I'm sick of the criticism of Marv Levy!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I'm sick of the criticism of Marv Levy!!!!!

Please consider how bad TD left this team before criticizing Marv. In addition take a look at who's playing because the majority is Marv guys and not TD guys.

Think about it. TD is not even 2 years removed and a majority of the roster is people that Marv brought in. That's insane so stop the BS. Please review:

Offense:

Edwards - Marv
    Lynch - Marv
    Peters - TD
    Dockery - Marv
    Fowler - Marv
    Butler - Marv
    Walker - Marv
    Evans - TD
    Parrish - TD
    Reed - TD
    Price - Marv
    Royal - Marv
    Gaines - Marv

Defense:

Kelsay - TD
    Tripplett - Marv
    McCargo - Marv
    Williams - Marv
    Hargrove - Marv
    Schobel - TD
    McGee - TD
    Greer - TD
    Crowell - TD
    DiGorgio - Marv
    Poz - Marv
    Whitner - Marv
    Simpson - Marv
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: I'm sick of the criticism of Marv Levy!!!!!

Marv has done a good job of replenishing our roster, after 5 years of poor drafting and over-paying free agents under Donahoe.

Marv has drafted very well, which should become more apparent next year when the young guys have a little more experience, and a couple of key players come off IR. And he has done decently in free agency, given the budget constraints under which he is operating.

If we get, and stay, relatively healthy next year (and if Edwards is the real deal), we're 3 or 4 players from being a good team.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

So basically what you are saying is Marv is responsible for the garbage that is on the field?

j/k

Donahoe set this franchise back 10 years. It's not really all his fault. Many people on this board wanted the Bills to draft Mike Williams. Was it Donahoe fault he became a bust?

Is it Donahoe fault Travis Henry liked a variety of women, starting with some 13 year old at a gas station?

Many people on here love JP. Are they blaming Donahoe for drafting him? ( TDummy has the right to blast this pick, he's been one of the more vocal anti-JP posters, the majority of the rest of you can shut up on this pick)

McGahee? Good pick at the time. How was Donahoe suppose to know he'd be a Travis Henry wannabe?

Donahoe did make some good draft picks...Clements, McGee, Evans, Peters, Schobel...

And he did bring in Free Agents...Spikes, Fletcher, Adams, Milloy, Bledsoe (trade), etc...

Oh well....

Marv did give a boat load of money to Kelsay, Dockery, Schobel, Walker...I guess that is something.

And Marv did shock the world drafting Whitner 8th his first draft. I like Whitner but he was the wrong pick at the time.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Offense:

Edwards - Marv
        Lynch - Marv
        Peters - TD
        Dockery - Marv
        Fowler - Marv sucks
        Butler - Marv
        Walker - Marv
        Evans - TD
        Parrish - TD
        Reed - TD
        Price - Marv sucks
        Royal - Marv sucks
        Gaines - Marv Robert Royal II

Defense:

Kelsay - TD re-signed by Marv so this one's on Marv now
        Tripplett - Marv sucks
        McCargo - Marv
        Williams - Marv
        Hargrove - Marv
        Schobel - TD re-signed by Marv so this one's on Marv now
        McGee - TD
        Greer - TD
        Crowell - TD
        DiGorgio - Marv
        Poz - Marv
        Whitner - Marv
        Simpson - Marv

And let's not forget the rest of Marv's FA signings: Reyes (cut), Andre Davis (cut), A Train (good last year, sucks this year), K Thomas (decent situational player), tendered Tim Anderson (cut).

Marv's FA's and re-signings have been awful and he deserves the criticism.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

The jury's still out, and most of his draft picks look promising, but under cash to cap there's little margin for error. I find it especially disturbing that in two years he has not acquired a legit receiving threat, which is really hurting the offense, and that he's rewarded mediocrity/inconsistency by locking up Kelsay and Schobel long term. Plus he'll be judged by his coaching choice, who doesn't inspire confidence at all.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
            I find it especially disturbing that in two years he has not acquired a legit receiving threat, which is really hurting the offense, and that he's rewarded mediocrity/inconsistency by locking up Kelsay and Schobel long term. Plus he'll be judged by his coaching choice, who doesn't inspire confidence at all.
            The problem I have with these kind of statements is, who was Marv suppose to go out and get for a receiving threat?

And someone has to play DE. Who was suppose to take Schobel/Kelsay place? I understand they are both overpayed.

Who should the Bills have hired as Head Coach?

Rome wasn't built in a day. And neither was the Patriots.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
              Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
              Is it Donahoe fault Travis Henry liked a variety of women, starting with some 13 year old at a gas station?
              hahaha

Comment

• EDS
                • Jan 2003

Marv still gets an incomplete. He has made some very questionable free agent decisions, his drafts look o.k., but other than Lynch no draftee has really made any substantial impact on the team.

You also have to factor in the reality that players TD brought in to the fold were traded for picks that allowed the Bills to acquire guys like McCargo and Poz.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  Offense:

Edwards - Marv
                  Lynch - Marv
                  Peters - TD
                  Dockery - Marv
                  Fowler - Marv sucks
                  Butler - Marv
                  Walker - Marv
                  Evans - TD
                  Parrish - TD
                  Reed - TD
                  Price - Marv sucks
                  Royal - Marv sucks
                  Gaines - Marv Robert Royal II

Defense:

Kelsay - TD re-signed by Marv so this one's on Marv now
                  Tripplett - Marv sucks
                  McCargo - Marv
                  Williams - Marv
                  Hargrove - Marv
                  Schobel - TD re-signed by Marv so this one's on Marv now
                  McGee - TD
                  Greer - TD
                  Crowell - TD
                  DiGorgio - Marv
                  Poz - Marv
                  Whitner - Marv
                  Simpson - Marv

And let's not forget the rest of Marv's FA signings: Reyes (cut), Andre Davis (cut), A Train (good last year, sucks this year), K Thomas (decent situational player), tendered Tim Anderson (cut).

Marv's FA's and re-signings have been awful and he deserves the criticism.
                  It won't get better until they finally wise up and get rid of that idiot John Guy!

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

The problem I have with these kind of statements is, who was Marv suppose to go out and get for a receiving threat?

And someone has to play DE. Who was suppose to take Schobel/Kelsay place? I understand they are both overpayed.

Denney/Hargrove could easily replace Kelsay.

As far as WR's: NE got two this off season plus Kyle Brady at TE while we stood by and said "meh, Peerless Price is good enough."
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Could you hear all the crying on thise board if the Bills traded for Moss this past offseason?

It wouldn't be from me. I'd have had no problem adding Moss or TO to the Bills roster.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Could you hear all the crying on thise board if the Bills traded for Moss this past offseason?

It wouldn't be from me. I'd have had no problem adding Moss or TO to the Bills roster.
                        The thing about TO and Moss is that they're both on teams that are winning. When their teams are losing, that's when they become a locker room cancer. Moss is behaving because NE is undefeated and has already won the division- I don't think he'd be behaving so well if he was on our 5-6 team with our coach who lets the QB's take turns like a couple of 3rd graders with a PSP.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Wow, great post, and I 100% agree!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

did any of you guys bother to notice that plenty of other teams have improved a lot more than the Bills over the last two years?

The team ranges from lousy to mediocre and never gets good, but it's never anyone's fault.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

So basically what you are saying is Marv is responsible for the garbage that is on the field?

j/k

Donahoe set this franchise back 10 years. It's not really all his fault. Many people on this board wanted the Bills to draft Mike Williams. Was it Donahoe fault he became a bust?

Many people on here love JP. Are they blaming Donahoe for drafting him? ( TDummy has the right to blast this pick, he's been one of the more vocal anti-JP posters, the majority of the rest of you can shut up on this pick)

McGahee? Good pick at the time. How was Donahoe suppose to know he'd be a Travis Henry wannabe?

Donahoe did make some good draft picks...Clements, McGee, Evans, Peters, Schobel...

And he did bring in Free Agents...Spikes, Fletcher, Adams, Milloy, Bledsoe (trade), etc...

Oh well....

Marv did give a boat load of money to Kelsay, Dockery, Schobel, Walker...I guess that is something.

And Marv did shock the world drafting Whitner 8th his first draft. I like Whitner but he was the wrong pick at the time.
                              Kind of hard to say "how was he supposed to know". That's why you sit down with players and determine their character before deciding to draft them.

If I make what I think are good decisions, that turn out bad, I still get asked to step down.

Sorry, the team is void of talent because of Donohoe. He's still to blame and now that Losman is done you can add another to the list.

Comment

Working...
                              X