was evans under duress when making this statement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

was evans under duress when making this statement?

"It's tough," Evans said. "We all knew the situation that he was in, so when he didn't play well it was only a matter of time I guess. But offensively you have to go back and start doing some basic things now. And hopefully the change will be for the best and help spark the offense." from the democratandchronicle.com

did evans have his paycheck dangled in front of him. Seems like quite an admission that the JP era is over and that it's just best to move on. i was expecting more viral statements from him. but he seems resigned to the fact that this is the right decision.

Now hopefully we can go out and get him another legit receiver to line up opposite of.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: was evans under duress when making this statement?

He must of come to the conclusion that getting open just isn't enough to get the ball in his hands, it takes two (never get to use Rob Base songs enough in a sentence).

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

yes, he was under duress.

Jauron was standing just off camera holding a rabbit and saying to Evans "remember, if you don't toe the company line on the QB's, I'm gonna break Mr. Hoppy's neck."
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Why in the hell would anyone be worried about staying with a team thats been rebuilding this entire decade? I doubt he's worried about getting shipped out of here.

If I were Lee the thought possibly having guys like Peyton or Palmer throwing to me instead of a rookie with potential would get me excited. I'd call my agent and ask him to start the trade process.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

you always have the inside scoop, OP. thanks.:-)

Scoob, you could quote another Rob Base Song about this season, Joy and Pain. Painful season with signs and moments of joy sprinkled about.

Comment

• hydro
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
            yes, he was under duress.

Jauron was standing just off camera holding a rabbit and saying to Evans "remember, if you don't toe the company line on the QB's, I'm gonna break Mr. Hoppy's neck."
            BERNIAC!

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              Why in the hell would anyone be worried about staying with a team thats been rebuilding this entire decade? I doubt he's worried about getting shipped out of here.

If I were Lee the thought possibly having guys like Peyton or Palmer throwing to me instead of a rookie with potential would get me excited. I'd call my agent and ask him to start the trade process.
              Evans for Dallas Clark and pick? Is that legit? i know the colts would laugh at the offer, but it's a doable Madden trade.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
                you always have the inside scoop, OP. thanks.:-)

Scoob, you could quote another Rob Base Song about this season, Joy and Pain. Painful season with signs and moments of joy sprinkled about.
                Oh, good one. Like Sunshine.. what else what else...... and rain........

Comment

• Mudflap1
                  Next Question!
                  • Nov 2004

What that quote tells me is "everyone here knew that J.P. had a gun to his head the last 5 weeks or so to either produce, or he'd be on the bench for good (or until Edwards gets injured again), so when he didn't deliver against Jax it wasn't much of a surprise that he was going to get yanked, so now that he's out of there and we have a rookie, we are going to have to put together an even more blaise, vanilla game plan and hopefully we can execute better".

Jon

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Evans for Dallas Clark and pick? Is that legit? i know the colts would laugh at the offer, but it's a doable Madden trade.

I think the colts won't take that. They are serviceable even with Harrison out because of Clark.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

Evans is realizing JP dont have it too, and he also realizes the contract EXt he wants will come if he produces no matter who is throwing him the ball, i understand they are buddies and got drafted together, but i am sure Evans wont have a problem signing his name to a multi million dollas contract next year as JP is either traded or released, time to cozy up to the TE era
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• RockStar36
                        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                        • Sep 2004

After last Sunday I don't think anybody can defend the JP era anymore. It was so obvious that it was over that not even the biggest JP supporter can defend it anymore.

D & S Sports

Comment

• mchurchfie
                          • Jul 2002

Personally, I'm tired of listening to Evans and his opinions. I wish he would just shut up and start getting open more.
                          My Band
                          daveviterna.com

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

"It's tough," Evans said. "We all knew the situation that he was in, so when he didn't play well it was only a matter of time I guess. But offensively you have to go back and start doing some basic things now. And hopefully the change will be for the best and help spark the offense." from the democratandchronicle.com
                            This happens when you only catch 6 balls for 59 yards and 0 TDs the past 2 games.

And 25 Rec., 415 Yards, 2 TDs in all 8 games with his boy.

Comment

• mybills
                              81 st zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan

yeah, I wouldn't blame him if he wants to leave.
                              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
                              X