• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Reports ready to Buzz Redskins Might not play Sunday

I"m pretty sure it was ESPN, but there are going to be reports that the Redskins might not be ready to play on Sunday.

I gotta hear more details, but it was something to the effect that Dan Snyder "didn't say no" when asked by one of the ESPN chick reporters if not playing on Sunday was a possibility.

Personally, I dont know man. There is no precedent for this, and if i was a teammate, I don't know how the hell I would be able to get ready mentally to play a NFL game just five days after learning my teammate was murdered.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Reports ready to Buzz Redskins Might not play Sunday

According to Goodell, the game is going on as scheduled.

Heard that via GR.

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

Not playing and not being ready to play are two different things. Let us know which is confirmed.
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• DMBcrew36
        • Feb 2005

Life must go on...

What they should be doing, is going out Sunday and winning one for him.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by mybills
          Not playing and not being ready to play are two different things. Let us know which is confirmed.
          nothing is "confirmed"

Goodell said that Taylor will be remembered in every stadium this weekend and players will all wear 21 on their helmets.

I also heard a female reporter from ESPN in Washington, It's not Rachel Nichols, that when a reporter asked Dan Snyder if he would talk to the league about not playing on Sunday, he 'didnt say no".

And obviously and understandably, nobody is really thinking straight in Washington and I highly doubt anyone cares about football right now either.

What's worse, and more likely, is the game NEXT week may get moved. They are scheduled to play on Thur night, I'd bet that gets moved to the weekend.

Comment

• Kerr
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Feb 2005

The games will commence. They will hold a moment of silence before every game and the 'skins will wear a 21 logo and patch the rest of the season.
            On a site note, I really hope Marshawn is able to play.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Kerr
              The games will commence. They will hold a moment of silence before every game and the 'skins will wear a 21 logo and patch the rest of the season.
              On a site note, I really hope Marshawn is able to play.
              I heard this morning his ankle is as bad now as its been in over 2 weeks.. Not going to happen unfortunately. A-Train's calf is still sore too.

Comment

• gil
                • Mar 2005

I'm sorry for Taylor, but I hope they play - we need the work and I for one don't want a win by forfeit.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

I'm sure they'll end up playing and I"m sure for 3 hours they will be on pure adredaline.

I want the Bills to win, but people in Bflo are probably the only ones in the nation that want to see that. I guess to "win" is the best way to start healing in football.

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

They are going to play but most likely won't be there mentally. Honestly, this is a game I thought the Bills would lose but after today I see them winning. I just don't see the Redskins being mentally ready. I realize it's two way different things but I look back to how the Bills responded both times to KE, especially the following week. It just didn't seem like they were into the game and IMO this is by far worse.

D & S Sports

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

watch the bills lay an egg in washington and it becomes the talk of the week in sportsnews. how they went out and won one for sean.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

It's definitely worse and obviously different.

with KE, they thought he was dead.. Reports later that night said he was clinging to life and it wasn't looking good. The following days brought news of hope.

With Taylor, it was the opposite.. He was in critical condition, and then seemingly good news game out he was able to squeeze the doctors hand and they were "cautiously optimistic". But by the time we woke up today, he was dead.

I also dont see how they could POSSIBLY be ready to play. They'll have a ton of emotion I'm sure, but I dont see how they could be mentally ready and prepared to play a NFL team, even an offense as pathetic as ours.

Comment

• RockStar36
                          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                          • Sep 2004

I really see it going one way or the other. They will either be a total mess on the field or they will play lights out. It will really depend on where their head is at.

D & S Sports

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Well if there is one coach in this league that is equipped to deal with player's and their emotions, it is probably Joe Gibbs.

Nobody is more respected around the league and by all accounts, nobody cares about his players more. I'm sure he'll these guys as ready to play as one could expect giving everything.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                              • Jul 2002

They are professionals, they better be ready to play.
                              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

Working...
                              X