PDA

View Full Version : stats on the QBS

trapezeus
11-28-2007, 11:10 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/stats

This link has the stats of losman and edwards back to back. your arguement vs the facts

Losman has a stronger arm - I'm not sure how many garbage yards losman has embedded in his 1204 yards (perhaps 200?), but he's got the same average per pass play as edwards6.9 vs 6.5. So much for strong arm. Also three of Losman's TD's required receivers to make adjustments (evans in NY, Roscoe vs Pats, Atrain scrambling in Jax). Edwards has been pretty good at putting balls in the right place.

Better chance to win with losman - he has a lower completion percentage

Edwards throws too many interceptions? Losman has more. And all his interceptions literally killed the momentum. Edwards INT's still had the team rallying for a win. See Digorgio's INT. Losman's 1st interception vs the pats killed that game. His fumble and INT in jax killed the game.

if you looked at the stats, you'd probably also see that ML is the best QB option we have right now.

hydro
11-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Why did you feel the need to make this thread? Just wondering :rolleyes:

HHURRICANE
11-28-2007, 11:20 AM
The sad part is that we are comparing a rookie with his first starts ever to a guy that has been in the league 4 years.

Trent has not made game killing mistakes. JP has. The loss against Jax was not a team loss but falls squarely on JP and that's why he's on the bench.

Funny but Jauron didn't say if the team had pulled the game out but "had JP pulled the game out he'd still be starting". The coach blamed the loss on JP.

trapezeus
11-28-2007, 11:24 AM

because i am unnecesarily confused and angry that people can still say JP is the best option to win. The stats show he isn't. A qualitative review of him, show's he isn't. And to say that Trent is a rookie and the team will fall apart is being pessimistic. he's done ok so far.

His biggest knock isn't his arm strength as some have said. it's his durability. That's my biggest worry. but Edwards got taken out in a game with awrist injury. Losman broke his leg in non-contact drills and seemed to be fairly durable thereafter. Hopefully edwards' wrist situation was a one off.

hydro
11-28-2007, 11:27 AM
The problem with this thread is that it will still just turn into a JP lover vs. Trent lover thread that will get no where. People have their stance on the situation and generally won't listen to reason.

BlackMetalNinja
11-28-2007, 11:30 AM
I really find it amusing that it seems to be the Anti-JP people that are the most vocal around here... yet they just keep drudging up this stuff even though it's clear they've won already.

A novel idea, if you don't like JP and don't want to hear anymore about him... stop starting threads about him! :up:

And for the record, the # that concerns me most is this one...

Overall Passing:
166.2 (30)

Doesn't matter who we have back there, we aren't getting the job done in the least in the passing department.

trapezeus
11-28-2007, 11:33 AM
this is the week of the change. this is when we should talk about it, no?

Hydrosmak, you are right about people having their sides and pointing out the differences does no good. i apologize.

However, being a guy who wanted edwards to play vs the patriots on sunday night, this is nice to see that the team going, in my mind, the right direction. i think we'll see after these games with edwards, that we're not terribly far from another draft from being able to beat good teams.

TacklingDummy
11-28-2007, 11:35 AM
You left out the stat.

JP has played...Denver (5-6), Pitts (8-3), Pats (11-0), Jets (2-9), Cinci (4-7), Fins (0-11), Pats (11-0) Jags (8-3) combined 49-39

Trent has played Pat (11-0), Jets (2-9), Cowboys (10-1), Ravens (4-7) and Jets (2-9) combined 29-26

Now stick that in your piehole. :snicker:

Don't make me bring up ratings of the defenses they have played against.

Gunzlingr
11-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Don't forget Trent has thrown 1 Touchdown!

trapezeus
11-28-2007, 11:42 AM
as a rookie

The Answer
11-28-2007, 11:49 AM

Probably to drill the facts into the Losman lovers heads regarding his atrocious play.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 12:00 PM
because i am unnecesarily confused and angry that people can still say JP is the best option to win. The stats show he isn't. A qualitative review of him, show's he isn't. And to say that Trent is a rookie and the team will fall apart is being pessimistic. he's done ok so far.

His biggest knock isn't his arm strength as some have said. it's his durability. That's my biggest worry. but Edwards got taken out in a game with awrist injury. Losman broke his leg in non-contact drills and seemed to be fairly durable thereafter. Hopefully edwards' wrist situation was a one off.
Who knows how Trent would've done against the fins , Pats and Jags.
Trent gave us the better chance to win, he showed that against the jets. If he can score 3 pts. against the jets I doubt he could've done any better against those teams.

You forgot to include in your facts that Trents nos. went down once teams had more tape on him.

Pride
11-28-2007, 12:11 PM
According to those stats... JP Losman is twice the running back Marshawn is!

Marshawn Lynch Avg Yards Per Rush - 3.8
J.P. Losman Avg Yards Per Rush - 5.5

Jan Reimers
11-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Who cares? Trent is the starter Sunday, so let's get behind him.

acehole
11-28-2007, 12:18 PM
Why bother with this stuff?

Facts scewed aside. It doesnt mater or make a difference.

T Edwards has been handed the starting job of the Buffalo Bills.
He is the present and the future. We will be looking at him with
the same lens as the previous qb..before him and him and him.
We have learned from this ...debaters... that he is better then Losmen
right now. We have learned that when assesing his play we can
not talk about playcalling, weapons, game planning, coaching
injuries or any other excuses or inexpierience. We have learned
(Documented) that he has a cannon arm and can throw the long ball.
We have learned we can not credit the QB with tds if they are 6 inches off.
We have learned that INT/TD ratio does not mater ever....even when
espn flashes it on screen. We have learned that Brady was just like
him style wise and that turned out ok. HE has been compared to greats
like Montana and such. We have learn no mater what, the kid just wins.
The debaters say that is all the stats that mater. We learned also that
jp cost us the playoffs..... Lynch not playing aside. Some of you said our
deffense will play better with Trent in there. They will stop the run and
pass better.

So we will see. Alot of you have your reputations riding on the golden boy.

Time will tell...not convoluted stats, scouting reports...or wishful thinking.

Tatonka
11-28-2007, 12:19 PM

ding ding ding..

the decision is made.. jp is done.. lets move on.

HHURRICANE
11-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Why bother with this stuff?

Facts scewed aside. It doesnt mater or make a difference.

I stopped reading after your first false statement. Trent was not handed the starting job. The coaching staff feels that he gives us the best chance to move the O and win games.

Nice try.

Tatonka
11-28-2007, 12:21 PM
because i am unnecesarily confused and angry that people can still say JP is the best option to win.

can you show me one place where someone has said that since the jacksonville game?

you are correct.. you are UNNECESARILY confused.

:sorry:

TacklingDummy
11-28-2007, 12:22 PM

And we can thank JP Losman for this. Since JP is the one who handed it to Trent.

dannyek71
11-28-2007, 12:24 PM
No need for this thread. I was behind JP as much as anyone, but am ready to move on now. So if I moved on, I have to figure most people have already done so.

Im ready to support TE.

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 12:27 PM
can you show me one place where someone has said that since the jacksonville game?

you are correct.. you are UNNECESARILY confused.

:sorry:

TAt you have to pardon Trapezeus.. He sees things the way he wants to see them. There is no arguing with him. Just nod and smile

:snicker:

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-28-2007, 12:44 PM
10-21 as a starter, 4 -13 on the road, 1 -9 against non division road games
Beaten only 1 playoff team ( NYJ ) 12 TDs - 20 INTS against the other playoff teams ( including the Jets )
More turnovers than TD's thrown
9 games under 150 yards
5 of them under 100 yards

etc...

acehole
11-28-2007, 12:49 PM
I stopped reading after your first false statement. Trent was not handed the starting job. The coaching staff feels that he gives us the best chance to move the O and win games.

Nice try.

Really false?

You know what they are thinking?
Wow you can see all things.

Symantic BS is what you posted...because you cant answer/argue to the rest.

They handed him the starting job is true not a lie..
you and Phill really need to know what lie and truth means.

If they named him the starter did they not hand him the starting job? Is it not implied that they think he give us the best chance to win? It is a lie to ommit the obvious? Silly post.

The coaching staff and the Bills went as far as they could with JP.

It is over.

We will see if Trent can do any better real soon.

Is it at all possible they want to see what Trent has vs being better or worse?

Thier are other QB's in FA next year if the golden boy doesnt pan out ya know.

I trully think..everybody wants to know....fans coaches.....is Trent going to take this team to the next level? or...do we just have a team with not enough talent/coaching to compete. Right at the moment I think it is the later.

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 12:51 PM
The coaching staff feels that he gives us the best chance to move the O and win games.

. Hilarious

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Hilarious
I could say the same about JP.

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 12:58 PM
I could say the same about JP.
I wasn't talking about JP was I ?

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-28-2007, 01:01 PM
I wasn't talking about JP was I ?
That doesnt matter. You find it hilarious that Edwards gives us the best chance on offense, I think its hilarious that JP gives us the best chance on offense.

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 01:02 PM
That doesnt matter. You find it hilarious that Edwards gives us the best chance on offense, I think its hilarious that JP gives us the best chance on offense.
No I find Hurricanes post hilarious. Keep up.

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-28-2007, 01:09 PM
No I find Hurricanes post hilarious. Keep up.
Why did you only quote on line of his post? That is the one part you find hilarious. I find you posts hilarious too.

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Why did you only quote on line of her post? That is the one part you find hilarious. I find you posts hilarious too.Hurricane is male.

TacklingDummy
11-28-2007, 01:12 PM
You guys are interrupting another JP ***** fest. Stay on topic. :up:

justasportsfan
11-28-2007, 01:12 PM
sorry. My bad.

JD
11-28-2007, 01:15 PM
You left out the stat.

JP has played...Denver (5-6), Pitts (8-3), Jets (2-9), Cinci (4-7), Fins (0-11), Pats (11-0) Jags (8-3) combined 38-39

Trent has played Pat (11-0), Jets (2-9), Cowboys (10-1), Ravens (4-7) and Jets (2-9) combined 29-26

Now stick that in your piehole. :snicker:

Don't make me bring up ratings of the defenses they have played against.

Fixed

MarshawnIsDaMan
11-28-2007, 01:23 PM
Hurricane is male.
fixed

TacklingDummy
11-28-2007, 01:57 PM
Fixed

I counted NE twice because JP started against them twice.

Same goes with the Edwards and the Jets. Only counting the Jets once would make the record 27-17.

acehole
11-28-2007, 02:22 PM

All eyes on Trend now..JP on the bench.

No need to bash him anymore.

We all want to see the golden boy alone
with no excuses march us to he superbowl
with this team and coaching and weapons.