PDA

View Full Version : bills vs skins sunday

CuseJetsFan83
11-27-2007, 01:06 PM
just wondering...... does buffalo plan on doing anything for sean taylor, or will they just do whatever washington does pre-game?

secondly, with them playing the redskins, i really hope for a clean game, no injuries, and pretty much a fair game...... good luck and go for .500

OpIv37
11-27-2007, 01:10 PM
he's their player and it's their stadium- I don't really know what the Bills could do other than stickers on the helmets.

mybills
11-27-2007, 06:43 PM
I heard every team in the league is going to have some prayer time at each game.

DMBcrew36
11-27-2007, 06:47 PM
It's sad, but lets be real. As great a player as he was, he was a terrible person. Let the Redskins mourn and do what they want. The Bills need to focus on winning a game after losing two straight, and nothing more.

patmoran2006
11-27-2007, 06:52 PM
It's sad, but lets be real. As great a player as he was, he was a terrible person. Let the Redskins mourn and do what they want. The Bills need to focus on winning a game after losing two straight, and nothing more.
Unless you've hung out around him, you don't know that.

And on top of that, that's a totally CLASS-LESS thing to say on this site. I'm sure plenty of Redskins fans are visiting this board this week to get some insight and feel for the game from a Buffalo perspective, and seeing what we went through with Everett earlier this year, A BILLS FAN of all people should be a lot more sensitive.

Yes, he's had trouble with the law, he was a troubled kid. he's been fined for late hits and he spit in the face a few years to that TB running back (Pittman). But by all accounts the birth of his daughter changed him a lot, and at only 24 years old maybe, just maybe he was still in the process of growing up.

RockStar36
11-27-2007, 07:05 PM
Totally agreed Pat. Also to note, with me being only 23 I can personally say that this is the age that many people do some growing up and the birth of his daughter was probably the start of that. It's rare that a player is talked up so highly by all his teammates and coaches.

I imagine the Bills players would have a 21 sticker and maybe a t-shirt, although something like that might be done by the UM players in Buffalo. Other than that I don't think anything else but prayers and best wishes is all they can do at this point. It will be an emotional game for sure.

Mudflap1
11-27-2007, 07:30 PM
I read or heard a reporter say earlier something to the effect that "he's had his fair share of issues in the past, but no one deserves to be judged whether they were a good or bad person at 24 years old". He's just too young, and teammates have been saying he's gotten it together over the past year or so.

DMBcrew36
11-27-2007, 09:01 PM
Unless you've hung out around him, you don't know that.

And on top of that, that's a totally CLASS-LESS thing to say on this site. I'm sure plenty of Redskins fans are visiting this board this week to get some insight and feel for the game from a Buffalo perspective, and seeing what we went through with Everett earlier this year, A BILLS FAN of all people should be a lot more sensitive.

Yes, he's had trouble with the law, he was a troubled kid. he's been fined for late hits and he spit in the face a few years to that TB running back (Pittman). But by all accounts the birth of his daughter changed him a lot, and at only 24 years old maybe, just maybe he was still in the process of growing up.

I understand my comment was somewhat controversial, and there's a lot of truth in your response. I didn't mean to say he deserved to die or that it isn't horrible that he died. But with his record and demeanor, I just am not surprised that it is him this is happening to. Just as I wouldn't be surprised if this happened to Pacman Jones.

HHURRICANE
11-27-2007, 09:25 PM

Sorry, but I agree. I just spent 12 hours in a car and you would have though it was Ghandi who just died. The guy has a baby, out of wedlock, and all of a sudden he's a great guy. We still don't know why he was murdered or by who. Plenty of young people that have died young with a bigger list of accomploshipments to society than over paid athlete.

I feel bad that he died, it's tragic, but let's keep it in perspective.

Slim
11-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Snyder said the entire nfl will have the sticker on thier helmets.

G. Host
11-27-2007, 09:45 PM

Redsuck fans in general are CLASS-LESS so I would not worry about offending them. Lots of poor jokes were made by local media after Bills stumbles each year during Superbowl years. After the Superbowl loss to Redsucks the local fans dumped red and yellow paint all over my car and all I had on my car was a bumper sticker for Bills.

RockStar36
11-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Redsuck fans in general are CLASS-LESS so I would not worry about offending them. Lots of poor jokes were made by local media after Bills stumbles each year during Superbowl years. After the Superbowl loss to Redsucks the local fans dumped red and yellow paint all over my car and all I had on my car was a bumper sticker for Bills.

That would almost happen for sure in any other NFL city.

This isn't about offending fans at all.

G. Host
11-27-2007, 09:50 PM
That would almost happen for sure in any other NFL city.

This isn't about offending fans at all.
Dumping paint on a car? This wasn't at a stadium; this was in a government parking lot.

I suppose it would make since if there were a lot of alumni from University of Miami (FL).