X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • historypete
    • Feb 2005

What do you expect on Offense now???

Personally, I'm glad Edwards is starting. It was painfully obvious over the last few weeks that JP was not the guy here, and that his career is over in Buffalo. I think we need to find out if Edwards can play, I think he has great potential. I also think the coaching staff screwed up again last week, they should have played him instead of JP, he needs all the time he can get.

But, does anyone actually think the offensive production will get better with him in there? I don't, and its not because of the playing ability of Edwards. I think Fairchild has this offense running so ass-backwards since the season began, that no matter who is playing it will be like pounding your head against a wall.

Until our mental midget of an offensive coordinator decides to open things up, remove our TEs from the gameplan, find favorable matchups for the few playmakers we have on offense, and actually attack a defense rather than letting them dictate what to run we will continue to struggle.

This weekend we will continue to see constant 2 TE formations. His idea of opening things up is to spread the TEs out as WR, this is the ultimate joke. We will continue to run left in critical situations and get killed. Josh Reed will continue running curl routes while Evans will be sent deep. Parrish will get his 3 or 4 catches for 25 yards because Fairchild doesn't use his speed to get to the second level. If Marshawn plays he WILL NOT be used as a recieving threat. All the good things Fred Jackson did this weekend will not carry over because Anthony Thomas will continue to get playing time for some reason that continues to baffle me.

I hate to be negative, but I don't think Edwards will be given a chance to succeed with Fairchild running the game. This guy must be fired at the end of the years. To be this unimaginative, boring and predictable on offense is getting annoying.

Hopefully Trent can get some valuable playing time, progress some and be ready to come out next year with a real offensive coordinator and scheme that allows him to make plays.
  • Kenny
    • Aug 2004

Re: What do you expect on Offense now???

Im not too sure how much 'potential' he has... and this is NOT a knock against TE, -it's just that he's a rookie, and a huge unknown at this point.
    All we've seen are dinks and dunks...

I hope in the remaining games this season he shows us something special that will tell us whether or not he's our guy.
    That being said, -I doubt we'll see anything different that we've seen with TE before because a)he's a rookie b) Fairchild.

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

If they start calling more crossing routes and posts and outs, they can do it 10-20 yards downfield, because that's where Trent has shown better accuracy.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

He'll certainly be more methodical in his approach. I think he can certainly chip away with that quick release and the Bills small quick receivers will only benefit from this. I think the key to the long game for this team is getting Lynch the rock consistantly on the ground setting up the play action, and even sitting him in the slot to divert attention from Evans downfield. The probelm with that is Fairchild is not going to just giving him an open playbook until he proves he can conrtol the game and the plays first. Until that's proven, simple dink and dunk high school routes will run amuck.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
          • Sep 2003

At first, not much change. But as Edwards gets more experienced, more points.
          "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

no changes.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Slim
              • Apr 2004

fourty-five points per game.

Comment

• Slim
                • Apr 2004

Na, im just looking for consistency, and progress. I expect Trent to keep the defense off the field, which he has done a great job of in the past. Im not expecting my eyes to be burning from all the yards though.

Comment

• JD
                  Sabres Zone
                  • Sep 2003

What would you guys rather do....

Win the next 5 and see our first play off birth of the new millenium

or

Lose the next 5 and see Fairchild / Jauron leave Buffalo
                  “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Kenny
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by RedEyE
                    He'll certainly be more methodical in his approach. I think he can certainly chip away with that quick release and the Bills small quick receivers will only benefit from this. I think the key to the long game for this team is getting Lynch the rock consistantly on the ground setting up the play action, and even sitting him in the slot to divert attention from Evans downfield. The probelm with that is Fairchild is not going to just giving him an open playbook until he proves he can conrtol the game and the plays first. Until that's proven, simple dink and dunk high school routes will run amuck.
                    That's just the thing... are small & quick receivers really better for the short game? I thought that was part of our problem this year... our small guys are just getting man handled which is why we're not scoring points.

Last year, Lee was just running wild down the field which is why we had success, -whereas this year he's covered and all we have is the short game, and with a lack of big and strong receivers to fight for position (and our smallish wr's getting jammed at the line)... well, -I think we've all seen how this has affected our offense.

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kenny
                      That's just the thing... are small & quick receivers really better for the short game? I thought that was part of our problem this year... our small guys are just getting man handled which is why we're not scoring points.

Last year, Lee was just running wild down the field which is why we had success, -whereas this year he's covered and all we have is the short game, and with a lack of big and strong receivers to fight for position (and our smallish wr's getting jammed at the line)... well, -I think we've all seen how this has affected our offense.
                      Oh I completely agree and make no mistake about it, I'm not condoing the size of these receivers. I'm just saying they'll have more opportunity with a more decisive QB as their speed is their ally.

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

If he gets 14 points and 2 interceptions like JP just did, I'll be ok with it. But I don't expect them to beat Washington.
                        BUF @ WAS loss
                        MIA @ BUF - MIA's defense is stepping up..possible loss.
                        BUF @ CLE - 50/50 chance
                        NYG @ BUF - loss
                        BUF @ PHI - loss

JMO.
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• njsue
                          Jersey Girl!!!!!!
                          • Sep 2003

To score more than just Field Goals.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

I'd like to see more of the no-huddle.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                              If he gets 14 points and 2 interceptions like JP just did, I'll be ok with it. But I don't expect them to beat Washington.
                              BUF @ WAS loss
                              MIA @ BUF - MIA's defense is stepping up..possible loss.
                              BUF @ CLE - 50/50 chance
                              NYG @ BUF - loss
                              BUF @ PHI - loss

JMO.
                              Clevelend is the best team left on the schedule and the only one you give us a chance to beat outside of miami. Do you even watch football?

Comment

Working...
                              X