PDA

View Full Version : The Coach on WGR

mchurchfie
11-27-2007, 11:31 AM
This guy is a huge bag of wind and has a perrenial hardon against Marv and the Bill's organization, but he did make a good point the other day. He indicated that the players needed to get a little more nastier with their playing instead of helping the opposing team up after every play and giving them a pat on the ass. I totally agree with that and you do see it quite a bit with these guys. They (especially the defense) need to get a little more attitude in their game.

Mitchy moo
11-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Inflicting pain needs to be the focus until we win, then it's love and goodbye's my friend.

eyedog
11-27-2007, 11:40 AM
Well they are fine young men and you would be proud if your daughter brought one home.

F-that. They need some nasty.

RockStar36
11-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah.

It's nice to have sportsmanship and all but they do need a little attitude. Of course, that comes from the coach who is constantly clapping on the sidelines after every play. I'm sure it would be different if there was a coach on the sideline getting in their face after a bad play.

Oaf
11-27-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm fine with laughing and sportsmanship. It should be a good time for both sides involved. It makes us look worse when we suck and are dicks in the process about it.

:madpeace:

Mr. Miyagi
11-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Churchie are you talking about Coach Sal?

justasportsfan
11-27-2007, 11:48 AM
This guy is a huge bag of wind and has a perrenial hardon against Marv and the Bill's organization, but he did make a good point the other day. He indicated that the players needed to get a little more nastier with their playing instead of helping the opposing team up after every play and giving them a pat on the ass. I totally agree with that and you do see it quite a bit with these guys. They (especially the defense) need to get a little more attitude in their game.
high character

madness
11-27-2007, 12:05 PM

Yeah, but only if you put Coach Sal in bizarro world and make him talk out his ass.

mchurchfie
11-27-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm talking about Coach DickHeaderson.

LtBillsFan66
11-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Attitude won't make the difference.

Meathead
11-27-2007, 12:49 PM
idk

i think as a professional you can turn that on and off between plays. maybe theres some lunatics that cant, like hargrove, but for smart character guys i dont think its a problem

i know i used to do that when i played against friends of mine in various leagues of hockey. you could literally be my best friend but if i can i will drive you right through the boards if i get a chance. i never played dirty, well never initiated dirty, so i didnt have to worry about that. as long as its within the rules im gonna smack you in the figurative mouth as hard as i can and help you up when the play is over

bigbub2352
11-27-2007, 01:27 PM
This is because he have a panzy HC in Dickie boy, he is the most emotionless and uneventful coach we ever had, zzzzzzzzzzzzz oh is the Dick Jauron press conferance on, all these injuries are team has is also cause of his pussy training camp that he runs, know not all the injuries, but all the sprains and pulls is cause they didnt condition the body enough always in helmets with no pads, maybe that is why JP cant handle playing with a real rush, or the defense cant tackle anyone, or no live passs rush, maybe that is why we got 2 sacks in 4 games

i agree 100% with this thread, and sorry DJ sucks

bigbub2352
11-27-2007, 01:28 PM
U play nasty teams dont want to play you, ala NE, Dallas, Pitts, Baltimore etc

Bulldog
11-27-2007, 02:26 PM
You had me until you included Baltimore. I don't think anyone is scared of the Ravens right now. And I don't know about the topic of this thread. Miami tries to portray that attitude, and they look stupid half the time because they suck, hence the 0-11 mark.

RockStar36
11-27-2007, 02:28 PM
You had me until you included Baltimore. I don't think anyone is scared of the Ravens right now. And I don't know about the topic of this thread. Miami tries to portray that attitude, and they look stupid half the time because they suck, hence the 0-11 mark.

I'd say Miami looks more stupid because they wear aqua and coral. And they have a happy little dolphin as their mascot.

Bulldog
11-27-2007, 02:32 PM
I'd say Miami looks more stupid because they wear aqua and coral. And they have a happy little dolphin as their mascot.

Classic!

mchurchfie
11-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Its not a matter of trying to portray the attitude, its more a matter of having it yourself and rising to the occasion when someone is handing you your lunch. Get mad and dig in even harder instead of helping the bully up that just whipped you and giving him a pat on the ass. That's like surrendering. Get pissed about losing and show a little emotion.

RockStar36
11-27-2007, 02:59 PM
I wouldn't mind having a QB or another player go to the sideline and throw his helmet in disgust. It's normal to show frustration and it's something I didn't see in the New England game. It was like the team really didn't give a damn about what was happening.

Billzz
11-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Tampa has some of the best players at certain positions and quite honestly I always see them helping other players up and exchanging conversation between plays and smiling. They would be Barber and Brooks then Philips, Kelly also.

On the other hand one of the absolute biggiest mouth's ever seen on a football field was Sapp and he was probably the weakest link during the super bowl year.

I know, we can go get Moulds to spit on DB's again, or quite possibly pick up any Bengals player on D. Give me a break if you think acting like a jerk off means they are not giving 110% on the field during plays. You do not need to be constantly pissed off to give an auroa of domination, some players just need to act that way because of their personality.

im4bflo
11-27-2007, 11:27 PM
I hate to hear a bunch of talking before games, of what they're going to do,
and then it doesn't show on the field.
I like players to get it done, and then talk smack!
That's being BAD!

bigbub2352
11-28-2007, 08:41 AM

Baltimore, the past 5 yrs is what i ment, as well as Tampa and Chicago, they intimidated teams before they played them, maybe not this season but u get my point

mchurchfie
11-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Tampa has some of the best players at certain positions and quite honestly I always see them helping other players up and exchanging conversation between plays and smiling. They would be Barber and Brooks then Philips, Kelly also.

On the other hand one of the absolute biggiest mouth's ever seen on a football field was Sapp and he was probably the weakest link during the super bowl year.

I know, we can go get Moulds to spit on DB's again, or quite possibly pick up any Bengals player on D. Give me a break if you think acting like a jerk off means they are not giving 110% on the field during plays. You do not need to be constantly pissed off to give an auroa of domination, some players just need to act that way because of their personality.
Nobody said anything about spitting on people and acting like a jerk. However, if my defense is getting their asses handed to them and I'm the coach or a fan the last thing I want to see is them helping the opposition up off the ground and exchanging pleasantries and smiling and kidding out there. And I'm not talking about being pissed off to make yourself look like a badass either, I'm talking pissed off because you are getting beat and you care enough to want to do something about it. You're totally missing the concept here.

Billzz
11-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Nobody said anything about spitting on people and acting like a jerk. However, if my defense is getting their asses handed to them and I'm the coach or a fan the last thing I want to see is them helping the opposition up off the ground and exchanging pleasantries and smiling and kidding out there. And I'm not talking about being pissed off to make yourself look like a badass either, I'm talking pissed off because you are getting beat and you care enough to want to do something about it. You're totally missing the concept here.

Your missing the concept that players in the NFL need to act pissed off to increase their level of performance. That chip on your shoulder mentality is not needed at this level, maybe in college/high school when playing a superior team you need to talk them up, but they are professional athletes.

Kenny
11-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Your missing the concept that players in the NFL need to act pissed off to increase their level of performance. That chip on your shoulder mentality is not needed at this level, maybe in college/high school when playing a superior team you need to talk them up, but they are professional athletes.

And what makes you think that just because they're professional athletes, that emotions dont play into the game?
Are you telling me guys like LT, Ray Lewis, Warren Sapp, and even Romanowski didnt instill fear into the oppenents? Even our very own Bad Things Man, Bruce Smith had that 'attitude'.

That's one of the things I really hated about London Fletcher the past couple of years... Seeing him smile and laugh it up whenever we got our asses handed to us.
I really hope Crowell or Poz will give this defense the much needed attitude.

mchurchfie
11-29-2007, 06:23 AM
Right, well maybe they need to try another sport like curling or asscupping then.:limp: Tell that to an opposing player when they're trying to rip your QB's head off.;) That's the problem with a lot of athletes today, they are too professional in the fact that they don't want to invest their emotions in the game and just want to show up and get paid. I would rather have someone that actually cares about winning, I'm saying they have go out there and ACT pissed off to INCREASE their performance level. You really don't understand what this thread is all about.:shakeno: