PDA

View Full Version : Why is it we always get these games?

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2007, 08:12 AM
We always seem to fall into these emotional games, mostly against us.

Tedi Bruschi's first game after his stroke - against us.
New Orleans' first home game after Katrina - against us.
Denver Broncos' first game after the death of Williams and Nash in the offseason - against us.
Now Washington's first game after the death of Taylor - against us.

Why do the football gods hate us so much?? :mad:

hurls
11-27-2007, 08:16 AM
I thought NO's first was a Monday nighter vs someone else, but could be wrong. I see your point though. Another thing, is Buff teams always seem to give up a milestone. Gretzky got a huge goal vs the sabres, and it seems everyone and their father got their first goal vs us. It's a Buffalo thing I guess.

DraftBoy
11-27-2007, 08:16 AM
NO played ATL in their first home game not BUF

Night Train
11-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Those damn Football Gods.

I might become a pro football athiest, if this keeps up.

BlackMetalNinja
11-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Yeah, didn't we play New Orleans in the Astrodome after Katrina???

hurls
11-27-2007, 08:19 AM
No, it was in San Antonio wasn't it?

jamze132
11-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Didn't we plauy them first during the pre-season?

hurls
11-27-2007, 08:26 AM
not in N.O.

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Their first "home" game right after Katrina was played in San Antonio Week 4 of 2005, RIGHT after Katrina.

BlackMetalNinja
11-27-2007, 08:33 AM
No, it was in San Antonio wasn't it?
yeah, that's what I meant, Alamodome, not Astrodome... :oops:

hurls
11-27-2007, 08:36 AM
Their first "home" game right after Katrina was played in San Antonio Week 4 of 2005, RIGHT after Katrina.

Maybe you should specify "real" Home game, or "NFL designated" home game. Big difference.

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2007, 08:39 AM
Maybe you should specify "real" Home game, or "NFL designated" home game. Big difference.
Oh who gives a crap on the technicality. This isn't a legal document. You know what I mean. :cynic:

RockStar36
11-27-2007, 08:39 AM
It's a huge difference.

And NE played us with the emotional message from KE.

Wait...that did nothing for this team.

hurls
11-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Oh who gives a crap on the technicality. This isn't a legal document. You know what I mean. :cynic:

What???? So you think that game against ATL was the SAME as the game vs Buffalo, in a Stadium 3 states away? Ya, minor technicality. I already said I agreed with you on other accounts, at least man-up and admit your mistake rather than covering the bull-**** with hay.

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2007, 08:58 AM
What???? So you think that game against ATL was the SAME as the game vs Buffalo, in a Stadium 3 states away? Ya, minor technicality. I already said I agreed with you on other accounts, at least man-up and admit your mistake rather than covering the bull-**** with hay.
Dude go take your medication and calm down. Who cares.

hurls
11-27-2007, 09:00 AM
LOL, "break out the medication" comment. Quite the funny guy for someone who's supposedly in a position of interest here. You made an erroneous statement that 3 people called you out on, and I get the blast. What a joke.

RockStar36
11-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Wasn't the game in New York "technically" a home game for the Saints?

hurls
11-27-2007, 09:03 AM
I thought NO's first was a Monday nighter vs someone else, but could be wrong. I see your point though. Another thing, is Buff teams always seem to give up a milestone. Gretzky got a huge goal vs the sabres, and it seems everyone and their father got their first goal vs us. It's a Buffalo thing I guess.

It's a huge difference.

Ya, I'm the one to pick on. Nice work Mod.

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2007, 09:04 AM
LOL, "break out the medication" comment. Quite the funny guy for someone who's supposedly in a position of interest here. You made an erroneous statement that 3 people called you out on, and I get the blast. What a joke.
Fine, I meant a "NFL designated home" game instead of a "real" home game. What a huge mistake I made on my part. Wow I'm so ashamed of myself. Now the original point of my thread is completely defeated. Damn it I hate it when that happens. Lord please save my soul.

Happy?

hurls
11-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Wasn't the game in New York "technically" a home game for the Saints?

Yep, and what a difference it made to the Saints in that game. But I'm not a "Super-Mod".

hurls
11-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Fine, I meant a "NFL designated home" game instead of a "real" home game. What a huge mistake I made on my part. Wow I'm so ashamed of myself. Now the original point of my thread is completely defeated. Damn it I hate it when that happens. Lord please save my soul.

Happy?

Maybe if you weren't so hot headed, you would have read my original post that I totally agreed with you other than that mistake. But hey, you're the better man for attacking me, apparently. Keep up the good work! :up:

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Who pissed in your coffees this morning people?

hurls
11-27-2007, 09:07 AM
You did by insulting me. Thank you and have a great day.

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Oh chill out. You got me on a technicality. You were technically right. But who cares.

The point is, we get these games all the time, with or without counting the New Orleans game.

Now refocus and discuss.

FinFaninBuffalo
11-27-2007, 09:10 AM

Denver Broncos' first game after the death of Williams and Nash in the offseason - against us.

Looks to me like the Bills had three chances against distracted opponents. Now they get another one. Did you feel like the game after Kevin Everett got hurt was an advantage for the Bills?

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Uh, yeah.

FinFaninBuffalo
11-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Uh, yeah.

Was that in response to me?

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Was that in response to me?
Uh, yeah.

FinFaninBuffalo
11-27-2007, 09:18 AM
Uh, yeah.

Seriously, you believe that the Kevin Everett injury was an advantage for the Bills? WTF?

Johnny Bugmenot
11-27-2007, 09:32 AM

No it wasn't. Their first home game was in Giants Stadium against the Giants, remember the Monday Night doubleheader?

Johnny Bugmenot
11-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Yep, and what a difference it made to the Saints in that game.

They went 3-13 that year, it's hard to say if anything could have made a difference that year.

hurls
11-27-2007, 09:35 AM
I was being sarcastic. You know, when you prove a guy wrong and his thread goes in the toilet, you try to help plunge it back to surface.

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Seriously, you believe that the Kevin Everett injury was an advantage for the Bills? WTF?
It was an emotional advantage. It didn't help that we played the Steelers in Pittsburgh so we lost anyways. But yeah guys were pumped up to play.

R. Rich
11-27-2007, 09:40 AM

No. It was the Houston Alamodome.

Johnny Bugmenot
11-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Back to on topic.

Deaths, injuries happen. It's not like somebody says "Hey. I see Denver faces Buffalo this coming week. Why don't we go kill somebody on the Broncos and give them something to play for? Haha, screw Buffalo!" Come on, folks. That line of reasoning is absurd.

Now the four straight years New England gets the Bills right after the bye week? Yeah, there's something fishy.

hurls
11-27-2007, 09:56 AM
No. It was the Houston Alamodome.

Houston has an Alamodome too? Didn't realize that. J/K

casdhf
11-27-2007, 10:27 AM
The Redskins had a player murdered. Poor us.

The Answer
11-27-2007, 10:43 AM

That's kind of cold Miyagi son - doubt the NFL planned on Tayler being gunned down in a robbery the week before we played them. Regardless the skins are not going to be thinking about football this sunday. Plus they are reeling after 3 straight losses as it is.

Also on the flipside - how did we react to Kevin Everett's devestating injury on the field the next week in pittsburgh? We didn't even show up and were crushed....

~The Answer

Mitchy moo
11-27-2007, 10:46 AM
That's kind of cold Miyagi son - doubt the NFL planned on Tayler being gunned down in a robbery the week before we played them. Regardless the skins are not going to be thinking about football this sunday. Plus they are reeling after 3 straight losses as it is.

Also on the flipside - how did we react to Kevin Everett's devestating injury on the field the next week in pittsburgh? We didn't even show up and were crushed....

~The Answer

I think the Answer hit the nail on the head.

JerseyBoofaloBills
11-27-2007, 11:09 AM

ya let's complain about a game when someone in the NFL has just died at the age of 24..But the football gods hate us? cmon' bro show more class than that..the football gods also love us for keeping KE alive..But no, let's complain about emotional games when someone has died from a gunshot wound to their leg, you can't even be serious.

JerseyBoofaloBills
11-27-2007, 11:10 AM
KE suffered more of a life threatning injury, and is able to come back and walk..sean taylor was shot in the leg, and died..but the football gods hate us..this is a stupid thread.

DynaPaul
11-27-2007, 01:53 PM
It's a huge difference.

It did nothing but make Kevin say "Man... I'm glad I'm not on that team anymore" and quickly change the channel to Comedy Central.