SquishDaFish
11-27-2007, 05:12 AM
Your right news breaking now

SquishDaFish
Very sad. Some people are unreal

mybills
Just heard it. So sad. :pray: for his family & friends.

shelby
How very sad...
:pray:

link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071127/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_redskins_taylor_shooting_44)

mybills
11-27-2007, 05:14 AM
He was just a baby. :(

njsue
11-27-2007, 05:15 AM
He was shot in front of his family during a robbery to his house.

God Bless

Let me tell you the Redskins will be playing with heavy hearts on sunday as they face the Bills.

YIKES

YardRat
11-27-2007, 05:15 AM
Sean Taylor dies from gunshot wound

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking_dade/story/322222.html

Washington Redskins defensive back Sean Taylor died Tuesday morning, a day after he was shot by an intruder at his home in Palmetto Bay.
He was 24.

The onetime standout with the University of Miami died at Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center in Miami, where he was airlifted after the shooting Monday morning.

He suffered massive blood loss. Surgery conducted later in the afternoon could not save him.

Mitchy moo
11-27-2007, 05:54 AM
:pray: It's horrible, just horrible. This has been the weirdest season for things going wrong, wow.

LtFinFan66
11-27-2007, 06:03 AM
R.I.P.

Bone
11-27-2007, 06:05 AM
Yes, my prayers go out to him and his family.

Expect a very physical game on sunday, very.

jamze132
11-27-2007, 06:21 AM
Such a waste of life. The guy is finally getting back on the right track after his daughter was born and now this. WTF is wrong with the human race?

Night Train
11-27-2007, 06:25 AM
The ME world has won again.

RIP, S. Taylor.

njsue
11-27-2007, 06:28 AM
Such a waste of life. The guy is finally getting back on the right track after his daughter was born and now this. WTF is wrong with the human race?
Today's human race has way too much poison in it.

MTBillsFan
11-27-2007, 06:31 AM
RIP Sean.

Luisito23
11-27-2007, 06:33 AM
RIP Sean Taylor, I pray that God comforts his family and his loved ones. I'm still in shock at this horrible news. Truly, truly sad.

SquishDaFish
11-27-2007, 06:38 AM
:pray: out to the family. RIP Taylor

Kerr
11-27-2007, 06:45 AM
Truly unfortunate. The league lost a good young player.

Romes
11-27-2007, 06:48 AM
Sad, sad news. :(

patmoran2006
11-27-2007, 07:03 AM
I'm sure Roscoe Parrish is taking it hard. THey were teammates and friends. Ironically, so was Kevin Everett. What a sad, world.

TacklingDummy
11-27-2007, 07:04 AM
RIP

mybills
11-27-2007, 07:10 AM
I'm sure Roscoe Parrish is taking it hard. THey were teammates and friends. Ironically, so was Kevin Everett. What a sad, world.

It's gonna be a very sad game. :(

Tatonka
11-27-2007, 07:19 AM
rest in peace.

colin
11-27-2007, 07:27 AM
rip and it sucks that he died, but this guy is not from a broken background at all.

he was a thug by choice

DraftBoy
11-27-2007, 07:31 AM
RIP Sean Taylor

:pray: Out to the Taylor Family, and Skins Nation

zone
11-27-2007, 07:37 AM
RIP

Mahdi
11-27-2007, 07:46 AM
rip and it sucks that he died, but this guy is not from a broken background at all.

he was a thug by choice
The man was shot in his home with his family,,,, not while committing a drive-by. He may have done some things but you dont know him.

LtFinFan66
11-27-2007, 07:56 AM
:goodpost:

DraftBoy
11-27-2007, 08:05 AM
http://www.thehogs.net/forum/index.php

This the Skins board we posted yesterday when the news started breaking, we got a lot of love from fans of every team when KE went down, lets show them some of the same.

Philagape
11-27-2007, 08:05 AM
They said on CNN that the phone lines to the house were cut. This sounds like a pretty organized hit.

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2007, 08:08 AM
Nothing was taken from his house. Phone line was cut. It was a premeditated murder. Much worse than a drive-by.

DraftBoy
11-27-2007, 08:09 AM
They said on CNN that the phone lines to the house were cut. This sounds like a pretty organized hit.

There will be alot more on this as it develops I get the feeling

BlackMetalNinja
11-27-2007, 08:10 AM

Somebody had also broken into his house a week before, but apparantly didn't take anything... Definitely sounds like a setup to me.

Very sad regardless, I could care less about his background, nobody deserves what happened to him.

Static
11-27-2007, 08:12 AM

Valerie
11-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Unbelievably sad. :( God bless his family and his one year old daughter. :pray: This is just horrible. My heart goes out to Sean's family, friends and the Redskins team. :pray:

RockStar36
11-27-2007, 08:32 AM
RIP Sean

trapezeus
11-27-2007, 09:25 AM
i feel bad for the Taylors, the redskins and the NFL in general. a very sad story.

Mahdi
11-27-2007, 09:30 AM
There will be alot more on this as it develops I get the feeling
Pretty bad assassin to shoot him in the leg though. If yer putting a hit on someone you generally aim for the head or chest.

Michael82
11-27-2007, 09:33 AM
That really sucks. RIP Sean Taylor. :( :pray:

Mr. Pink
11-27-2007, 09:46 AM
RIP Sean Taylor

thoughts and prayers to your teammates and loved ones.

G. Host
11-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Pretty bad assassin to shoot him in the leg though. If yer putting a hit on someone you generally aim for the head or chest.

No one said "assassin". He had been in trouble before with bad characters and may have had someone deciding to do a little revenge on him when was down and recovering. Hopefully cops will find a trace.

hammerbillsfan
11-27-2007, 10:21 AM
:pray: :(

Valerie
11-27-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't think Sean was meant to die. I think because he was shot in the leg, he was supposed to be injured, not dead. According to some of the early reports someone broke into his house about a week before and left a knife on his bed. I think this was a planned attack and they knew he would be there this weekend for the game. Very sad. I really hope they catch the bastards who did this. Even if Sean was a bad ass, he wasn't doing anything illegal when he was shot. He was in bed with his girlfriend with his 1 year old daughter in another room. He turned his life around. No one deserves this.

Gunzlingr
11-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Sounds like someone was sending Mr. Taylor a message.

Live like a thug, die like a thug I guess.

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2007, 12:57 PM
Sounds like someone was sending Mr. Taylor a message.

Live like a thug, die like a thug I guess.
Oh great I'm gonna die boring in yuppie suburbia. :ill:

blackonyx89
11-27-2007, 01:34 PM
What's the point of professional black athletes getting millions and they drag the ghetto with them to suburbia? You have to weed out the bad ones. Tragic that he died and it wasn't a random act. Someone had a vendetta!

There's a saying,"You can take the guy or girl out of the ghetto, but you you can't take the ghetto out of him or her". This is the case of many (not all) black celebrities.

Ickybaluky
11-27-2007, 02:09 PM
I can't believe all the speculation in here. You people didn't know the guy yet you are passing judgement?

Taylor wasn't raised in the ghetto. His father is a Chief of Police in a town down there.

Taylor did have some troubles in the past, but characterizing him as a thug is dumb. He wasn't a former gang-banger or anything. He had a couple run-ins, but nothing as severe as what Andy Reids kids have done. He may have had trouble with some people, but it probably had more to do with is being a professional athlete (and thus a target for some) than anything in his past.

As for his being targeted, there is no evidence of it being anything other than a robbery. He may have known his assailant or not. He heard someone breaking into his house and grabbed a machete' to protect his family. When confronted, the intruder fired on him twice, the first one missing while the second shot hit him in the leg.

That is all we know. Anybody trying to make assumptions based on his perceived past is out-of-line.

Drev8
11-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Am I the only one that thinks it's it a bit odd to have a machete in your bedroom?

DraftBoy
11-27-2007, 02:31 PM
I can't believe all the speculation in here. You people didn't know the guy yet you are passing judgement?

Taylor wasn't raised in the ghetto. His father is a Chief of Police in a town down there.

Taylor did have some troubles in the past, but characterizing him as a thug is dumb. He wasn't a former gang-banger or anything. He had a couple run-ins, but nothing as severe as what Andy Reids kids have done. He may have had trouble with some people, but it probably had more to do with is being a professional athlete (and thus a target for some) than anything in his past.

As for his being targeted, there is no evidence of it being anything other than a robbery. He may have known his assailant or not. He heard someone breaking into his house and grabbed a machete' to protect his family. When confronted, the intruder fired on him twice, the first one missing while the second shot hit him in the leg.

That is all we know. Anybody trying to make assumptions based on his perceived past is out-of-line.

We also know that nothing was taken or out of place during the second invasion and that his phone lines were cut prior to forced entry. That is all we know.

JD
11-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Was there anything taken from his home? If not I can bet it was a hit man. It was first said that he was shot in the groin, now its the leg?

Rest in peace Sean!

blackonyx89
11-27-2007, 03:17 PM
We also know that nothing was taken or out of place during the second invasion and that his phone lines were cut prior to forced entry. That is all we know.

He was probably hanging out with the wrong people.

Devin
11-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Wow. Just wow. We suddenly have a bunch of experts here, but givin this forum and the specific comments its pretty much expected.

RIP Sean Taylor. Only 24 years old, leaving behind a young child and by all account maturing as a young man. You will be missed.

The King
11-27-2007, 03:25 PM
My only beef with this whole thing is after a break-in a guy with all the money in the world did nothing to protect the life of his infant daughter.No upgrades in security no getting her out of the house. The family is truely lucky they are only mourning the loss of Taylor.

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2007, 03:31 PM
I hope he had a good life insurance policy left behind for his widow and child.

Valerie
11-27-2007, 03:31 PM
My only beef with this whole thing is after a break-in a guy with all the money in the world did nothing to protect the life of his infant daughter.No upgrades in security no getting her out of the house. The family is truely lucky they are only mourning the loss of Taylor.
My co-worker and I were saying the same thing today. After the first break in and the knife left on his bed, you would've thought he'd either upgrade his security or get some if he didn't have any.

I agree, Devin, some people here are very cold. A young man lost his life, in his home, leaving behind a child. It's very sad. People should show a little more respect. It's all they're talking about down here. It's shocking and very upsetting.

Gunzlingr
11-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Was there anything taken from his home? If not I can bet it was a hit man. It was first said that he was shot in the groin, now its the leg?

Rest in peace Sean!

Last I read, nothing was taken either time.

The King
11-27-2007, 03:33 PM
My co-worker and I were saying the same thing today. After the first break in and the knife left on his bed, you would've thought he'd either upgrade his security or get some if he didn't have any.

I agree, Devin, some people here are very cold. A young man lost his life, in his home, leaving behind a child. It's very sad. People should show a little more respect.Yea thats the only thing. In a few days I am sure we will know if it was a matter of being gun down or just a by stander in a break in.

The King
11-27-2007, 03:34 PM
He got shot in the femoral artery. Right where your groing meets your leg.

Valerie
11-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Last I read, nothing was taken either time.
Which makes me think he was targeted. And I don't think they meant to kill him either. Just f him up so he couldn't play anymore. IMO

Gunzlingr
11-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Which makes me think he was targeted. And I don't think they meant to kill him either. Just f him up so he couldn't play anymore. IMO

Sounds like something a Dallas Cowboy would do :scratch:

The King
11-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Sounds like something a Dallas Cowboy would do :scratch:

:rofl: where was tank johnson last night?

mybills
11-27-2007, 04:11 PM

thank you.

Illmatic15
11-27-2007, 06:25 PM

I agree, Devin, some people here are very cold. A young man lost his life, in his home, leaving behind a child. It's very sad. People should show a little more respect. It's all they're talking about down here. It's shocking and very upsetting.

remember that ST was on probation and him carrying a gun or w.e will be a violation for him. That was another example that Sean really turned his life around, damn....

R.I.P Sean Taylor , the good die young. One of my fav players ever, the closes thing to Ronnie Lott..

im4bflo
11-27-2007, 08:19 PM
RIP

blackonyx89
11-28-2007, 08:23 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/11/27/taylor/index.html?bcnn=yes

I apologize if I jumped to conclusion. There have been so many senseless killings when athletes wants to go clubbing or hanging out with the wrong people that one would think that Sean was like that. Again, I'm sorry.

:sorry:

Ickybaluky
11-28-2007, 09:17 AM
I apologize if I jumped to conclusion. There have been so many senseless killings when athletes wants to go clubbing or hanging out with the wrong people that one would think that Sean, was like that. Again I'm sorry.

I understand where you are coming from. In an odd way Taylor was an example, because he hung around with some bad dudes, and perhaps that led to this. Or perhaps not.

However, Taylor didn't grow up in a ghetto. He was the middle-class son of a cop, who attended an elite private school (Gulliver Preparatory) before going to Miami. He was a bright kid and a good student.

At Miami, Taylor did get involved with some bad people. If you are a star athlete at Miami, those types glom onto you like leaches. He was reportedly a wild guy (Clinton Portis said he was one of the craziest Hurricanes), seemingly doing things to an extreme to make up for not coming from a hard upbringing. He did get into some trouble and developed a reputation.

Taylor was supposedly maturing and getting his life together. In the end, he died tragically. Whether this was due to some of past issues or not is speculation, but calling him a thug is just plain wrong. It is generalizing based on how you think he was, but you don't know.

Meathead
11-28-2007, 09:47 AM
very sad news indeed

two points:

1. no more sad then when you hear it happens to someone a few towns over from you. remember that next time you watch the news

2. just speculating but im gonna guess he got shot trying to be a macho hero. being a man is knowing when to hide (you and your family) in a closet. please remember that if you ever find yourself in a similiar situation

LtFinFan66
11-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Guy who shot him busted his bedroom door down??

Gunzlingr
11-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Guy who shot him busted his bedroom door down??

I read that last night. He locked himself and the family in the bedroom, and they busted in and shot him.

They were after him.

Ickybaluky
11-29-2007, 12:41 AM
I just read this, and it is stunning (http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story;jsessionid=3A2F316D5356AC13C79401C8042B8CB5?id=09000d5d8049ed9a&template=with-video&confirm=true):

Sliding Doors II: Not long ago, Taylor used to have pit bulls at his Miami residence. But after the Michael Vick saga, Taylor -– along with many other players -– got rid of the pit bulls that some used for protection. Without protection from his pets, Taylor was left more vulnerable.

mybills
11-29-2007, 10:48 AM
I hope they catch who did this a.s.a.p. It's so horrible for all of them. :(

Gunzlingr
11-29-2007, 01:51 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/11/29/rolle.taylor.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- Still in disbelief of his childhood friend's shooting death, Arizona Cardinals (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/cardinals) cornerback Antrel Rolle (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/7184) vowed Wednesday to make sure Sean Taylor (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/6764) is remembered.
He added he did not believe the killing was part of a burglary gone sour, and that Taylor had many enemies on the streets of Miami.
"This was not the first incident," Rolle said. "They've been targeting him for three years now."
Rolle said many former "friends" had it in for Taylor, who was trying to build a more stable life.
"He really didn't say too much," Rolle said, "but I know he lived his life pretty much scared every day of his life when he was down in Miami because those people were targeting him. At least, he's got peace now."
Rolle and Taylor, whose fathers were policemen in Homestead, Fla., started playing football together when they were 6 years old. They went on to become University of Miami teammates and NFL first-round draft picks. Both wore No. 21, Rolle for the Cardinals, Taylor for the Washington Redskins (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/redskins).
Rolle said he hadn't talked to Taylor in a while, and that the Redskin had withdrawn from the crowd he hung around with to build a new life with his girlfriend and young daughter.
"There was so much surrounding him," Rolle said. "Everyone was talking about him bad, so he just had to distance himself from everyone and live a life of his own. ... Within the last year, I've never seen anyone make such a dramatic change,"
Withdrawing from a bad crowd isn't easy, though, Rolle said.
"They say it was a burglary. It absolutely was not a burglary," he said. "Down South, where we're from, there were many people targeting Sean, a lot of jealousy, a lot of angry people.

Cntrygal
11-29-2007, 07:02 PM
RIP

:(

hurls
11-30-2007, 06:11 AM
He was shot in front of his family during a robbery to his house.

God Bless

Let me tell you the Redskins will be playing with heavy hearts on sunday as they face the Bills.

YIKES

Sounds like something a Dallas Cowboy would do

It wasn't a robbery, and good one, almost made me laugh.

Ickybaluky
11-30-2007, 01:12 PM
Looks like they already have detained 3 suspects:

LINK (http://www.miamiherald.com/1246/story/326903.html)

Miami-Dade detectives have detained two teenagers and a man in his 20s in Lee County for questioning in the death of Washington Redskins football star Sean Taylor.

Investigators believe the young men learned of Taylor's house through someone who unwittingly set up the burglary by bragging about the football star's wealth.

The suspects include 17- and 19-year-olds and a 21-year-old. All hail from the Fort Myers area.

mybills
11-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Just heard that Andy Garcia is his girlfriend's Uncle.