11-28-2007, 08:11 AM
Neither are worth the #13 pick, not alot of polished talent in the CB ranks all of them need work. Talib, Cason, King all will need time and probably shouldnt be starting from Day 1.

No problem here because in no way do I want to draft a corner with the #1 pick, nor a wide receiver. I want the best d-lineman and if those top 3-4 are gone , then the best linebacker.

DraftBoy
11-28-2007, 08:12 AM
No problem here because in no way do I want to draft a corner with the #1 pick, nor a wide receiver. I want the best d-lineman and if those top 3-4 are gone , then the best linebacker.

Makes sense, though I disagree

eyedog
11-28-2007, 08:12 AM
Although I do think Cason could start from day one as at least the nickle back on this team.

DraftBoy
11-28-2007, 08:52 AM
Although I do think Cason could start from day one as at least the nickle back on this team.

At this point you, I, Devin, or Mystic could start from Day 1 as a nickle back

alohabillsfan
11-28-2007, 09:30 AM
RD 1 WR Kelly or Bowman OK St or OK
RD 2 CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tenn St
RD 3 TE Tamme Kentucky
RD 3 C Steve Justice, Wake Forest or DT Andre Fluellen, Florida State

Thoughts?

DraftBoy
11-28-2007, 09:47 AM
RD 3 TE Tamme Kentucky

Thoughts?
Flu in the 3rd and Justice in the 4th and I love it!!!!

We add Boss Bailey in FA to be an LB and we are golden imo

jpdex12
11-28-2007, 11:02 AM
I could see NE trading down out of the #4 spot, especially if they win the SB. They already have good talent on the team so for them to move down and pick up a few extra picks especially another in the first round for next year is more fo their style. McFadden would be a good fit for them but Mulroney is battling injuries this year and he will be back. Plus they really don't need much of a running game as they are proving.

I see NE going after someone like Connor. For sure!

I would be disappointed to see us take a mediocre CB in the 1st round in 2008.

First off we resign Evans for a midline top WR contract as we know what he is capable of and will show once we have a second WR to take the pressure off the double teams and our QB position stabalizes.

FA- Here's where we spend a little bit of doe to solidify crucial positions on offense and one on defense.

We pick up:
WR-Bryant Johnson-Cardinals 6'3" 217 former 1st round pick on a WR packed team
QB-Anderson from Cleveland would be ideal but they won't let him go. Quinn will sit on the bench like Aaron Rodgers until it's time. Our options are McCown or Grossman as a backup to TE
RB-Julius Jones He and Lynch would make a nice combo until Fred Jackson or Dwayne Wright learn the ropes. Bye bye A-Train.
TE- Ben Utecht or Dallas Clark. Nice passing targets along with Rob Royal and we keep Gaines who blocks well and has career highs in catches for 2007.

Only one Defensive FA we grab is Marcus Trufant at CB. We keep Webster, Greer, McGee and Youboty

Draft- Dan Connor in round one around the 13 spot.
WR-Brian Robiskie in round two
DT- round three
OL-Round 4

DraftBoy
11-28-2007, 11:49 AM
Robiskie is a jr, just an fyi...Ive seen no indication that he's even thinking of leaving early. Lt or tat2dmike are better sources as the resident buckeye fans.

Interesting idea and if you switch the Rd 2 pick to a Limas Sweed then its definitely a good draft.

mysticsoto
11-28-2007, 11:54 AM
At this point you, I, Devin, or Mystic could start from Day 1 as a nickle back

LOL! I think I got you on the nickel - running too much might give you asthma. :D

I agree, and quite frankly, if you look at who's available, the CB depth is pretty deep - especially for what we need which is speedy coverage CBs. We don't need a man to man, highly ranked CB, which means we will have plenty to choose from in rd 3 or so that can likely play for us. That being said, Youboty will be back as well as Webster next year and with Greer developing, I think we are just fine there. We should still draft one, but we might be able to get away with drafting one on the 2nd day!

mysticsoto
11-28-2007, 12:10 PM
I could see NE trading down out of the #4 spot, especially if they win the SB. They already have good talent on the team so for them to move down and pick up a few extra picks especially another in the first round for next year is more fo their style. McFadden would be a good fit for them but Mulroney is battling injuries this year and he will be back. Plus they really don't need much of a running game as they are proving.

First off we resign Evans for a midline top WR contract as we know what he is capable of and will show once we have a second WR to take the pressure off the double teams and our QB position stabalizes.

FA- Here's where we spend a little bit of doe to solidify crucial positions on offense and one on defense.

We pick up:
QB-Anderson from Cleveland would be ideal but they won't let him go. Quinn will sit on the bench like Aaron Rodgers until it's time. Our options are McCown or Grossman as a backup to TE
RB-Julius Jones He and Lynch would make a nice combo until Fred Jackson or Dwayne Wright learn the ropes. Bye bye A-Train.
TE- Ben Utecht or Dallas Clark. Nice passing targets along with Rob Royal and we keep Gaines who blocks well and has career highs in catches for 2007.

Only one Defensive FA we grab is Marcus Trufant at CB. We keep Webster, Greer, McGee and Youboty

DT- round three
OL-Round 4

I wouldn't mind Bryant Johnson as a decent WR prospect. I myself would prefer Bernard Berrian, but anything is better than our #2 right now which is non-existant.

For QB, there's no way we get Anderson and quite frankly, the best thing might be to keep the 3rd string guy as our 2nd and draft another raw rookie as our 3rd string...

For RB, I think we are fine. We have 4. If A-train retires, we are still good with 3. But even if he doesn't, he's still a great blocker and and can be used to pick up the blitz and maybe play FB at times. He's supposedly been a great mentor to Lynch and considering how well Lynch was doing, I don't see a need to dump him. He's not killing us at the bank and his positive may just outweigh his cost.

For TE, I doubt Indy lets Clark go. No way. I'd sign Jermaine Wiggins - I'm surprised nobody has picked him up. He needs to lose some weight, but he was very serviceable in Minnesota, and unless he's injured I'd consider him.

As to the draift, I'd wouldn't mind Connor in Rd 1 if we get the above FAs...perhaps something like:

1. LB Connor
2. WR DJ Hall
3a. DT Dre Moore
3b. CB Charles Godfrey
4. C Adam Spieker

DraftBoy
11-28-2007, 12:43 PM
LOL! I think I got you on the nickel - running too much might give you asthma. :D

I agree, and quite frankly, if you look at who's available, the CB depth is pretty deep - especially for what we need which is speedy coverage CBs. We don't need a man to man, highly ranked CB, which means we will have plenty to choose from in rd 3 or so that can likely play for us. That being said, Youboty will be back as well as Webster next year and with Greer developing, I think we are just fine there. We should still draft one, but we might be able to get away with drafting one on the 2nd day!

DAMNIT!

Agreed

Devin
11-28-2007, 03:23 PM
RD 3 TE Tamme Kentucky

Thoughts?

I could live with that. Although id prefer Rucker from Mizzou instead. I just simply have become a fan of his this season. Kid had a monster year.

DraftBoy
11-28-2007, 03:32 PM
I could live with that. Although id prefer Rucker from Mizzou instead. I just simply have become a fan of his this season. Kid had a monster year.
You and your man crushes...:brush:

eyedog
11-28-2007, 04:48 PM
I don't see Rucker lasting until the 3rd. rd.

The Jokeman
11-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Flu in the 3rd and Justice in the 4th and I love it!!!!

We add Boss Bailey in FA to be an LB and we are golden imo
Boss Bailey? ick to me he's failed to live up to his predraft billing and a marginal starter at best. Not to mention we already have a solid starter at SLB with Crowell. Instead I use our cap room and bring in a big play guy like Lance Briggs to man WLB. Yet knowing management they'll probably go on the cheap and move Poz to WLB and keep John DiGiorgio at MLB.

DraftBoy
11-29-2007, 12:56 PM
Boss Bailey? ick to me he's failed to live up to his predraft billing and a marginal starter at best. Not to mention we already have a solid starter at SLB with Crowell. Instead I use our cap room and bring in a big play guy like Lance Briggs to man WLB. Yet knowing management they'll probably go on the cheap and move Poz to WLB and keep John DiGiorgio at MLB.

Bailey is a big play LB, and an affordable one, I dont know that we can afford Briggs

The Jokeman
11-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Bailey is a big play LB, and an affordable one, I dont know that we can afford Briggs
Time will tell but Jauron did coach Bailey in Detroit so he should know just how good/bad he'd be with this defense.

PECKERWOOD
11-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Time will tell but Jauron did coach Bailey in Detroit so he should know just how good/bad he'd be with this defense.

I wouldn't mind bringing in Boss Bailey, he is a cheaper alternative than Lance Briggs and he has been a pretty decent starter for Detroit and plus he still has some room to grow and improve.

jpdex12
11-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Robiskie is a jr, just an fyi...Ive seen no indication that he's even thinking of leaving early. Lt or tat2dmike are better sources as the resident buckeye fans.

Interesting idea and if you switch the Rd 2 pick to a Limas Sweed then its definitely a good draft.

Yeah, that was IF RObiskie come sout. He is a great player. Big receiver with good hands. If he comes out he should be available in the 2nd. We'll see. Either way we need a big WR in the second round and we really need a big WR in FA. Maybe Wilford, Berrian or Johnson? Definitely defense in round one. We need a stud DT and another really good OLB. Connor!

Bmax
11-30-2007, 09:36 PM
WHEN YOU HAVE 10 SACKS IN 11 GAMES YOU DON'T GO THE ENTIRE FIRST DAY .. WITH YOU THUMBS UP YOUR REAR...

Ok ....There are some guys who we will not be drafting or positions before rd 4

1. Dan Connor....The bills weakness ..... they can't score points.....Connor is a lot like Poz .. If the Bills were thinking OLb which i highly doubt.... then they would maybe go after Rivers from USC ....Highly athletic WLB...

You don't need to draft a Rb,C,SS, QB,SS,K or P before rd 4....Unless Mcfadeen slips down that low...

They should consider these positions in rd 1 .....

1. DE- Vernon Gholston-Big physical De who has biceps bigger than most guys thighs....well ok maybe not but this man who beat on the highly touted jake long all day...With the recent rash of injuries to Kelsey and Denney and the uncertainty of Hargrove returning the bills could have a force on passing downs...

WR.- Limas Sweed,Bowman, Kelly - All fit the need of a big WR with toughness to go over the middle ...The combine and all stars games should tell who is the best prospect..40 times will be key...Also the Physical exams ....injuries always play a part of where a guy is sloted to be drafted....Dark horse Heyward-Bey -Maryland-RS-SO who is draft eligible .. should stay in school but you never know .. clocked a 4.23 -40 yikes....6-2-213.....will be a top pick in the 2009 draft...

CB- Jenkins -Ohio st- Jenkins -USF- Thomas-USC all are over 6 ft and 200 LBS as is talib from Kansas...The bills need a big physical cb who must face moss twice a season....The Ohio st kid and Talib a will be ranked in the top 15.. but the others may rise rd one or be available should we trade down...

DT-unlkely unless Dorsey or Ellis falls ....Okam late in rd 1 but his stock is falling..

Te -no tight end worthy of a high #1 selection... highly rated Rucker could rise
The Bills would be better off looking at him in rd if there or his teammate Coffman if he comes out....

Here's my early mock...

1. Vernon Gholston-DE-Ohio ST-6-4-265-..shores up DE line.. Gives the Bills four DE's who can put heat on passer.....Allows them to move Denney inside on passing downs or kelsey .... Bills shouls also consider Derrick Harvey From Florida-6-5-252...edge rusher....

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=87746&SPID=10408&DB_OEM_ID=17300&ATCLID=1059303&Q_SEASON=2007

2.WR-James Hardy-Indiana-6-6-220 ..NOT THE FASTEST GUY.. big red zone target who out leaps cb in end zone....former b-ball player....16 td's this season may return to school..
36 in his career...burnt top cb king from Penn ST for 14 and 142 this season...may move into rd one .. others to consider....Thomas wr Mich st....Sweed if he drops....and JR Earl Bennett and DJ hall from the SEC....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=160604

2. Kentwan Balmer-DT -2nd All Acc team -6-5-295...3.5 sacks 2nd in tackles 9.5 for loss....

Kiper has him ranked in his top ten ...so he is likely gone by rd 2.. could be our first rd pick

Frank okam dt texas could be had here...

3a Trevor Laws -Notre Dame-6-1-295 .. can he play in bills scheme...a de at nd also dt...non stop motor

also look for Dre Moore Maryland -6-4-3-5

3b. Dwight Lowery -CB San Jose St-good corner who almost came out last year...led country with 9 picks last year....4 this season with 7 break ups...6-1- 185 could use more strength... also look out for LSU Trevis Jackson....or Jake Ikegwuonu in rd 2 shut down cb with 4.3 speed.....Wisc.. player...

4. TE- i feel the bills may try and fill this position via FA...Cooley and TJ smith are players who could really help...but draft more likely

Justin Keller-6-3-245.down field rec TE..61 rec 8 td's

http://purduesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/keller_dustin00.html

Paul Coffman and Martellus Bennett are JR who could really impact the TE draft position.. Coffman -6-6-260-Bennett-6-7 255....Others to consider Joe Jon Finley-OK and John Carlson-ND

Bmax

X-Era
12-02-2007, 08:52 AM

Why go Bailey when we could get Terrell Suggs? Pass rush AND a good LB? Yeah Ill take it.

Confused
12-02-2007, 11:14 AM

is this a joke?

We pick up:

DT- round three
OL-Round 4