PDA

View Full Version : What do you expect on Offense now???

historypete
11-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Personally, I'm glad Edwards is starting. It was painfully obvious over the last few weeks that JP was not the guy here, and that his career is over in Buffalo. I think we need to find out if Edwards can play, I think he has great potential. I also think the coaching staff screwed up again last week, they should have played him instead of JP, he needs all the time he can get.

But, does anyone actually think the offensive production will get better with him in there? I don't, and its not because of the playing ability of Edwards. I think Fairchild has this offense running so ass-backwards since the season began, that no matter who is playing it will be like pounding your head against a wall.

Until our mental midget of an offensive coordinator decides to open things up, remove our TEs from the gameplan, find favorable matchups for the few playmakers we have on offense, and actually attack a defense rather than letting them dictate what to run we will continue to struggle.

This weekend we will continue to see constant 2 TE formations. His idea of opening things up is to spread the TEs out as WR, this is the ultimate joke. We will continue to run left in critical situations and get killed. Josh Reed will continue running curl routes while Evans will be sent deep. Parrish will get his 3 or 4 catches for 25 yards because Fairchild doesn't use his speed to get to the second level. If Marshawn plays he WILL NOT be used as a recieving threat. All the good things Fred Jackson did this weekend will not carry over because Anthony Thomas will continue to get playing time for some reason that continues to baffle me.

I hate to be negative, but I don't think Edwards will be given a chance to succeed with Fairchild running the game. This guy must be fired at the end of the years. To be this unimaginative, boring and predictable on offense is getting annoying.

Hopefully Trent can get some valuable playing time, progress some and be ready to come out next year with a real offensive coordinator and scheme that allows him to make plays.

Kenny
11-26-2007, 11:00 PM
Im not too sure how much 'potential' he has... and this is NOT a knock against TE, -it's just that he's a rookie, and a huge unknown at this point.
All we've seen are dinks and dunks...

I hope in the remaining games this season he shows us something special that will tell us whether or not he's our guy.
That being said, -I doubt we'll see anything different that we've seen with TE before because a)he's a rookie b) Fairchild.

Philagape
11-26-2007, 11:27 PM
If they start calling more crossing routes and posts and outs, they can do it 10-20 yards downfield, because that's where Trent has shown better accuracy.

RedEyE
11-26-2007, 11:37 PM
He'll certainly be more methodical in his approach. I think he can certainly chip away with that quick release and the Bills small quick receivers will only benefit from this. I think the key to the long game for this team is getting Lynch the rock consistantly on the ground setting up the play action, and even sitting him in the slot to divert attention from Evans downfield. The probelm with that is Fairchild is not going to just giving him an open playbook until he proves he can conrtol the game and the plays first. Until that's proven, simple dink and dunk high school routes will run amuck.

MikeInRoch
11-26-2007, 11:38 PM
At first, not much change. But as Edwards gets more experienced, more points.

Ebenezer
11-26-2007, 11:48 PM
no changes.

Slim
11-26-2007, 11:52 PM
fourty-five points per game. :::

Slim
11-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Na, im just looking for consistency, and progress. I expect Trent to keep the defense off the field, which he has done a great job of in the past. Im not expecting my eyes to be burning from all the yards though.

JD
11-27-2007, 12:15 AM
What would you guys rather do....

Win the next 5 and see our first play off birth of the new millenium

or

Lose the next 5 and see Fairchild / Jauron leave Buffalo

Kenny
11-27-2007, 12:18 AM
He'll certainly be more methodical in his approach. I think he can certainly chip away with that quick release and the Bills small quick receivers will only benefit from this. I think the key to the long game for this team is getting Lynch the rock consistantly on the ground setting up the play action, and even sitting him in the slot to divert attention from Evans downfield. The probelm with that is Fairchild is not going to just giving him an open playbook until he proves he can conrtol the game and the plays first. Until that's proven, simple dink and dunk high school routes will run amuck.
That's just the thing... are small & quick receivers really better for the short game? I thought that was part of our problem this year... our small guys are just getting man handled which is why we're not scoring points.

Last year, Lee was just running wild down the field which is why we had success, -whereas this year he's covered and all we have is the short game, and with a lack of big and strong receivers to fight for position (and our smallish wr's getting jammed at the line)... well, -I think we've all seen how this has affected our offense.

RedEyE
11-27-2007, 01:57 AM
That's just the thing... are small & quick receivers really better for the short game? I thought that was part of our problem this year... our small guys are just getting man handled which is why we're not scoring points.

Last year, Lee was just running wild down the field which is why we had success, -whereas this year he's covered and all we have is the short game, and with a lack of big and strong receivers to fight for position (and our smallish wr's getting jammed at the line)... well, -I think we've all seen how this has affected our offense.

Oh I completely agree and make no mistake about it, I'm not condoing the size of these receivers. I'm just saying they'll have more opportunity with a more decisive QB as their speed is their ally.

mybills
11-27-2007, 05:01 AM
If he gets 14 points and 2 interceptions like JP just did, I'll be ok with it. But I don't expect them to beat Washington.
BUF @ WAS loss
MIA @ BUF - MIA's defense is stepping up..possible loss.
BUF @ CLE - 50/50 chance
NYG @ BUF - loss
BUF @ PHI - loss

JMO.

njsue
11-27-2007, 05:17 AM
To score more than just Field Goals.

YardRat
11-27-2007, 05:31 AM
I'd like to see more of the no-huddle.

Typ0
11-27-2007, 05:32 AM
If he gets 14 points and 2 interceptions like JP just did, I'll be ok with it. But I don't expect them to beat Washington.
BUF @ WAS loss
MIA @ BUF - MIA's defense is stepping up..possible loss.
BUF @ CLE - 50/50 chance
NYG @ BUF - loss
BUF @ PHI - loss

JMO.

Clevelend is the best team left on the schedule and the only one you give us a chance to beat outside of miami. Do you even watch football?

Typ0
11-27-2007, 05:34 AM
I would have to say that scoring 5 fieldgoals and taking away two TDs from the other team because your offense is on the field more is 28 points. If TE can just turn one of those FGs into a TD that's 33 pts per game this QB change is worth.

Ebenezer
11-27-2007, 05:35 AM
they will beat Miami and find another win...7-9

njsue
11-27-2007, 05:37 AM
Clevelend is the best team left on the schedule and the only one you give us a chance to beat outside of miami. Do you even watch football?
Cleveland has been lighting it up they are improving tremendously.

mybills
11-27-2007, 05:40 AM
Clevelend is the best team left on the schedule and the only one you give us a chance to beat outside of miami.
I've seen them screw up against better teams, so yes, depending on if TRENT does well (because we all know it's all up to our QB according to JP haters) then there might be a chance we could win.

Typ0
11-27-2007, 05:46 AM
I've seen them screw up against better teams, so yes, depending on if TRENT does well (because we all know it's all up to our QB according to JP haters) then there might be a chance we could win.

that's true. If you don't get at least decent play from the QB position the team will always be screwed. But why doesn't this apply to our other games and only Clevelend. The Browns are headed to the playoffs this year and are a better team than any of them left on our schedule.

Kerr
11-27-2007, 06:54 AM
Knowing fairchild, the same old double TE bull****. For fairchild's sake I hope he opens it up more for Edwards.

Mahdi
11-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Our Offense will see a lot of 8 and 9 man fronts and not necessarily to stop our running game. They will stack the box because they know that most of TE's passes will be within 10 yards of the LOS. They will bring big time pressure and have guys waiting for the check-downs. Lee will be covered up with a corner and a safety over the top and Reed will get single coverage. There will be a very minimal amount of space to operate in. The only way our offense will do anything at all will be by TE hitting a big play early. I want him to succeed but he has to prove he has the arm.

djjimkelly
11-27-2007, 09:55 AM
i expect alot of the same on offense. no lynch edwards is a rook who im not super high on anyway. i dont expect much.

in fact i hope for not much so we can adress this qb situation head on this offseason.

i still dont get jauron and marvit was sort of apparent from the day they came in they didnt want JP.

why not sign a real FA or draft a real prospect.

this is a very QB heavy draft hopefully they draft the right one

Bufftp
11-27-2007, 10:07 AM
What do you expect on Offense now???

Sevral multiple first down drives with several 3 and outs mixed in, resulting in 3-6 offensive points scored. Will it be Trents fault? No, not entirely. This offense has so many weakness from OC, Line, on down it is deeply mired in the mud.

justasportsfan
11-27-2007, 10:11 AM
I don't expect much as long as we have the same OC.