PDA

View Full Version : Something interesting from Del Rio on beating us.

HHURRICANE
11-27-2007, 09:42 PM
Del Rio was on Sirrius today and he basically said the gameplan consisted of taking Evans away from JP. He basically said that JP spends alot of time trying to find Evans and implied that JP is a one trick pony.

Hopefully Trent and Fairchild will keep this in mind when gameplanning this week.

RockStar36
11-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Sad to say for whatever QB, there aren't many options.

Parrish is a good threat, Evans is obvious....

A few so-so tight ends and Josh "duck and cover" Reed....

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Well, HH.... I would guess that DelRio got that info here... we've been saying this same thing for a year now. SO basicly everyone in the world knew this except Dicky J.

Mitchy moo
11-27-2007, 09:48 PM
SO basicly everyone in the world knew this except Dicky J.

JP didn't get the memo.

HHURRICANE
11-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Well, HH.... I would guess that DelRio got that info here... we've been saying this same thing for a year now. SO basicly everyone in the world knew this except Dicky J.

When you aren't worried that any other player can burn you or you can actually get the ball to them, than yes that's a problem.

Trent does a better job of moving the ball around so hopefully that will make Evans more of a weapon and not less of one.

Billzz
11-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Sad to say for whatever QB, there aren't many options.

Parrish is a good threat, Evans is obvious....

A few so-so tight ends and Josh "duck and cover" Reed....

Sorry but your comment about Reed is off base considering the circumstances, the actual height of the throw and you just wanting to take a shot at him it seems. He has done nothing but make plays, especially on 3rd down all year over the middle.

The way the NFL works also leads players to not take possible injury causing hits due to the fact they will risk getting cut and never play again due to sacrificing his body for a catch in garbage time. :headscrat

Ickybaluky
11-27-2007, 10:03 PM
Parrish is a guy they should work into the offense more, because he is electric in the open field. I was wondering if the kid had the necessary toughness early in his career, but he has shown signs of coming into his own as a playmaking threat. He should get the ball more.

They should make it a rule that Parrish get a couple bubble screens and a reverse in every game. Heck, get creative and line him up in the backfield at times and have him flare out to the flat or direct snap to him.

G. Host
11-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Direct snapping to non-QBs should only be done by the best centers. I do not think our center is good enough to do his job and not show it is a trick play.

YardRat
11-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Gee, no kidding. More than half the board has had that figured out for some time now...I kinda assumed someone who gets paid to know this stuff would've figured it out also.

TacklingDummy
11-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Del Rio was on Sirrius today and he basically said the gameplan consisted of taking Evans away from JP. He basically said that JP spends alot of time trying to find Evans and implied that JP is a one trick pony.

Hopefully Trent and Fairchild will keep this in mind when gameplanning this week.

One word: Shocking.

Philagape
11-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Wait, let me write this down ......

L-e-e

E-v-a-n-s

number 83 .......

got it.

clumping platelets
11-27-2007, 11:25 PM
This has not been much of a secret IMHO.......all the more reason for the Bills to make WR it's #1 priority in the offseason.

Night Train
11-28-2007, 04:35 AM
Sorry but your comment about Reed is off base considering the circumstances, the actual height of the throw and you just wanting to take a shot at him it seems. He has done nothing but make plays, especially on 3rd down all year over the middle.

The way the NFL works also leads players to not take possible injury causing hits due to the fact they will risk getting cut and never play again due to sacrificing his body for a catch in garbage time. :headscrat

Reed is 5-9 and the ball was a good 5 feet over his head. So he should expose his ribs for what exactly ?

This is the most overblown issue I've ever seen. I still like Reed as a slot #3 WR. We still need a true #2.

billsburgh
11-28-2007, 06:29 AM
it's what every team that has gameplanned for JP this season has done. and it's been quite successful for opposing defenses.

mybills
11-28-2007, 06:52 AM
NT & Billz..your eye doctor's called. You're both over due for a check up.

The ball that Reed DUCKED from was over a defenders reach, then came down towards Reed...while not at his numbers, it was still a catchable ball by jumping six inches, if not, just reaching up for it. Plenty of time to catch & fall down for a first down, with out getting crushed by defenders. He put his hands on the back of his helmet and put his head down. There was no sun in his face issue, there was no bad throw by the QB issue, there's no excuse for Reed, it was a DUCK. (period)

STAMPY
11-28-2007, 06:56 AM
I don't get people around here. Josh reed has played well this year. And i think he is a great option at the slot. Lots of teams have lesser WRs at that slot spot. He is no Welker but he is a good chain mover

Night Train
11-28-2007, 06:59 AM

The ball that Reed DUCKED from was over a defenders reach, then came down towards Reed...while not at his numbers, it was still a catchable ball by jumping six inches, if not, just reaching up for it. Plenty of time to catch & fall down for a first down, with out getting crushed by defenders. He put his hands on the back of his helmet and put his head down. There was no sun in his face issue, there was no bad throw by the QB issue, there's no excuse for Reed, it was a DUCK. (period)

I stand corrected.

Let me know who else we should cut each week. Keep me posted.

mybills
11-28-2007, 07:10 AM
I don't get people around here. Josh reed has played well this year. And i think he is a great option at the slot. Lots of teams have lesser WRs at that slot spot. He is no Welker but he is a good chain mover
He has played well. Nobody's arguing that. I felt bad for him when he was wide open and JP didn't get the ball to him..he didn't see him right there? Bull! That was ALL on JP. But to blame JP for a great throw that Reed ducked from, is ******ed. That one was ALL on Reed and nobody else.

mybills
11-28-2007, 07:11 AM
I stand corrected.

Let me know who else we should cut each week. Keep me posted.
Can I cut you? :box: :club:

HHURRICANE
11-28-2007, 07:16 AM
For everybody that is ripping on Reed: The game was already over. It was garbage time and I think Reed just had a brain fart.

The guy has saved JP's ass many times and when we needed first downs he's been one of our better players.

He ducked for whatever reason but when games have been on the line he has been clutch. THIS GAME WAS OVER SO CUT THE GUY SOME SLACK.

don137
11-28-2007, 07:20 AM
I think the only one who does not get it is JP and Fairchild.

mybills
11-28-2007, 07:30 AM
THIS GAME WAS OVER SO CUT THE GUY SOME SLACK.

OVER? With that much time left on the clock and the possibility of getting them up to 21 points or more? OMG! :dizzy:

Let's settle for 14 points so that we can pick on everyone but Reed.
I don't think so. :down:

colin
11-28-2007, 08:21 AM
the fact that the slower posters still supported jp into the NE game shows how silly home town fans can be.

del rio came right out and said jp is a joke, and all he had to do was take away evans and then they win. wraith and guys that have kids with jp posted stat after stat about how jp is good and it's other people who lose for us. i mean they way jp has been defended jonny cockran would blush!

he's a lesser jeff blake and that's it.

Coach Sal
11-28-2007, 08:25 AM
I spoke with someone who was at the game who said the sun was absolutely brutal for the WRs of the team moving the direction the Bills were in the 4th quarter. He said he was sitting in that endzone and could barely see any play without shielding his own eyes.

I'm NOT making an excuse for Reed. He's a pro, and he didn't catch (what seemed to be) a catchable ball. But his reaction after the play did suggest that he had trouble seeing it. Nothing from his past play would indicate any reason why he would alligator arm any ball thrown his way. He's always been tough.

I'm giving him a pass on this one.

Billzz
11-28-2007, 08:54 AM

So you where at the game sitting level with the field and witnessed this first hand with the same angle Reed had to the QB?

madness
11-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Surprise, surprise. People judging Reed without considering any of the facts.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2219256&postcount=73