PDA

View Full Version : OK, so now what in the draft?

X-Era
11-27-2007, 06:27 AM
I was thinking about it this morning

I could say that any team that ranks 31 in O and 31 in D needs anything and everything.

But I also could argue that Evans has been too quiet this year. I think that losing Peerless hurt us allowing more double teams on Evans. Maybe it has little to do with Peerless but Evans is just plain covered. Evans is also coming into a contract year. I could argue WR is a huge need to open up the offense and score more points. (Jackson, Sweed, Royal)

I also could see the Bills looking at the last 5 games as an Edwards trial. If he shows improvement they probably stick with him. If he stays the same or does worse, they could easily be looking for that franchise QB. (Brohm, Ryan)

I feel our LB corp leaves a ton to be desired. We have Pos, but after that we are thin as far as strong starters go. Id prefer to land Terrell Suggs or Lance Briggs in FA. But this is a spot that could make an impact on our D quick. (Adibi, Highsmith, Laurintis)

I also feel that CB was one of our biggest needs. However, we know McGee is one of our starters and Greer has probably played himself into a starting job. We get Webster back and maybe we are just fine.

We always have a need for better DL. This year is no different IMO. We have had a terrible pass rush a guy like Calais Campbell or Chris Long goes a long way to fixing your problems. In the middle you have guys like Sedrick Ellis and Glenn Dorsey, who by the way is the best prospect in the whole draft and the best DT prospect in the past decade IMO.

We still can use a TE but this looks to be a weak crop.

So to me its basically wide open. If I had to prioritize I would say:

conditional 1) QB if Edwards aint the answer
1a) DE/DT
1b) WR
1c) OLB/ILB
2) CB
3) TE
4) OL

Thoughts?

mysticsoto
11-27-2007, 06:40 AM
There's numerous discussions on this if you go to the "Scouting Zone" including mock drafts from several of us here and much more information...the link is at the top of the page.