PDA

View Full Version : bad gameplans i guess im not only who thinks it

djjimkelly
11-27-2007, 11:18 PM
"It's not his fault," Evans said. "It's not one person's fault. It's just as an offense we didn't do what we needed to do. We knew what (Jacksonville) wanted to do and they pretty much stuck to it and we didn't do a whole lot to take them out of their plan and that's the biggest thing."'

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/nfl/news/ABN4114749.htm

im4bflo
11-27-2007, 11:31 PM
not executing a bad game plan.

Crisis
11-27-2007, 11:37 PM
have you ever once criticised JP?

are you related to him or something?

don't understand the obsession with making excuses for a terrible quarterback all the time

Owen DeBoard
11-28-2007, 12:20 AM
Yeah I always stuck up for JP. I thought he could make the game exciting to watch but the last two games is enough for me to see. Way too many turnovers against Jacksonville and it wasnt the coaches fault. How he fumbles on that qb sneak was downright pittiful. He knew this game was going to make him or break him so he needed to give it his best. Time to move on.

djjimkelly
11-28-2007, 12:26 AM

don't understand the obsession with making excuses for a terrible quarterback all the time

yeah go back to gameday both picks was **** passes. i cursed in forum

but if u think hes the main issue here your dreaming its easy to blame him 5 games from now u'll see i was right.

30 mil under cap means not enough talent.

under 5 mil for our HC OC DC means every week we basically play a HC that gets paid more then our main staff and for good reason.

this week we play a HC OC AND DC that each makes as much as our HC DC OC put together.

coaching and lack of talent have the most to with the bills.

we can only hope for 0-5 to end year so we can have hope of some serious change!!!!!

djjimkelly
11-28-2007, 12:29 AM

i also did state weeks ago we need to draft a new QB in this rich QB draft class.

im pulling for BRIAN BROHM sad thing is we need WR LB AND CB just as bad

im4bflo
11-28-2007, 12:42 AM
With the busts and bad decisions we've made in personel the last quite a few years, we've dug ourselves a pretty big hole, and it looks like we still need a lot
to get out. We need another Bill Polian, that guy could build a team.
Swapping one guy for another, who's not much better, is going nowhere.
We need some football smart guys at the top, and then it will trickle down to the players. And that's going to take more time than I want to wait for.
We're hurting, so let's just do our best, GO BILLS!!!

Spiderweb
11-28-2007, 02:23 AM
i also did state weeks ago we need to draft a new QB in this rich QB draft class.

im pulling for BRIAN BROHM sad thing is we need WR LB AND CB just as bad

Brohm will be gobe before we pick anyway. Brohm has played well for a team that is basically horrible this year. Living in the Louisville area now, I've seen enough of the Cardinals to feel sorry for him. Time will tell if he made the right decision in staying rather than entering the draft last year.

YardRat
11-28-2007, 05:41 AM
Execution.

Jan Reimers
11-28-2007, 07:36 AM
Execution.
If you mean Fairchild's, I'm all for it.

HHURRICANE
11-28-2007, 07:40 AM
yeah go back to gameday both picks was **** passes. i cursed in forum

but if u think hes the main issue here your dreaming its easy to blame him 5 games from now u'll see i was right.

30 mil under cap means not enough talent.

under 5 mil for our HC OC DC means every week we basically play a HC that gets paid more then our main staff and for good reason.

this week we play a HC OC AND DC that each makes as much as our HC DC OC put together.

coaching and lack of talent have the most to with the bills.

we can only hope for 0-5 to end year so we can have hope of some serious change!!!!!

Do you realize that we were in this game even with JP's two turnovers? The third one was the death nail.

How can you blame other factors when this was a winnable game. WINNABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JP lost us the game.

acehole
11-28-2007, 07:47 AM
"It's not his fault," Evans said. "It's not one person's fault. It's just as an offense we didn't do what we needed to do. We knew what (Jacksonville) wanted to do and they pretty much stuck to it and we didn't do a whole lot to take them out of their plan and that's the biggest thing."'

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/nfl/news/ABN4114749.htm

It doesnt mater this will somehow turn into a bash JP thread. Nobody want to look beyond the QB postion. 27 th pass deffense and decent DL and we do? The run run pass BS...instead of the Pass pass run. That would have been to our stregth and against our weakness instead we try to go tward thier stregth and away from thier weakness. They were smart on Deffense. Take away L Evans...we dont have anybody else = a bad day for the QB......any qb.

colin
11-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Do you realize that we were in this game even with JP's two turnovers? The third one was the death nail.

How can you blame other factors when this was a winnable game. WINNABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JP lost us the game.

that's an effing fact jack.

dj, i honestly think you met jp when he came to your class or something, you are on his jock something crazy.

he's a bad qb, we had a really good shot into the 4th in that game and jp did nothing but suck. jax had a bunch of injuries and a bottom 10 ranked passing D. there are at least a dozen qb's that would have walked us to a win.

HHURRICANE
11-28-2007, 07:59 AM
It doesnt mater this will somehow turn into a bash JP thread. Nobody want to look beyond the QB postion. 27 th pass deffense and decent DL and we do? The run run pass BS...instead of the Pass pass run. That would have been to our stregth and against our weakness instead we try to go tward thier stregth and away from thier weakness. They were smart on Deffense. Take away L Evans...we dont have anybody else = a bad day for the QB......any qb.

Yes or no? Did JP's 3 turnovers cost us the game?

acehole
11-28-2007, 08:04 AM
Yes or no? Did JP's 3 turnovers cost us the game?

Big factor yes.

Yes or no does anything else mater.

unpaid_bills
11-28-2007, 08:10 AM
The starting QB will always take the blame when they dont execute weather the play calling is crap or not. JP threw balls into the ground, made bad throws, pics, took sacks, has no pocket presence and vision issues. He seems like a great guy (likeable personality, leader, great in the community) but just not have what it takes to lead this team. That is the sad facts. The bills need to find a leader, someone who can spark the offense, make plays out of nothing, the offense continues to sputter.

There are several holes on offense that are adding to the problem. WR we need a tall possession targeys Evans/Reed/Parrish are <6ft are avg route runners at best. Reed is probably our best "hands" receiver and he is avg at best. They have to find ways to get the ball to Evans and Parrish I just dont get it. Parrish touches the ball very few times - when he does you get this feeeling he could take it all the way (aka Devin Hester) why on earth would you not use him more I understand he is 160lbs at best but he is one of our best weapons. Evans just cant get open. I know he is getting double teamed but so are Moss, Owens, Johnson, etc. the other top WR in the league they seem to get 5+ catches a game consistently.

We also have no consistency at TE what so ever. Until they upgrade the skill positions with some talent that has some type of chemistry this offense will struggle doesnot really matter who we have at QB.

acehole
11-28-2007, 08:19 AM
I think you are correct...but I also think one may lead to the other.

The starting QB will always take the blame when they dont execute weather the play calling is crap or not. JP threw balls into the ground, made bad throws, pics, took sacks, has no pocket presence and vision issues. He seems like a great guy (likeable personality, leader, great in the community) but just not have what it takes to lead this team. That is the sad facts. The bills need to find a leader, someone who can spark the offense, make plays out of nothing, the offense continues to sputter.

There are several holes on offense that are adding to the problem. WR we need a tall possession targeys Evans/Reed/Parrish are <6ft are avg route runners at best. Reed is probably our best "hands" receiver and he is avg at best. They have to find ways to get the ball to Evans and Parrish I just dont get it. Parrish touches the ball very few times - when he does you get this feeeling he could take it all the way (aka Devin Hester) why on earth would you not use him more I understand he is 160lbs at best but he is one of our best weapons. Evans just cant get open. I know he is getting double teamed but so are Moss, Owens, Johnson, etc. the other top WR in the league they seem to get 5+ catches a game consistently.

We also have no consistency at TE what so ever. Until they upgrade the skill positions with some talent that has some type of chemistry this offense will struggle doesnot really matter who we have at QB.

trapezeus
11-28-2007, 08:22 AM
is it possible that the execution and ranking of the offense is based on the fact that the guy who touches the ball every play stinks?

we don't have to worry much now since we have made the change at the position.

unpaid_bills
11-28-2007, 08:38 AM
I guess what I really meant is Losman is not a good NFL QB and the rest of the offense talent (minus Lynch) is average at best.

I have no problem benching/getting rid of JP just dont think that by itself will magically make things better until we get some pieces that work

colin
11-28-2007, 08:40 AM
ace, you can't swing on jp's nuts for ever dude!!

face it, your boy was a bust. it sucks and it happens, but he was never good enough and never will be. i counted 3 passes into the ground our simply way off target IN THE FIRST QUARTER.

going 3 and out to start every damn game, followed by punts and turnovers the next few times is why we lose. our will and our D gets broken early. jp losman has shown that if he gets down early, or makes a bad play, he will continue to make that same mistake. the reason why we run this super simple O is to protect the team and JP from himself. the sad thing is the outlet is there, in many cases open 7+ yards upfield, and jp will miss or not even see him.

stop the excuses about guys not being open, there is ALWAYS someone open, and he can pull the ball down and run with the best of them but just chooses not to.

i said it in 05 and i'll say it again, jp losman is not fit to start an nfl game.

mchurchfie
11-28-2007, 08:54 AM

Evans sticking up for his galpal again.:cynic:

djjimkelly
11-28-2007, 09:25 AM

JP lost us the game.

yes JP lost us the game ive conceded that.

NOW LOOK AT BIG PICTURE

which game this year or last have we gone for kill when we have had lead

what game have we all on this board been like wow that was creative and the other team had no answer.

ITS BEEN YEARS.

like i said we should all pray for some serious change

djjimkelly
11-28-2007, 09:30 AM
cant anyone possibly look beyond the QB position,

seriously what plays do we run that put s your confidence in this staff.

OUR D coordinator is dialing up a possible low sack total in league history

we possibly have a chance at 32nd on both D and O

and THE QB KNOWN AS LOSMAN wasnt in there for basically 5 games.

i dont want to talk about JP i want to talk about other issues but it still goes back to JP.

LOOK BEYOND JP

im at a point where i dont care about QB i dont care about any of the players i want to win. and now that is where my head is at im picking it all apart which is was doing all year BTW

TacklingDummy
11-28-2007, 09:33 AM
QB's are suppose to raise the level of the play of the players around them.

Does JP do that?

djjimkelly
11-28-2007, 09:34 AM
QB's are suppose to raise the level of the play of the players around them.

Does JP do that?

STOP THE JP **** HE WASNT IN THERE FOR 5 games half the schedule its not like his games was the reason our yardage is down

TacklingDummy
11-28-2007, 09:39 AM
STOP THE JP **** HE WASNT IN THERE FOR 5 games half the schedule its not like his games was the reason our yardage is down

Didn't think you could answer.

STOP THE LOVE FEST. JP had 31 starts to prove himself. JP is done.

djjimkelly
11-28-2007, 09:44 AM
im past JP

now lets move onto DICK he sucks so does fairchils and so does FEWELL

they all suck!!!

yet no one want to buy that

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 10:15 AM
im past JP

now lets move onto DICK he sucks so does fairchils and so does FEWELL

they all suck!!!

yet no one want to buy that I like Jauron, but if he insists on keeping Fairchild onboard, he can go down with Fairchild for all I care just like what happened to him in Chicago.

djjimkelly
11-28-2007, 10:17 AM
i actually dont have too many issue with DICK but this is his staff. and he is held accountable.

just like at work if i hire a chump it looks bad upon me or if i sub a contract out and they do a crap job its still my fault!!!!!!!!!!

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm fine with everyone else but Fairchild. NOt a single part of his unit is above average. The run is average at best but the credit goes all to Lynch.

djjimkelly
11-28-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm fine with everyone else but Fairchild. NOt a single part of his unit is above average. The run is average at best but the credit goes all to Lynch.

9 sacks on D after 11 games we are on a record pace he came up with one original gameplan this year vs dallas.

thats about it.

we rarely 3 and out others.

what do we avg 1 PR a game the D is pretty sad i want a new scheme.

HOPEFULLY THE 3-4 again

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 10:30 AM
9 sacks on D after 11 games we are on a record pace he came up with one original gameplan this year vs dallas.

thats about it.

we rarely 3 and out others.

what do we avg 1 PR a game the D is pretty sad i want a new scheme.

HOPEFULLY THE 3-4 again

The D gets a pass this year because of injury. Inspite of the injuries the D has been the unit that has kept us in games for the most part.The O blows.

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-28-2007, 11:38 AM
What else is Lee supposed to say? No matter what, he is not going to call out any of his players. Dre Bly did that with Harrington and that was bad. He now plays in Denver. My friends, even if I mess up, will always stick up for me. Im not saying JP is completely at fault, but he is the focal point of the offense, he deserves much of it.

HHURRICANE
11-28-2007, 12:16 PM
yes JP lost us the game ive conceded that.

NOW LOOK AT BIG PICTURE

which game this year or last have we gone for kill when we have had lead

what game have we all on this board been like wow that was creative and the other team had no answer.

ITS BEEN YEARS.

like i said we should all pray for some serious change

It's too hard to figure out if Fairchild is the issue when the QB can't execute the gameplan.

Do I love what Fairchild is doing? No, but it's almost impossible with JP behind there to make a fair assessment.

I will say this, the gameplan was good enough to beat the Jags. The reason we lost was attributed to the play of JP.

Last year there wasn't a game where I thought JP lost us a game on his own and I even credited him with some of our wins. However, there is no doubt that he lost us this one so how is that Fairchilds fault?

ParanoidAndroid
11-28-2007, 01:41 PM
JP is not good enough. Our WR's are not good enough. Our TE's are not good enough. Our O-line is looking better all the time. JP is getting time in the pocket, but he has no idea how to move within it and does not have good field vision. One thing I noticed about Trent immediately, is that he knew how to use the pocket and find open receivers (pocket presence). Most rookie quarterbacks are terrible in that regard. Lee Evans would be a great #2 WR, but he is not a true, prototypical #1. Reed would have a hard time making it as a #4 on most teams. Parrish is a utility player, not a starter. Michael Gaines is our best TE. He's mediocre at best right now, but I could see him sticking if he continues to improve. I would like an upgrade there, as well. We know we have a gamer at RB and an up and coming o-line, but after that, it's not good.
Trent is the right QB for Fairchild's posession style offense. We need a better receiver in the slot and out wide who Trent can grow with and then we may have something.
This team does not need to start from scratch with new coaches again. It's only been a season and a half. The 3rd season is the one that should tell us more about the coaching staff. Considering the injuries and the lack of talent, to be 5-6 is actually a good reflection on these coaches.

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 01:44 PM
It's too hard to figure out if Fairchild is the issue when the QB can't execute the gameplan.

Do I love what Fairchild is doing? No, but it's almost impossible with JP behind there to make a fair assessment.

I will say this, the gameplan was good enough to beat the Jags. The reason we lost was attributed to the play of JP.

Last year there wasn't a game where I thought JP lost us a game on his own and I even credited him with some of our wins. However, there is no doubt that he lost us this one so how is that Fairchilds fault?
I agree. LT, GAtes and Rivers are bums. So is their entire D. It's never the coaches. It's the players.

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-28-2007, 03:18 PM
I agree. LT, GAtes and Rivers are bums. So is their entire D. It's never the coaches. It's the players.
Actually, Rivers has been pretty bad this year. I put him as one of the biggest reasons for SD downfall this year. Its hard to win without a consistent QB.

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Actually, Rivers has been pretty bad this year. I put him as one of the biggest reasons for SD downfall this year. Its hard to win without a consistent QB.
he was doing fine with his other coach. So was their D. Now they look slightly better than us with better talent. My point is, it's not always the players. Sometmes it's the coaches.

We bills fans should know this since we've experienced Moolarkey first hand.